Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

"his highlight video looks great"

Started by upperdeck_hawg, January 27, 2015, 03:09:56 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

upperdeck_hawg

Can we stop saying that about recruits. I quit clicking on highlight videos a long time ago because, well,
1. it's a highlight video not a low-light video.
2. it's a highlight video of the recruit usually playing against kids who are no where near the recruits atheletic abilities. I mean Johnny Football sure looked all-world in his college highlight reels too.
I don't hate the guy.  He's a great Hog, and a needed contributor.  I despise that he does not understand his role as a complimentary player puts an absolute ceiling on this team.

-ErieHog on Devo Davis

ricepig

IBleedRazorbackRed

Quote from: upperdeck_hawg on January 27, 2015, 03:09:56 pm
Can we stop saying that about recruits. I quit clicking on highlight videos a long time ago because, well,
2. it's a highlight video of the recruit usually playing against kids who are no where near the recruits atheletic abilities. I mean Johnny Football sure looked all-world in his college highlight reels too.

It still gives you a better clue to how the kid plays than most other options out there.

Wildhog

Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

hogville38

upperdeck_hawg

the best highligh was 6'4 220lb DGB running rough-shot over these 5'10 150 lb, white defensive backs. Yeah, let's annoint him the #1 recruit in America.
I don't hate the guy.  He's a great Hog, and a needed contributor.  I despise that he does not understand his role as a complimentary player puts an absolute ceiling on this team.

-ErieHog on Devo Davis

PaintballHog

Every recruit has their best plays on a highlight video, so it's okay to compare them to eachother. If one recruit's highlight video stands out, then it's not illogical to take that into consideration.

upperdeck_hawg

-ErieHog on Devo Davis

HogCard

what does Johnny football college highlight reels have to do with a kids high school reels?

Bubba's Bruisers

I really don't watch highlights, because I might admittedly be the only one on HV who isn't capable of properly evaluating a recruit.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

twistitup

Johnny football dominated the college game, let's not compare him to a high school player. He may never play another down, but it doesn't takeaway from what he did in college.
How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

IBleedRazorbackRed

Quote from: upperdeck_hawg on January 27, 2015, 03:15:53 pm
the best highligh was 6'4 220lb DGB running rough-shot over these 5'10 150 lb, white defensive backs. Yeah, let's annoint him the #1 recruit in America.

And that guy would have been a stud had he not gotten in trouble.

Boarsnest

Have you ever sent your resume for a job opening? Did you bring out your strengths in that resume and cover letter? or only your negatives!!!

hawgsmellgud

Kelvin Fisher and Zuniga have the best two I have ever seen.
"I've never been a numbers guy," Mallett said. "If you play the game for yourself, don't play. I don't want you on the team. There's one goal we've got here. If you're not trying to reach that goal, don't come to Arkansas."

scruf

1. Duh.
2. Yeah, but did you see his HS video?

scruf

PaintballHog

Quote from: Boarsnest on January 27, 2015, 03:34:34 pm
Have you ever sent your resume for a job opening? Did you bring out your strengths in that resume and cover letter? or only your negatives!!!

lol good comparison

ricepig

Quote from: Boarsnest on January 27, 2015, 03:34:34 pm

I said on here one time that one of my son's highlight video made him look like a D-I player, he quickly told me what his hold back was......genetics.

hawgsmellgud

Soooo. Just watched Jackson kid from LA's video. It was aight.
"I've never been a numbers guy," Mallett said. "If you play the game for yourself, don't play. I don't want you on the team. There's one goal we've got here. If you're not trying to reach that goal, don't come to Arkansas."

HogMantheIntruder

"When life hands you lemons, just shut up and eat the damn lemons."
   -Harry Solomon

scruf

Danny J

Kane Whitehurst had a badass highlight video. One of the best I have ever seen.

Pig in the Pokey

go back to monday morning QB you recruiting nubby.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

Jim Harris

agreed. In fact, I dare ya to find a highlight video of anybody on Hudl that ISN'T good.
"We've been trying to build a program on a 7-8 win per season business model .... We upgraded the Business Model." -- John Tyson

chitwnhog

^^^DUM....Dumb....too dumb to spell dumb.^^%

MojoHog

Don't focus on what he does. Focus in on the fundamentals and natural reactions. For a good idea of what to look for look up just about any NFLer high school highlight. Most have great fundamentals and a good understanding of how to move early on. Of course some are just natural athletes and are coached up in college or are just late bloomers when it comes to completely understanding the game.
Go Hogs!
Go Pack Go!

prattville pig

Life's too short to last long.

hawginbigd1

IMO Zuniga played to tall and will struggle in the SEC.

regi

He was a scrub against this guy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HF9AX2EuBfE

tophawg19

Basil was talent wasted as was KENIKO Logan
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

regi

Quote from: tophawg19 on January 27, 2015, 06:44:49 pm
Basil was talent wasted as was KENIKO Logan

Basil was the most electric High School player I ever saw. Came along 20 years to soon, no way someone would not get him in school today.

duckman

Measurables, Offer list > Highlight videos, Stars

I do think you can see a players instincts and attitude with video.

redeye

I quit watching highlight videos a few years ago, because I just don't wanna spend the time watching them anymore.  However, I certainly don't mind if others do and actually enjoy the comments some.

Hey Super

YEAH! We'll all now just use our imaginations just because it bothers you that people compliment a highlight reel! You got it man! Yeah! Alright! Cool!!! /sarcasm

[attachment deleted by admin]
As the ancient Tibetan philosophy states...... "Don't start none ... won't be none"<br /><br />
Quote from: Seebs on July 23, 2011, 02:33:26 pm<br />Please do not allow facts to get in the way of a good freak out<br />

#1 STUNNA

It wouldn't have mattered if he was going against 6'2 black defensive backs... He was an animal in high school. And would have had a very good college career if he could have stayed out of trouble.

#1 STUNNA

Best high light videos I have seen are from Reggie Bush, Noel Devine, and Lache Seastrunk..

thebignasty

Why speculate on anything recruiting related.

KlubhouseKonnected

Can we cry more? I'd like to see more crying.
If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

Amityvillehogger

Quote from: #1 STUNNA on January 27, 2015, 08:44:52 pm
Best high light videos I have seen are from Reggie Bush, Noel Devine, and Lache Seastrunk..

For me - Reggie Bush, Sam McGuffie, and Jedeveon Clowney
Member # 2987.
Registered - 02-23-2005

Hawgtavious

I think the best highlight video is Charles Jefferson, Ridgemont High vs. Lincoln

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YYV5f0Aqo4w#t=38

sickboy

C'mon. You're telling me you've never seen a video of a kid who you wouldn't offer? I've seen tons of videos of kids who I don't think are good enough to be Hogs.

twistitup

Kids should send out lowlight videos. F trying to look impressive just put missed tackles, fumbles, etc...

#1 STUNNA

Quote from: Amityvillehogger on January 28, 2015, 12:01:57 am
For me - Reggie Bush, Sam McGuffie, and Jedeveon Clowney
Yea McGuffies was super impressive also

#1 STUNNA

OneTuskOverTheLine™

I came here for the highlight videos... :(
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

DallasHogFan

I remember HighLights magazine when I was a kid. Those word searches were no joke.
Let me tell you what Melba Toast is packin' right here, all right. We got 4:11 Positrac outback, 750 double pumper, Edelbrock intake, bored over 30, 11 to 1 pop-up pistons, turbo-jet 390 horsepower. We're talkin' some "Hogville Censored" muscle. -Wooderson

KlubhouseKonnected

Quote from: #1 STUNNA on January 27, 2015, 08:41:15 pm
It wouldn't have mattered if he was going against 6'2 black defensive backs... He was an animal in high school. And would have had a very good college career if he could have stayed out of trouble.

Which is why he is still going to get picked in one of the first three rounds if the NFL draft.
If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

ricepig

Quote from: DallasHogFan on January 28, 2015, 08:45:09 am
I remember HighLights magazine when I was a kid. Those word searches were no joke.

And Goofus and Galiant, or whatever their names were.......I always knew when I was reading one of those it wasn't good, I was either at the dentist or doctor.

Pig in the Pokey

Zuniga! 
You are hilarious, OP. Just because YOU don't know what to look for in the tape doesn't mean WE don't. Of course, you are right about the majority of posters here.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

twistitup

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on January 28, 2015, 11:12:15 am
Zuniga! 
You are hilarious, OP. Just because YOU don't know what to look for in the tape doesn't mean WE don't. Of course, you are right about the majority of posters here.

It's all about the feets