Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

RD- On Weathersby

Started by JackJohnson, January 26, 2015, 02:22:43 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

JackJohnson

1- should we be concerned that his mom made the trip to LSU but didn't accompany him here?  I know that isn't the end all be all with examples like Collins came by himself but obviously you would prefer for a parent or parental figure to come to see everything as well

2- I know he was literally just hired and probably hasn't even unpacked yet or maybe even gotten here but was wondering if Enos would be making a visit to see Weathersby?  He would obviously be selling him not only that the offense won't change, but since he is said to be a fantastic closer him and Pittman would be quite the 1/2 punch.  He can also specifically use the fact that he coached the #1 OVERALL pick in the NFL draft for 3 years within his offense as an extra selling point. 

Was wondering if he was going to go another day and was just surprised they sent Pittman today rather than possibly giving Enos time to go down with him

Scott7703

Quote from: JackJohnson on January 26, 2015, 02:22:43 pm
1- should we be concerned that his mom made the trip to LSU but didn't accompany him here?  I know that isn't the end all be all with examples like Collins came by himself but obviously you would prefer for a parent or parental figure to come to see everything as well

2- I know he was literally just hired and probably hasn't even unpacked yet or maybe even gotten here but was wondering if Enos would be making a visit to see Weathersby?  He would obviously be selling him not only that the offense won't change, but since he is said to be a fantastic closer him and Pittman would be quite the 1/2 punch.  He can also specifically use the fact that he coached the #1 OVERALL pick in the NFL draft for 3 years within his offense as an extra selling point. 

Was wondering if he was going to go another day and was just surprised they sent Pittman today rather than possibly giving Enos time to go down with him

This is just me thinking outloud but I'm thinking Pittman and Enos see Weathersby Sunday evening. May send more than just the two of them.

tophawg19

Pittman VS coach O. Pittman appears stabile and set for the long haul. Coach O is like a beach ball bouncing along .  I like our chances in this one
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

Wildhog

Quote from: tophawg19 on January 26, 2015, 02:30:23 pm
Pittman VS coach O. Pittman appears stabile and set for the long haul. Coach O is like a beach ball bouncing along .  I like our chances in this one

Coach O's not the one I'm worried about.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

JackJohnson

Quote from: Scott7703 on January 26, 2015, 02:26:29 pm
This is just me thinking outloud but I'm thinking Pittman and Enos see Weathersby Sunday evening. May send more than just the two of them.

I know asst coaches only get 1 in home per week, and 6 total.  Do we know when the "new week" starts?  I mean obviously Sunday is a new week, but is it in the NCAA world?

Scott7703

Quote from: JackJohnson on January 26, 2015, 02:31:37 pm
I know asst coaches only get 1 in home per week, and 6 total.  Do we know when the "new week" starts?  I mean obviously Sunday is a new week, but is it in the NCAA world?

I believe the recruiting weeks also run from Sunday-Saturday.

JackJohnson

Quote from: Scott7703 on January 26, 2015, 02:37:30 pm
I believe the recruiting weeks also run from Sunday-Saturday.

this would be fantastic to have Pitt AND Enos in there on Sunday, which would be doable since TW isn't visiting anywhere this week.  I will feel much better about him, even though I am cautiously optimistic Grimes is the last person I want to go head to head with for an OL

Tusks

I thought I saw where Weathersby was visiting UH this weekend?

LSU & UH make$ me nervou$.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

downsouthhawg72

Quote from: JackJohnson on January 26, 2015, 02:33:30 pm
me either...

https://footballrecruiting.rivals.com/viewcoach.asp?Coach=1357&Team=7&Sport=1&Year=2010

https://footballrecruiting.rivals.com/viewcoach.asp?Coach=1357&Team=7&Sport=1&Year=2011

https://footballrecruiting.rivals.com/viewcoach.asp?Coach=1357&Team=7&Sport=1&Year=2012

Even though Grimes has pulled in some 4* recruits...I can bet you working at Auburn has helped him out more than his recruiting skills have....Now Pittman has proved he's a great recruiter because he's pulled in 4* recruits at Arkansas which is way better than a coach doing it at Auburn...SO in saying that,,I believe Pittman will beat any O-line Coach for a O-lineman he wants if he wants him because he's that good....So I think Weathersby is ours when it's all said & done.
DownSouthHawg

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: tusked on January 26, 2015, 03:00:59 pm

Why do we keep insulting recruits?
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

Scott7703

Have heard that he isn't visiting Houston but can't officially confirm that.

ricepig

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on January 26, 2015, 03:21:28 pm

Not really sure, he must come from the "that's the only was we can lose one" club.

bigdaddyhawg

You should keep that to yourself at this point.
Let us then turn this government back into the channel in which the framers of the Constitution originally placed it.  Abraham Lincoln, 1858

HSVhogfan2

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on January 26, 2015, 03:21:28 pm

It's kinda a Hogville thing. Lose a recruit, he got paid, lose a game, the refs cheated. AR has never lost a gme, or a recruit where the playing field was level.
"The post you have just read was used with the express written consent of HSVHogfan2."

Veni Sancte Spiritus

Do you wish to rise? Begin by descending. You plan a tower that will pierce the clouds? Lay first the foundation of humility.

ricepig

Quote from: HSVhogfan2 on January 26, 2015, 03:41:03 pm
It's kinda a Hogville thing. Lose a recruit, he got paid, lose a game, the refs cheated. AR has never lost a gme, or a recruit where the playing field was level.

Well, at least you understand, several don't...........

Piglywigly

Quote from: HSVhogfan2 on January 26, 2015, 03:41:03 pm
It's kinda a Hogville every major college football board thing. Lose a recruit, he got paid, lose a game, the refs cheated. AR our team has never lost a game, or a recruit where the playing field was level.

fixed it.

Scott7703

Quote from: Piglywigly on January 26, 2015, 04:24:48 pm
fixed it.

Yep that's pretty much it.

There are still those who believe Arkansas is in the drivers seat with Weathersby so it would be great if we slowed down with non sense.

Tusks

Wow didn't mean to hit a nerve.  Im not trying to insult any recruit but if you don't think that money isn't changing hands at significant rate right now in the recruiting game then I can't help you.

Some schools get desperate in the end and crazy things happen.  I believe that CBB can sell the UA and his program as well as any school on a level playing field.  Problem is some schools can't or don't and they tilt the field in their favor.  Sometimes the hogs lose a recruit because a kid likes another school better.  Sometimes the hogs lose a recruit because another school bent the rules.

UH & LSU are both known to tilt the field a little.  Do they hand out envelopes full of cash like SMU....no but there's other ways to benefit a recruit or his family.

Good grief guys....scam newton was bought for $100,000.  That may not be the norm but $1,500 here or $2,500 there happens all the time.

mhuff

Quote from: tusked on January 26, 2015, 04:59:54 pm
Wow didn't mean to hit a nerve.  Im not trying to insult any recruit but if you don't think that money isn't changing hands at significant rate right now in the recruiting game then I can't help you.

Some schools get desperate in the end and crazy things happen.  I believe that CBB can sell the UA and his program as well as any school on a level playing field.  Problem is some schools can't or don't and they tilt the field in their favor.  Sometimes the hogs lose a recruit because a kid likes another school better.  Sometimes the hogs lose a recruit because another school bent the rules.

UH & LSU are both known to tilt the field a little.  Do they hand out envelopes full of cash like SMU....no but there's other ways to benefit a recruit or his family.

Good grief guys....scam newton was bought for $100,000.  That may not be the norm but $1,500 here or $2,500 there happens all the time.

Tusked I have to respectfully disagree with you. Scam got a lot more than that. ;) There are naïve people on the board that do not acknowledge the dark side of recruiting. It's all about the relationship between the recruit and the coaches..... Yeh right..... it may be true with some..... but it also has to do with the cars, money, houses for your girlfriend's mother, suits, and jobs for relatives or girlfriends family. There are many players at this time of year that's going to the highest bidder. It is that way now and has been. Look at our conference and others and pick out the schools that have been caught red handed. Then tell me it's always about relationships.

ricepig

Dude from Scout said we'd get him, or that what Bo's tweet indicated.

tophawg19

UH  has the former OSU  O/C now . Herman i believe was his name .
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

aloha_kid

Quote from: JackJohnson on January 26, 2015, 02:22:43 pm
1- should we be concerned that his mom made the trip to LSU but didn't accompany him here? 

Maybe his mom isn't sold on LSU as far as a 'safe' place and she has trust in CBB

Bubba's Bruisers

It takes two to execute the transaction.  These suggestions typically imply that a recruit is automatically on the take if a program offers the cash. 
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

pondwater jack

try $180,000
Quote from: OneTuskOverTheLine™ on February 13, 2015, 07:56:19 am
I cry at the thought of our creator looking down from on high relishing in two of his more majestic creations (Jack Blasingame and Mike Irwin) pulling together for the benefit of all razorback nation. Neigh..! mankind...
Quote from: Fort Dweller on February 14, 2015, 10:04:29 pm
And they slowly slink back to their holes.  Well done Madden and Watkins.

ricepig

Bubba's Bruisers

Cam couldn't have gotten $100k.  He didn't even know about the deal.

MissippHog

From Weathersby to Cam Newton......only on Hogville.

mhuff

Quote from: pondwater jack on January 26, 2015, 05:26:13 pm
try $180,000

Of course I knew that figure, but I didn't believe it. I figured it was deflated to get leniency from the NCAA.

Tusks

That's why I said it makes me nervous.  I didn't say "oh well UH will buy him and he won't pick the hogs".  Again, crazy things start happening the closer it gets to signing day.

It seems and I may be wrong, but to me I can't remember as many updates of the UA staff still visiting UA committed recruits.  Not CBB, a HC will always make his visit but it seems like RD is mentioning this assistant or that assistant doing an in home with UA committed prospects this close to signing day like never before.  Maybe it's always been that way and I'm just noticing now.

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on January 26, 2015, 05:23:28 pm
It takes two to execute the transaction.  These suggestions typically imply that a recruit is automatically on the take if a program offers the cash. 

texas tush hog

Quote from: tophawg19 on January 26, 2015, 05:19:32 pm
UH  has the former OSU  O/C now . Herman i believe was his name .

They also just hired Toby's high school coach, Corby Meekins as their tight ends coach.

Positive Pete

So you agree Arkansas does the same thing?

mhuff

Quote from: Positive Pete on January 26, 2015, 06:48:20 pm
So you agree Arkansas does the same thing?

No, I think we have coaches that are willing to work hard at forming relationships with the recruits......

Cave City Joe

Quote from: texas tush hog on January 26, 2015, 05:48:51 pm
They also just hired Toby's high school coach, Corby Meekins as their tight ends coach.

Why do you think we got Malzan
"When you're part of a team, you stand up for your teammates. Your loyalty is to them. You protect them through good and bad, because they'd do the same for you."  <br />Yogi Berra

Huckleberry Pig

Some may not like it but I wish we would do more of it cause I don't think we hold a flame to a good portion of the sec schools in payin players.  Part of the game nowadays.  Gotta deal with reality.

Brer Hog

What part of BeUncommon lends itself to graft? 

ArmyOfnobunaga

Quote from: Huckleberry Pig on January 26, 2015, 07:29:32 pm
Some may not like it but I wish we would do more of it cause I don't think we hold a flame to a good portion of the sec schools in payin players.  Part of the game nowadays.  Gotta deal with reality.

Cold hard truth here
There is nothing either good or bad but thinking makes it so.     -Some guy named Will

Ray Piggers

Agree. If it truly is the case, which it appears obvious, then we are doing ourselves a disservice.

I'm basically Darkwing Duck

HogFanDan

Got a good friend who had relatives play with Phi Slamma Jamma. They had mop-up duty after Houston had huge leads...so they got a lot of playing time.

They told me how they vividly remember going to the team hotel in Fayetteville after beating us and seeing a bunch of boosters in the bar. One of the boosters gave them a $100 bill to go get another pitcher of beer for the table. When they brought the pitcher back they were told to keep the change.

There are lots of ways that it gets done.

DoctorSusscrofa

Quote from: Brer Hog on January 26, 2015, 09:28:20 pm
What part of BeUncommon lends itself to graft?

Just the last two syllables.
Fan of Razorback Football, Baseball, Track, Gymnastics, Softball - M Barton

Choctaw Hog

Quote from: ricepig on January 26, 2015, 05:27:37 pm
$100,000 what Cam got, Cecil got the other $80,000.

I wonder why the IRS didn't come after them for tax evasion? It's not uncommon for a person to go to prison quicker and for longer for tax evasion than they would for many violent crimes.   

greenie

This is human nature.  There's nothing new about it.  There will always be cheaters.

So you want to cheat in hopes of it helping us to win more, and you justify this by claiming that everyone else is doing it.  That sounds like my son when he was 8 or 9.  Character is much harder to keep than lose.

Does it go on?  Sure.  I just want no part of that.  I'd rather fight and scrap for every win.

Steef

Quote from: greenie on January 26, 2015, 09:57:51 pm
This is human nature.  There's nothing new about it.  There will always be cheaters.

So you want to cheat in hopes of it helping us to win more, and you justify this by claiming that everyone else is doing it.  That sounds like my son when he was 8 or 9.  Character is much harder to keep than lose.

Does it go on?  Sure.  I just want no part of that.  I'd rather fight and scrap for every win.

+1

ArmyOfnobunaga

Except your definition of cheating is largely in a grey area. 85 kids and 9 coaches bring in millions and millions and millions of dollars per year. While the 85 usually cannot even afford to have their family's come watch them play. While I agree with you that rules are rules are rules..:: it's obvious other schools help out their money generators. I am on the fence and I am not blind to reality.

Just some things to consider.
There is nothing either good or bad but thinking makes it so.     -Some guy named Will

RAZORHOGG15

Thank god someone said this.  I thought I was going crazy listening to all of these people.  The lack of integrity on this board was getting a little much.  When you know your cheating to win it just doesn't feel the same.
ONE TEAM ONE HEART ONE GOAL

Never make the mistake of confusing kindness for weakness

Tusks

Man, from little acorns grows big oaks.  I had no idea such a comment would go where it did.

I have nothing but respect for Weathersby and am very happy he is considering the hogs and took time to visit what I think of as a special place, Fayetteville and the UA.

The problem is while the program is very special it is surrounded by other programs that will cheat to get players that the UA wants.  Do I think the hogs should cheat, no.  Do I think other programs the hogs compete for players cheat to get them, absofrickenlutely!

I think it would take an uncommon prospect to turn down $10K to play for a school.  I hope that 25 uncommon prospects sign with the hogs.

I do wish it wasn't such an uphill battle as it seems sometimes.  I mean if all rules went away and the UA got walmart involved then no school and I mean no school could out bid the hogs for players.  Kind of wish that threat would get some schools to back off the cheating when recruiting against the hogs.  Kind of like, if you mess with the UA too much, they can break everyones back so maybe let this one go and don't cheat to get that recruit.  A little fantasy and a little reality.

Huckleberry Pig

with how much the players bring in for the university, I don't feel guilty about it.  the NCAA is the one who should have their integrity in question here. 

btw none of what I said was related to Weathersby nor was I trying to imply anything regarding him.  just decided to throw out my two cents.  mods feel free to remove.

FWIW, if I won the lottery I'd sure do my best to get these kids up to the hill assuming I could do so without putting the university at risk.  Just sayin.  Would never consider anything other than a little money but like I said earlier, with how much money they make the university/SEC/NCAA I'd have a hard time feeling bad about it. 

back to Weathersby now...

Huckleberry Pig

If you don't think we cheat already (in terms of cash) you are being naive.  don't think it's a matter of if we do, it's a matter of how much we do it compared to other schools. 

ArmyOfnobunaga

Quote from: Huckleberry Pig on January 26, 2015, 11:00:18 pm
If you don't think we cheat already (in terms of cash) you are being naive.  don't think it's a matter of if we do, it's a matter of how much we do it compared to other schools.

Dude you are trying to teach evolution in a Sunday school class.

Brer Hog

Remember Uncommon?  What is the value of a man's integrity?  What about another man's integrity?  Is it worth an short-lived pay day to sacrifice your dream?, to sacrifice where your gut tells you is where you should be?,  to play for a school that in your heart wouldn't have been your first choice?, a team that wasn't perhaps the best fit for your career and you had a choice?, to know you sold out for a pay day?, to know you were bought?, to know you compromised?

I know for many it's only cheating if you get caught.  Yeah right!  That's not being Uncommon.  Remember, it's important to like the fellow you see in the mirror.  Be uncommon!