Started by RobGob, January 24, 2015, 12:47:19 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

RobGob

Russell Wilson
‏@DangeRussWilson
I don't wanna be like most...

#BeUncommon

LINK: https://twitter.com/DangeRussWilson/status/559023537684348928

Nice to have a back-to-back Super Bowl QB endorsing Bielema's Motto.  Might not mean much, but can't hurt recruiting.  :razorback: :razorback:

Huds_HawgTide

"you can get a good look at a t-bone by sticking your head up a bulls ass, but id rather just take the butchers word for it" tom callahan
tommy boy

"Don't leave and be FROM Arkansas, stay and BE Arkansas" --coach jimmy dykes

"Going to mcd's for a salad is like going to a brothel for a hug"

Tusks

sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

LSPRazorbac

He could be reading Uncommon life as well.

Just saying.

SpringTxHOG

I follow Russell on twitter.  Most positive person I've come across.  Always a good read.

Hoggish1

Means much for a guy about to win his 2nd straight Super Bowl to say that—very inflating!

DOGALUM

Quote from: Hoggish1 on January 24, 2015, 03:12:09 pm
Means much for a guy about to win his 2nd straight Super Bowl to say that!
NP
A man who wouldn't cheat for a poke, don't want one bad enough!

air

Russell is a great player and person. He goes to Seattle Children's Hospital all the time and visits the sick kids to brighten their days.  Go Seahawks and bring home another Super Bowl win.

jgphillips3

He is uncommon.  He's a very talented, very humble, man who lives his faith.  He makes any organization better by being a part of it.

hogville38

Love Wilson it's the rest of the team I hate.

Oliver

Quote from: hogville38 on January 24, 2015, 09:36:00 pm

Yeah.  Get used to it.  Those frankers are about to win another Super Bowl.  As much as I hate it, at least they are taking down the massive cheaters in Tom and Bill. 

Bubba's Bruisers

Would rather Tom and Bill win it than Sherman win it.

I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

3kgthog

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on January 24, 2015, 10:04:13 pm
Would rather Tom and Bill win it than Sherman win it.

You'd take Sherman on your favorite team and you know it.

hvsupastar

Still can't understand why people don't like Sherman unless it's underlying racism. There's really no other explanation.
"Do not believe everything you read on the internet just because it has quotations next to the image of someone prominent" - Abraham Lincoln

Oliver

Quote from: hvsupastar on January 24, 2015, 10:59:37 pm
Still can't understand why people don't like Sherman unless it's underlying racism. There's really no other explanation.

He's a mouthpiece for my team's (49ers) rival team.  It's a natural feeling.  Nothing else. 

That and I'm fully convinced every SEAHAWKS player is on a high diet of "salmon." 

hvsupastar

Quote from: Oliver on January 24, 2015, 11:05:27 pm
He's a mouthpiece for my team's (49ers) rival team.  It's a natural feeling.  Nothing else. 

I apologize. I didn't mean it directly at you, but I'm sure you know what I'm talking about.
"Do not believe everything you read on the internet just because it has quotations next to the image of someone prominent" - Abraham Lincoln

hogcam

Seriously? What about his interviews? The interview last year about Crabtree? His cockiness? He told Skip Bayless he was better at life than him. What does that even mean? Cant stand him. He brings the hate on himself.

Oliver

Quote from: hvsupastar on January 24, 2015, 11:06:25 pm
I apologize. I didn't mean it directly at you, but I'm sure you know what I'm talking about.

Yeah, I thought it pretty awful when most people reacted the way they did to his post game interview.

Oliver

Quote from: hogcam on January 24, 2015, 11:07:37 pm
Seriously? What about his interviews? The interview last year about Crabtree? His cockiness? He told Skip Bayless he was better at life than him. What does that even mean? Cant stand him. He brings the hate on himself.

I think most people can understand if you hate egotistical trash talkers.  Sherman is one.  But he backs it up.  I think he was asking that question in a different manner

hogcam

It's just funny to me he tried to make it about racism.  Especially when everyone is talking about liking Russell Wilson

hvsupastar

So you hate everyone in the NFL who is outspoken and has an ego?

hogcam

Quote from: hvsupastar on January 24, 2015, 11:19:29 pm
So you hate everyone in the NFL who is outspoken and has an ego?
No not at all.  I don't like people who try and trash other people to make themselves look better. I lost all respect for him when he did his interview with Skip Bayless. I don't even like Skip Bayless. But none of that even matters. My point is, how are you going to try and make it about racism when the thread is a good thread about someone of his same race?

hogcam

But I do prefer people that do not have to talk about themselves and instead just Let their game do the talking.. He's a heck of a player

redswarmrising

Quote from: hogcam on January 24, 2015, 11:11:57 pm
It's just funny to me he tried to make it about racism.  Especially when everyone is talking about liking Russell Wilson

anymore whenever someone says they dis-like another person "it must be because their racist!".i get so tired of that

twistitup

BB

An uncommon man with an uncommon plan
How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

TNhawgfan

I will never root for Sherman after his post game interview to Erin last year. Crab may not be a great receiver, but he's still a Niner so I'm for him. Sherman is a loud mouth punk
I'd rather be dead than be a Vol

LSPRazorbac

Quote from: hogville38 on January 24, 2015, 09:36:00 pm

Kevin Williams?

I'm pulling for Seattle so Kevin can get a ring....time is running out for him to win a superbowl.

cardinalandwhite

Quote from: TNhawgfan on January 25, 2015, 08:13:18 am
I will never root for Sherman after his post game interview to Erin last year. Crab may not be a great receiver, but he's still a Niner so I'm for him. Sherman is a loud mouth punk

With a Stanford degree. To be fair on that interview, he was coming off of making the biggest play of his life, so I can forgive an adrenaline high there. He was on cloud nine.
"Wise people think all they say; fools say all they think." - Anonymous

The NewEra

Maybe one of these days you will be able to look past one's skin color.  Most of us on this board see individuals.

SwineGrind

You love Wilson but hate Alvin Bailey? Sherman makes me smile. He can get loud and passionate and never drop and F bomb or utter profanity. The man is self driven and well educated. Plus he was a 3 star. 

air

Just watched the sendoff of the team to airport for their flight down to AZ this morning.  It's going to be a crazy week at work and lots of festive support from us 12s' in Seattle.  GoHawks!!

"Russell Wilson ‏@DangeRussWilson  · 39m39 minutes ago 
I love this city and I love this team & #12s
#GoHawks
Why Not Us!!!?"

junkyardhog

I'm up here in the Seattle area. Another CBS influence is the 1-0 mantra. Russell says that often in interviews with the local news.
Mike Williams
'UA 03

Have had the handle junkyardhog since 2002(WP)

Mark_Freeman

Really? NO other explanation but racism? Come on, man.

hvsupastar

Quote from: Mark_Freeman on January 26, 2015, 10:06:16 am

Really? NO other explanation but racism? Come on, man.

Sherman is no more outspoken than say a Clay Mathews.  Yet people love Clay but hate Sherman.  Explain

rusvegashog

Did y'all know that Richard Sherman went to Stanford? I didn't. I must have missed that self promotion in every interview he's ever done. And because he went to Stanford he must be the smartest player in the entire league because players that don't go to Stanford are dumb. Not to mention(North Carolina etc. etc.) the amount of given grades and preferential treatment given to "student" athletes at all the other Univesities not named Stanford. Black or white Dick Sherman is a [CENSORED] bag.

Cresthog

Hard to dislike the Seahawks at all. I watched Inside the NFL that focused on the NFC championship and the whole team basically said "we're gunna win" the entire game. Even down 16-0 they new they had it in them.

Really like their mentality and the way Carroll coaches those guys.

KlubhouseKonnected

Divorcing his wife right before signing his big extension was also very #uncommon.
If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

PorkRinds

Quote from: rusvegashog on January 26, 2015, 11:18:06 am
Did y'all know that Richard Sherman went to Stanford? I didn't. I must have missed that self promotion in every interview he's ever done. And because he went to Stanford he must be the smartest player in the entire league because players that don't go to Stanford are dumb. Not to mention(North Carolina etc. etc.) the amount of given grades and preferential treatment given to "student" athletes at all the other Univesities not named Stanford. Black or white Dick Sherman is a [CENSORED] bag.

I like Sherman.

onebadrubi

Quote from: TNhawgfan on January 25, 2015, 08:13:18 am

Sherman is an elite competitor, that as soon as the game is over he becomes a fan and a respectable human being, unlike many NFL players.  I really don't think the handshake was out of anything but respect, it was when Crabtree disrespected him that he got pissed.  I have watched Sherman and a top receiver show nothing but respect and love for one another after a game, in which Sherman will often show extreme amounts of respect for in interviews afterwards. 

onebadrubi

Quote from: KlubhouseKonnected on January 26, 2015, 11:32:43 am
Divorcing his wife right before signing his big extension was also very #uncommon.

The rumor mill was she was sleeping around...  #cheatingcommon

Uncommon

Quote from: onebadrubi on January 26, 2015, 12:03:50 pm
The rumor mill was she was sleeping around...  #cheatingcommon
Anytime his wife his mentioned, I immediately think of this:

Got a purty mouth.

PorkRinds

Quote from: KlubhouseKonnected on January 26, 2015, 11:32:43 am

So if you were about to divorce, you'd wait until you got your multi million dollar pay day, just so she could get half of it right?  You're a real good guy.

Hogarusa

He is better at life than Skip Bayless is.  Most people are.  Skip spends his life as a professional troll. 
I'll ride the wave where it takes me

rusvegashog

onebadrubi

Quote from: Uncommon on January 26, 2015, 12:07:47 pm
Anytime his wife his mentioned, I immediately think of this:

Got a purty mouth.

Its so HARD for me not to ruin this thread with you throwing up that softball. 

KlubhouseKonnected

Quote from: PorkRinds on January 26, 2015, 12:07:56 pm
So if you were about to divorce, you'd wait until you got your multi million dollar pay day, just so she could get half of it right?  You're a real good guy.

I'm having a little fun. I think he'll live.
If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

duckman

Quote from: hvsupastar on January 26, 2015, 11:00:02 am
Sherman is no more outspoken than say a Clay Mathews.  Yet people love Clay but hate Sherman.  Explain

Can't stand either one of them, so that shoots that myth.  Love Wilson though...

BTW in the Wilson video, sure does seem to throw the ball all over the field and deep too. 

KJ, you might wanna take a look at that....

onebadrubi

Quote from: duckman on January 26, 2015, 12:15:56 pm
Can't stand either one of them, so that shoots that myth.  Love Wilson though...

BTW in the Wilson video, sure does seem to throw the ball all over the field and deep too. 

KJ, you might wanna take a look at that....

Shhh too many bielema haters might hear you and say all he does is run. 

clew

Quote from: twistitup on January 25, 2015, 06:32:47 am
BB

An uncommon man with an uncommon plan
Better than a common man with a common van and dog with no pedigree
Pure as the dawn

hogcam

Quote from: Hogarusa on January 26, 2015, 12:09:41 pm
He is better at life than Skip Bayless is.  Most people are.  Skip spends his life as a professional troll.
Man you must have this life thing figured out. Saying your better at life than someone is just an idiotic thing to say