Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Tyler Phillips

Started by scruf, January 26, 2015, 03:52:07 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

scruf

What's the story on this young man? His athleticism and offers don't match up. I'll hang up and listen.

tophawg19

if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

Hoggish1

tophawg19

i really think he may be a walk on . hope so anyway. great sparqs numbers

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: tophawg19 on January 26, 2015, 04:00:39 pm
i really think he may be a walk on . hope so anyway. great sparqs numbers

He would be an excellent walk on

tophawg19

yep cause he could be a strong safety /olb . we have a need at both . wouldn't be shocked if one of our current WR's  moves to strictly track

texas tush hog

Quote from: tophawg19 on January 26, 2015, 04:24:21 pm
yep cause he could be a strong safety /olb . we have a need at both . wouldn't be shocked if one of our current WR's  moves to strictly track

Eric Hawkins?

redswarmrising

if we don't get all the spots filled i could see Ark offering at the last minute

tophawg19

would be my guess . he is splitting time and isn't getting better as a WR. hope Enos can help someway cause we really need that speed on the field but if he can't help then the coaches may move on .

redeye

Tyler Phillips seems like a great young man, but there has to be a reason why he has so few offers.  It's not like he hasn't been spotlighted for his SPARQ performances and people don't know about him.  Last year we had the LB from West Memphis, so it seems like there's one of these guys every year.

And what about Justin Bailey of Mayflower?  I think we've heard grades may be an issue with him, but ESPN has him as a 4-star recruit who's only offer is from Middle Tennessee.  Seems like a good player to send to Kansas for a couple of years and then offer later.