Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Kendrick Jackson LA Backer

Started by WaltonCollege, January 27, 2015, 03:19:13 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

WaltonCollege

This stud backer visits this weekend. Arkansas has been hot and cold with him the last few months but looks like he is finally scheduled to visit. He is 3 time MVP of his district. Committed to Arizona but I can see him flip this weekend. Coaches are probably waiting to see what kendrick does before honoring james kings' comittment

Wildhog

Quote from: WaltonCollege on January 27, 2015, 03:19:13 pm
This stud backer visits this weekend. Arkansas has been hot and cold with him the last few months but looks like he is finally scheduled to visit. He is 3 time MVP of his district. Committed to Arizona but I can see him flip this weekend. Coaches are probably waiting to see what kendrick does before honoring james kings' comittment

I'd take both of them.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

WaltonCollege

ricepig

Quote from: Wildhog on January 27, 2015, 03:19:44 pm
I'd take both of them.

Over a super duper 5* from out west?? Truthfully, we need good LB's that we aren't forced to play early, I'd like the depth.

WaltonCollege

Which 5 star out west are you referring to?

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: Wildhog on January 27, 2015, 03:19:44 pm
I'd take both of them.

Given the remaining available slots vs. the remaining available recruits (that we know about), I'd assume there is a slot for both.  I figure it'll be Weathersby and 3 defensive recruits with Jackson, King, and Scott being the most likely options.  Zuniga saying no helped King's chances.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

jackflash

Haven't read where King has committed But I would take both one OLB the other MLB

MFG

There's been a lot of good football players that have came out of Haynesville in the past.

ricepig

Quote from: WaltonCollege on January 27, 2015, 03:22:32 pm

All those west of the Mississippi.

Wildhog

Quote from: WaltonCollege on January 27, 2015, 03:22:32 pm

Joel Thomas grew a super duper five-star commit, Uruk Hai style.

1909/1964/1965/1977

IBleedRazorbackRed

Quote from: jackflash on January 27, 2015, 03:23:16 pm
Haven't read where King has committed But I would take both one OLB the other MLB

Another board is saying they won't accept his commitment yet. Want to make sure they'll have room on Feb 4th

Richard_white

I believe King will tick with his commitment with FAU.

Wildhog

Quote from: Richard_white on January 27, 2015, 03:56:14 pm

He can say that all he wants right now, but I believe that if he's given the opportunity to commit to Arkansas in future, there's no way he doesn't.

If he's wanting to play in the NFL, it's just the best decision.
1909/1964/1965/1977

hawg1221

Well that ticks me off!

IBleedRazorbackRed

If we have room for him on signing day, I bet he's ours. If higher rated guys jump on board, he'll be an owl.

Scott7703

King stated yesterday that he was told his spot was being held for a wr (KJ hill).

Bacon_Bitz

Quote from: Wildhog on January 27, 2015, 03:58:49 pm
He can say that all he wants right now, but I believe that if he's given the opportunity to commit to Arkansas in future, there's no way he doesn't.

If he's wanting to play in the NFL, it's just the best decision.

I agree, but just to be obnoxious, would like to point out that FAU currently has more linebackers playing in the NFL than Arkansas.

WriterWrong

Any chance King could greyshirt?

Wildhog

Quote from: Bacon_Bitz on January 27, 2015, 04:10:33 pm
I agree, but just to be obnoxious, would like to point out that FAU currently has more linebackers playing in the NFL than Arkansas.

I understand the urge to be obnoxious.
1909/1964/1965/1977

Love those Hogs

Not if he has a full ride already waiting for him.
Hogs 4 Life!

WriterWrong

Quote from: Love those Hogs on January 27, 2015, 04:15:12 pm
Not if he has a full ride already waiting for him.

Greyshirting still gets him a scholarship. It just comes a semester later.

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: WriterWrong on January 27, 2015, 04:18:36 pm

Which a lot of kids won't do. Like Philon

WriterWrong

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on January 27, 2015, 04:20:20 pm
Which a lot of kids won't do. Like Philon

Agreed. But, the difference in playing SEC football and Conference USA is large.

IBleedRazorbackRed

Quote from: WriterWrong on January 27, 2015, 04:23:25 pm
Agreed. But, the difference in playing SEC football and Conference USA is large.

Also expensive.

Tim Harris

Quote from: WriterWrong on January 27, 2015, 04:18:36 pm

He would have to pay out of state tuition for a semester which isn't going to happen.

Grey shirting happens on message boards way more often than it does in real life.

Tusks

What are the hogs realistic chances with Kendrick Jackson?

Will he show and is there legit interest from him to commit.  I mean he's been committed to Zona for a long time.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

Tim Harris

Quote from: tusked on January 27, 2015, 09:11:00 pm
What are the hogs realistic chances with Kendrick Jackson?

Will he show and is there legit interest from him to commit.  I mean he's been committed to Zona for a long time.

Several of the "recruiting guys" have said he will flip when he visits.

woodrow hog call

Sooooooo you are telling me this isn't real life?
Do you go around kicking puppies too?
"I hate rude behavior in a man, I won't tolerate it"

ricepig

Who's in New Orleans?

@Bret Bielema: Started today in Miami, morning stop in west Florida, then Atlanta, dinner in South Georgia and just walked into hotel in New Orleans. #WPS

Tim Harris

Quote from: ricepig on January 27, 2015, 09:14:03 pm
Who's in New Orleans?

@Bret Bielema: Started today in Miami, morning stop in west Florida, then Atlanta, dinner in South Georgia and just walked into hotel in New Orleans. #WPS

We told this kid to keep this weekend open and we might bring him in for a visit.

http://247sports.com/Player/Hunter-Dale-23125

carolinahogger

Quote from: MFG on January 27, 2015, 03:23:49 pm
There's been a lot of good football players that have came out of Haynesville in the past.

Johnnie Meadors IIRC.

JaketheSnake

Quite an offer list for someone we might still not be offering! 
Quote from: Tim Harris on January 27, 2015, 09:16:58 pm
We told this kid to keep this weekend open and we might bring him in for a visit.

Tim Harris

Quote from: JaketheSnake on January 27, 2015, 09:19:50 pm
Quite an offer list for someone we might still not be offering! 

Lots of offers listed but only shows 1 visit so far.

hawgwash

He has an OUTSTANDING offer list.

Steef

Good gosh!

Look at those offers!

Tusks

So it looks like the last 4 will be an OT, LB, S & ?
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

ricepig

It would be good to get some kind of in road into John Curtis, besides the HC.

hogsfan31

Coach and Robb Smith are expected to be in Magnolia tomorrow around noon to go see a player from Haynesville. I'm assuming it's Jackson.

tophawg19

HD comes from John Curtis . would love to see us get a foot hold in this school
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

OnTheHillHogFan

King can commit if Hill decides to go elsewhere.
Quote from: JaketheSnake on November 07, 2012, 10:28:17 am
Shoot the Obama deer... the ones that come for the free corn.
Quote from: ReddieHawg on November 06, 2013, 09:38:24 am
Do you happen to have any rapping skills? I think we could set you up with DJ Khaled and you could make a song entitled, "All I Do Is Bitch"

MissippHog

His timeline is strange.  He's unofficially visited a lot of schools (Ohio State, Florida, Ole Miss, Miami, etc.) and he was committed to Nebraska for about 3 days.  Only official visits were to Arizona State and Indiana yet he has offers from half of the P5 schools.  I'd like to know the story behind this kid (and I'm not implying anything negative regarding him, just wondering.)

Rawland Watson

Quote from: hawgwash on January 27, 2015, 09:24:19 pm
He has an OUTSTANDING offer list.
So you mean to tell me he's the 32nd best player in Louisiana and he's still a three star recruit with those offers? There's 31 players better than him?

This is just amazing to me, I try to explain to none Hog fans how difficult it is just to recruit your own instate talent and be successful as a lot of these other programs in the south are, the question is  always why can't Arkansas get talent like this school and that school, well maybe because we don't produce 30 freakin D1 athletes a the year!
hard work and dedication

kp72204

January 28, 2015, 04:59:49 am #43 Last Edit: January 28, 2015, 05:18:47 am by kp72204
Quote from: Scott7703 on January 27, 2015, 04:09:52 pm
King stated yesterday that he was told his spot was being held for a wr (KJ hill).

Isn't this the same thing that we say other colleges do that we would never do? What's difference between what we're doing and Bama except that we're just now getting to the point we can start to be more selective. In all honesty ain't this what we're secretly all hoping for? Haven't we dumped kids for higher ranked kids but get holier than thou when other programs do it? Can someone explain this to me? I'm all HOG fan so check past posts just curious is all.

Steef

Quote from: kp72204 on January 28, 2015, 04:59:49 am
Isn't this the same thing that we say other colleges do that we would never do? What's difference between what we're doing and Bama except that we're just now getting to the point we can start to be more selective. In all honesty ain't this what we're secretly all hoping for? Haven't we dumped kids for higher ranked kids but get holier than thou when other programs do it? Can someone explain this to me? I'm all HOG fan so check past posts just curious is all.

Bama would have told him "yeah, you've got a schollie" then cut him on NSD.

Like they did Philon.

We (like any reputable school would) tell him exactly where he stands.

Its a risk for us, too. While everyone is waiting for tagey A to make up his mind, everyone else just might go find a spot elsewhere. And often do.

Tim Harris

Quote from: MissippHog on January 28, 2015, 12:54:03 am
His timeline is strange.  He's unofficially visited a lot of schools (Ohio State, Florida, Ole Miss, Miami, etc.) and he was committed to Nebraska for about 3 days.  Only official visits were to Arizona State and Indiana yet he has offers from half of the P5 schools.  I'd like to know the story behind this kid (and I'm not implying anything negative regarding him, just wondering.)

I wish I knew the story as well because it is definitely strange.

razorbacker3

Quote from: OnTheHillHogFan on January 27, 2015, 11:02:25 pm
King can commit if Hill decides to go elsewhere.
Why not oversign by one or two. Always a good possibility not all recruits will make it to the hill.

Paul

Quote from: kp72204 on January 28, 2015, 04:59:49 am
. It's precisely the opposite of what Bama did to Philon.  We're saying to King, "we don't have a spot for u if Hill signs".

Paul

Quote from: razorbacker3 on January 28, 2015, 07:38:09 am
Why not oversign by one or two. Always a good possibility not all recruits will make it to the hill.
I don't think you can do that anymore

Tim Harris

Quote from: razorbacker3 on January 28, 2015, 07:38:09 am

You can only sign 25 in the SEC unless you have spots to count back to which we don't.