Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Recruiting Rankings

Started by hogcard1964, January 26, 2015, 10:07:16 am

Previous topic - Next topic

hogcard1964

Can't find a comprehensive list of where we now rank nationally.  Anyone have access to this off Scout or Rivals?

Thanks...

Pudgepork

Hogs ranking takes longer turning 4* commits into
3*'s and 3*'s into 2*s.   This staff has them committing
so fast that it messes them up

Bubba's Bruisers

If we get Weathersby, we might break top 20. Definitely will with both Weathersby and Hill.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

hogcard1964

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: hogcard1964 on January 26, 2015, 03:28:21 pm
Florida at 102?

I think because they have so few commits.  They'll begin soaring up the charts as commits come in.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

davril98

I'd say we have about the #21 class!

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: davril98 on January 26, 2015, 03:36:40 pm
I'd say we have about the #21 class!

Agree.  It's a fair ranking to this point.

tophawg19

it's very close from 10th to 25 th . the margin is small .
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

hawg1221

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on January 26, 2015, 03:26:48 pm
If we get Weathersby, we might break top 20. Definitely will with both Weathersby and Hill.

Absolutely!! Both Weathersby and Hill are consensus 4 star players.

redeye

Quote from: hogcard1964 on January 26, 2015, 10:07:16 am
Can't find a comprehensive list of where we now rank nationally.  Anyone have access to this off Scout or Rivals?

Thanks...

Maybe I'm missing your point, but the 247composite is the most comprehensive, because it allegedly includes the others.  I say allegedly because 247 has never released the other services is allegedly includes and there's been some signs that they don't use all of the other services we think they do.

And since it wasn't included, here's 247's own rankings, which they don't push much for some reason:

http://247sports.com/Season/2015-Football/TeamRankings

regi

hogcard1964

regi

hogcard1964

Shorttimer

I really don't know the answer to this but when have we ever had 10 4-star recruits in a class?  It looks like we will when all is said and done this year.  It seems like 2-3 4*s is the norm.

TDHawgs

I just looked at last year and Scout had our 2014 class ranked #33, so even though we think #21 isn't so great, it's getting better each year, which is a positive sign of things to come!

DCimport

according to 247 if:

we get Weathersby, Hill, Jackson and with everything else  remaining the same would have 234.18 points. So about 18 on 247.

227.74 With just Weathersby and Jackson with 2 more to give.  Put us at 20 on 247

If you added Allen to this class I'm sure it would be higher.   

COCHISE

Rivals is showing our guys already on campus as having signed their Letters of Intent. Other than Ledbetter, that's not actually the case right? Those that have signed their FAA's will still sign LOI's on signing day correct?

CDBHawg

Average star ranking is 18th, same as aTm. Yet we're 21st, and they're 9th.

Vandyhog4

Quote from: Shorttimer on January 28, 2015, 09:23:16 am
I really don't know the answer to this but when have we ever had 10 4-star recruits in a class?  It looks like we will when all is said and done this year.  It seems like 2-3 4*s is the norm.

2009 class on Rivals was ranked #16.  This was before the signing limit, so there were 31 signees.  Had one 5 star (Darius Winston) and eight 4 stars (Knile Davis, D.D. Jones, Anthony Leon, Ronnie Wingo and others).  Notable 3 stars were Alvin Bailey and Travis Swanson.   

Really like the way this class is looking.   

redeye

Quote from: COCHISE on January 28, 2015, 10:29:05 am
Rivals is showing our guys already on campus as having signed their Letters of Intent. Other than Ledbetter, that's not actually the case right? Those that have signed their FAA's will still sign LOI's on signing day correct?

Ledbetter, Froholdt, Gragg, Storey, Merrick, Rogers, Dean and Josh Allen are the players already on campus.  The rest will sign on NSD, hopefully.

MS_HogFan

Are there more players ranked 4 and 5 star now than say 10 years ago?
SOOIE

Steef

Quote from: MS_HogFan on January 28, 2015, 08:02:13 pm
Are there more players ranked 4 and 5 star now than say 10 years ago?

Directly proportional to the number of offers from Nick each year.

duckman

If When we get Weathersby, we might break top 20. Definitely will with both Weathersby and Hill.

duckman

Quote from: CDBHawg on January 28, 2015, 10:34:51 am

Still trying to figure that one out....

go hogues

Quote from: CDBHawg on January 28, 2015, 10:34:51 am
They have more available fans to buy subscriptions...
Quote from: Leadbelly on September 24, 2019, 09:05:22 pm<br />Dude, our back has been against the wall so long, we are now on the other side of the wall!<br />

hawginbigd1

Quote from: duckman on January 28, 2015, 08:15:16 pm
Still trying to figure that one out....

Most people don't realize that all the 5 stars and mythical top 100 players receive bonus points in the overall rankings, so the 15th rated team could actually have a deeper or better class than the 6th place team.