Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Who's going to visit next weekend......

Started by Tusks, January 25, 2015, 03:41:20 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Huds_HawgTide

"you can get a good look at a t-bone by sticking your head up a bulls ass, but id rather just take the butchers word for it" tom callahan
tommy boy

"Don't leave and be FROM Arkansas, stay and BE Arkansas" --coach jimmy dykes

"Going to mcd's for a salad is like going to a brothel for a hug"

hawginbigd1

IMO if we don't land KJ this recruiting class will drop a letter grade for me, I think he is and always has been #1 on the board. If we land him and 2 or 3 of the remaining prospects or some super duper secret flip stud, it will be one of the best recruiting classes i can recall. Right now with about 3 more of these names thrown in it will be one of the 5 best I can recall. With KJ it will put this right up there with 2009. I think we will be fine if we don't get him, but i think it leaves a black mark on this class if we don't.

hawginbigd1

Quote from: Huds_HawgTide on January 26, 2015, 02:47:32 pm
I still want kylan

I would like to have him to run some Wildhawg with if nothing else.

Redhogs

Quote from: hawginbigd1 on January 26, 2015, 02:52:14 pm
IMO if we don't land KJ this recruiting class will drop a letter grade for me, I think he is and always has been #1 on the board. If we land him and 2 or 3 of the remaining prospects or some super duper secret flip stud, it will be one of the best recruiting classes i can recall. Right now with about 3 more of these names thrown in it will be one of the 5 best I can recall. With KJ it will put this right up there with 2009. I think we will be fine if we don't get him, but i think it leaves a black mark on this class if we don't.
B.S. This class is fine with or without him.
Will I live long enough to see us win again? Will any of us?

ricepig

I'd hold off all comments on this class until NSD.

hawginbigd1

Quote from: Redhogs on January 26, 2015, 03:04:07 pm
B.S. This class is fine with or without him.
Thats your opinion and as you would say I believe it is BS. As I stated this is going to be a great class, but if you don't sign the number 1 in state guy it will leave a black mark IMO!

PorkRinds

Quote from: hawginbigd1 on January 26, 2015, 03:12:58 pm
Thats your opinion and as you would say I believe it is BS. As I stated this is going to be a great class, but if you don't sign the number 1 in state guy it will leave a black mark IMO!

He's not the #1 in the state I don't believe, O'Grady is.

Wildhog

Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

scruf

MissippHog

Did you mean the '08 class?  On paper, as it is right now, you could say this class is just as good as the Adams / Wright / Childs class.  The classes look much different due to the systems that were in place then vs. now.  IMO, this class is better.  KJ would be icing on the cake.   
FWIW, here are our recruiting rankings per year according to 247 composite:
2014 - 29
2013 - 23
2012 - 28
2011 - 21
2010 - 41
2009 - 21
2008 - 27
2007 - 38
2006 - 25
What really sticks out is that in the 2009 class we signed 42!  Only about a handful of those contributed significantly.  In 2011, where we also had a 21 ranking, we signed 34.  We're sitting at 21 right now with 20 commits.  Our average star rating is higher than it's ever been.  This is easily one of the best, if not the best recruiting class we have signed in the modern era of football. 

hawginbigd1

Quote from: MissippHog on January 26, 2015, 03:18:53 pm
Did you mean the '08 class?  On paper, as it is right now, you could say this class is just as good as the Adams / Wright / Childs class.  The classes look much different due to the systems that were in place then vs. now.  IMO, this class is better.  KJ would be icing on the cake.   
FWIW, here are our recruiting rankings per year according to 247 composite:
2014 - 29
2013 - 23
2012 - 28
2011 - 21
2010 - 41
2009 - 21
2008 - 27
2007 - 38
2006 - 25
What really sticks out is that in the 2009 class we signed 42!  Only about a handful of those contributed significantly.  In 2011, where we also had a 21 ranking, we signed 34.  We're sitting at 21 right now with 20 commits.  Our average star rating is higher than it's ever been.  This is easily one of the best, if not the best recruiting class we have signed in the modern era of football.

Yes i meant 08 class, 09 was pretty darned good on paper, and was good but we had too much attrition in the end. I can't remember where the link is or who did it: rivals, scout, or 247, but they went back and re-rated the 08 class and it was like #6 or #8 in the country, i would say it is our best ever top to bottom. If we land KJ I think going in I would say this is on par with that.

Been10Hog

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: hawginbigd1 on January 26, 2015, 03:12:58 pm

Yes, losing Hill would be a disappointment.  Happens every year, though.  We roll on.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

hawg1221

Coach B says, "You don't hire a resume, you hire a person".  Well Coach B uses this same method in recruiting.  You don't recruit the "player profile", you recruit the person. That's why I think the 2014 recruiting was a pretty good class despite being ranked 29th.

ArmyOfnobunaga

There is nothing either good or bad but thinking makes it so.     -Some guy named Will

prattville pig

Life's too short to last long.

PorkRinds

January 26, 2015, 10:25:00 pm #66 Last Edit: January 27, 2015, 09:19:44 am by PorkRinds
Wow.

Uncommon

davispard

Quote from: Uncommon on January 26, 2015, 10:27:27 pm
Another fan decides to light a torch and grab a pitchfork.
I think that "fan" is Will Gragg, if I'm reading that correctly.  And, if it is Gragg, you can sense the bitter disappointment he's feeling...

Uncommon

Quote from: davispard on January 26, 2015, 10:30:31 pm
I think that "fan" is Will Gragg, if I'm reading that correctly.  And, if it is Gragg, you can sense the bitter disappointment he's feeling...
His Twitter handle is actually @W_Gragg7 and Will would never post something like this.

RussVegas Hawg

PorkRinds

It's Will Hines. Gragg posted "my momma told me not to leave the state".

WooPig90

Tusks

Is that really Will Gragg?

Sorry....see my ? was late.

sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

PorkRinds

Quote from: WooPig90 on January 26, 2015, 10:34:09 pm
Wow what a moron

It's a hog player. Seems like even the team is tiring of the crazy act.

WooPig90

Quote from: PorkRinds on January 26, 2015, 10:35:28 pm
It's a hog player. Seems like even the team is tiring of the crazy act.

No it is not a hog player, it is a random fan

redeye

That's not Gragg, unless it's an alternate account and he has an interest in web design.  Gragg's twitter handle is @W_Gragg7.  Gragg did post something interesting, though:

QuoteSpook @W_Gragg7  ·  4h 4 hours ago
My momma told me not to leave the state. 😏

The emoticon is a smirking face, according to the image name.

WooPig90

Uncommon

Quote from: PorkRinds on January 26, 2015, 10:35:46 pm
Hines
Will Hines isn't on the team anymore.  He's probably in Hammond, LA as we speak.

Tusks

I think CBB should take the twitters away from the team until signing day.

WooPig90

Quote from: tusked on January 26, 2015, 10:37:12 pm
I think CBB should take the twitters away from the team until signing day.

Its not a player dude

PorkRinds

PorkRinds

Quote from: Uncommon on January 26, 2015, 10:37:07 pm
Will Hines isn't on the team anymore.  He's probably in Hammond, LA as we speak.

And you are right too, obviously.  I should stop trying to do the twitters.

Tusks

Gregg is a player and even though his tweet isn't as inflammatory, I still think players need to put it down until Wednesday dude.

Quote from: WooPig90 on January 26, 2015, 10:37:43 pm
Its not a player dude

Uncommon

Quote from: PorkRinds on January 26, 2015, 10:39:48 pm
And you are right too, obviously.  I should stop trying to do the twitters.
You just have to double check.  That's all.  I ain't mad.  Just frustrated that our fans may be getting in the way of/making it harder on our coaches doing their job.

davispard

My bad; thought it Gragg's account, but I do remember now that it is Hines'.  I too thought that Will G would never post something like this.  Apoligies...

Uncommon

redeye

Quote from: hawginbigd1 on January 26, 2015, 03:43:41 pm
Yes i meant 08 class, 09 was pretty darned good on paper, and was good but we had too much attrition in the end. I can't remember where the link is or who did it: rivals, scout, or 247, but they went back and re-rated the 08 class and it was like #6 or #8 in the country, i would say it is our best ever top to bottom. If we land KJ I think going in I would say this is on par with that.

I hate this discussion, because everyone has a different opinion on how to rank classes.  Regardless, the '09 class was rated 16th in the country on NSD by Rivals, which was the most popular service at that time.  That's the lowest finish on NSD that Arkansas has ever obtained from any of the major recruiting services and it was generally considered the best class in recent history.

IBleedRazorbackRed

Quote from: tusked on January 26, 2015, 10:41:36 pm
Gregg is a player and even though his tweet isn't as inflammatory, I still think players need to put it down until Wednesday dude.

That isn't gragg's twitter.

Tusks

Spook @W_Gragg7  ·  4h 4 hours ago

Who's is it?

Quote from: IBleedRazorbackRed on January 26, 2015, 10:46:55 pm
That isn't gragg's twitter.

Hellafied

Quote from: tusked on January 26, 2015, 10:51:00 pm

Who's is it?      It's will gragg.  I follow him on twitter. That's him.

duckman

Who's is it?

Looks like Graqg to me....

Pig in the Pokey

You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

Maddhog

Who's is it?

This is Will Gragg.  Will the Thrill is not a player.   
"He hits from both sides of the plate.  He's amphibious."

Maddhog

Will Gragg got lots of positive feedback on his tweet. 
"He hits from both sides of the plate.  He's amphibious."

duckman

Darren DeLoach

#1 It's not that difficult to peruse Twitter or other on-line resources to determine the "source" of a Twitter handle. Before making accusations, please research.

#2 If an actual player decides to call out a potential recruit/friend by means of Twitter, it is a a good thing even if conveyed as negative.

#3 If you can't understand the slang, or clearly see the actual source of a Tweet, don't jump to any asinine conclusions.

#4 Twitter is not the enemy. It is a tool. It can be used rightly or wrongly, but it is up to the reader to determine its legitimacy.
ο λογος υμων παντοτε εν χαριτι αλατι ηρτυμενος ειδεναι πως δει υμας ενι εκαστω αποκρινεσθαι

Tim Harris

Quote from: Darren DeLoach (semohawg) on January 27, 2015, 08:17:12 am
#1 It's not that difficult to peruse Twitter or other on-line resources to determine the "source" of a Twitter handle. Before making accusations, please research.

#2 If an actual player decides to call out a potential recruit/friend by means of Twitter, it is a a good thing even if conveyed as negative.

#3 If you can't understand the slang, or clearly see the actual source of a Tweet, don't jump to any asinine conclusions.

#4 Twitter is not the enemy. It is a tool. It can be used rightly or wrongly, but it is up to the reader to determine its legitimacy.

You are asking a lot of most Hogville posters....

CattleCorn

Quote from: Tim Harris on January 27, 2015, 08:18:03 am
You are asking a lot of most Hogville posters....

I prefer the lash-out-blindly approach.  It works well, except when it doesn't.   :razorback: