Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Question about a top QB transferring into Greenwood possibly? (Pitching prospect)

Started by HogFoo, January 16, 2015, 07:05:59 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HogFoo

I was talking to my eldest brother (who lives in greenwood) earlier and midway thru the conversation he asks me if I heard anything about a top QB prospect transferring into greenwood. I believe he said he is transferring in from Reno Nevada?  I don't know if my brother was pulling my leg or what. He said he was a top QB possible parade all American type.  I had no clue. I've been sick the last few days haven't heard anything really.  I asked him why he was moving to greenwood from reno? he said something about he had family that used to live in the area years ago.  Anyways, just curious if anyone knew anything about it.  I mean , its not like we'd need another qb right now. but, he'd be at least a 2016 or later.  Anyways. just curious
Basketball is back, baseball always, football was a dumpster fire once again..... but as the phoenix rose from the ashes, BMF Petrino has risen again!!! Lots to look forward to.  <br /><br />As the rain falls, I realize, that some where out there, some one, is wearing a mask while they shower............

Tusks

Offer him before Saban does.

I figure Saban is a SECCG loss away from offering fetuses bama scholarships.

sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

HogFoo

Basketball is back, baseball always, football was a dumpster fire once again..... but as the phoenix rose from the ashes, BMF Petrino has risen again!!! Lots to look forward to.  <br /><br />As the rain falls, I realize, that some where out there, some one, is wearing a mask while they shower............

hawgwash

Quote from: HogFoo on January 16, 2015, 07:05:59 pm
I was talking to my eldest brother (who lives in greenwood) earlier and midway thru the conversation he asks me if I heard anything about a top QB prospect transferring into greenwood. I believe he said he is transferring in from Reno Nevada?  I don't know if my brother was pulling my leg or what. He said he was a top QB possible parade all American type.  I had no clue. I've been sick the last few days haven't heard anything really.  I asked him why he was moving to greenwood from reno? he said something about he had family that used to live in the area years ago.  Anyways, just curious if anyone knew anything about it.  I mean , its not like we'd need another qb right now. but, he'd be at least a 2016 or later.  Anyways. just curious
Based on the date of the article I think he's currently in the 9th grade, so I guess class of 2018.

HogFoo

Just text my brother again with that link. He said that's the kid.  He said that that kid is already transferred in and will be the starter next season. I said well the kid is only gonna be in 9th grade. He said coach jones has been working him really good already. So I guess that is some good news.  We have another possible top tier QB in the river valley over the next few years. 

I told my brother I hope he's a hog fan. He said that coach B has already made his acquaintance.  I don't know much about how that works with a kid that age.  but my bro is pretty linked up in greenwood. Anyways. passing some good news. =-)  :razorback:

The Deuce™

I'm very very close to the situation. The kid is great at throwing a football and baseball. More importantly he seems to have a very good head on his shoulders. As to already being the stater; that isn't correct info, but there will definitely be a quarterback battle imo.

tee1up2par

Deuce, there will not be a "battle" until Luke either graduates or is injured. Curtis will see to that. Mark it down.
If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball and saving an infant's life, she will choose to save the infant's life without even considering if there are men on base.  ~Dave Barry

HogFoo

Quote from: The Deuce™ on January 16, 2015, 09:30:45 pm
I'm very very close to the situation. The kid is great at throwing a football and baseball. More importantly he seems to have a very good head on his shoulders. As to already being the stater; that isn't correct info, but there will definitely be a quarterback battle imo.
I don't know anything about it. just passing on info.  I'm sure the ''will be starter'' info was tongue and cheek.  but, none the less sounds promising to have a kid with this much potential move into the region. 

HogPound

The Deuce™

Quote from: tee1up2par on January 16, 2015, 10:19:41 pm
Deuce, there will not be a "battle" until Luke either graduates or is injured. Curtis will see to that. Mark it down.
I am not sure. I know they are really really high on this kid. 2 really good quarterbacks in the system. Politics do run a lot in Greenwood athletics but I'm not so sure about this case. I do think this will make Luke work harder, which is good. Competition makes or breaks.

The Deuce™

Quote from: HogPound on January 16, 2015, 10:40:24 pm
Why would someone move from Nevada to greenwood?
He's originally from Greenwood. Moved back to live with his grandpa I believe.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: The Deuce™ on January 16, 2015, 11:21:28 pm
we'll, darn, i bet gpa already loves dem Hogs.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

HogPhilosophy

The Deuce™

Quote from: HogPhilosophy on January 17, 2015, 01:26:24 am
Who will be battling it out for QB next year?

Luke Hales (Junior)- I presume him to win the starting job. Coach Jones has never started a Sophomore that I am aware of. He has a very strong arm.
Connor Noland (Sophomore)- great arm, great head, works hard. Gives them more of a mobile look

ravmsem

Here's a little highlight video from 2012, he definitely doesn't look like a sixth grader out there...my goodness!

http://youtu.be/qgPUq1OcK64

woodrow hog call

It was my understanding that he started for his high school team this past season, as a 9th grader, if true he has a year under his belt, and will be a soph.
"I hate rude behavior in a man, I won't tolerate it"

HogFoo

Quote from: woodrow hog call on January 17, 2015, 11:39:41 am
It was my understanding that he started for his high school team this past season, as a 9th grader, if true he has a year under his belt, and will be a soph.
yes. I was thinking the same. if the kid has as much talent as ive supposedly heard in the last day or two. He will be the starter.  He also looks babyface so id say he still has a growth spurt left as well.  look forward to seeing how good this kid can be.  Just wish we'd have a few LB's move back into the region!  haha.

RazorPiggie

How about we talk about the kid when he's a JR or SR? Kid is still in 9th grade.

Sueie

Quote from: The Deuce™ on January 16, 2015, 11:21:28 pm
Does the AAA know that? Or does that rule only apply to Union Christian? Don't parents have to get a legal order moving him back to Grandpa?  As long as he is a hog fan though move him back. Lol

WorfHog

Quote from: Sueie on January 17, 2015, 01:51:08 pm
Does the AAA know that? Or does that rule only apply to Union Christian? Don't parents have to get a legal order moving him back to Grandpa?  As long as he is a hog fan though move him back. Lol

I say even if he's not a hog fan it'll be good for everyone if he's talented, "a rising tide lifts all boats" right?

RazorCraft

This is a show-me world and I'm sick of talking!
CBP

fullfan

Quote from: The Deuce™ on January 17, 2015, 08:49:37 am
Luke Hales (Junior)- I presume him to win the starting job. Coach Jones has never started a Sophomore that I am aware of. He has a very strong arm.
Not sure if it's the one you mentioned but I believe one of the heir apparent QBs got sideways with the coach over some Yik-Yak comments.  New kid may have a shot if he's all that.

Tyler Rose

Look's like GW may be ready for a run at LR If they can get someone to catch it

yraciv

I don't know anything about Luke Hales, but that tells me a lot since I grew up in the River Valley and am usually on top of kids coming out of there.  Not saying he isn't good, but I have a feeling if 247 wrote an article about a kid in 8th grade he is maybe on a different level.  Granted if Hales has grown up in the Greenwood school system, than obviously a large portion of the fan base will be impartial to him getting the job.

Gohogs18

Connor Noland, has a gifted arm and has put in the work to develop superior mechanics for his age. Now that he is under the  tutelage of  Coach Rick Jones it will be a sight to see this Fall on Friday nights in Western Arkansas (if you like offence and scoring).

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: gdawg on January 16, 2015, 07:22:40 pm
Here is an article from 247 sports.

http://247sports.com/Article/2018-QB-Connor-Noland-is-already-on-the-recruiting-radar-156950

If this kid is THAt good of a QB someone needs to tell him to drop pitching and move to another spot on the diamond...
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: RazorCraft on January 18, 2015, 08:18:21 am
U ever been to Reno??? Dump!!!
No, but I grew up in Pine Bluff... At least you can get a hooker with teeth in Reno...
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

cmiller01

Hill is not a need, more like icing on the cake at this point.

We need another LB or DT more than we need Hill.

WooPig90

Quote from: cmiller01 on January 26, 2015, 12:02:31 pm

Lol ok.

bigdaddyhawg

Let us then turn this government back into the channel in which the framers of the Constitution originally placed it.  Abraham Lincoln, 1858

PorkRinds

Wrong thread?

HogMantheIntruder

Quote from: ravmsem on January 17, 2015, 08:55:04 am
Here's a little highlight video from 2012, he definitely doesn't look like a sixth grader out there...my goodness!

http://youtu.be/qgPUq1OcK64
Not so sure about this guy.  I think a couple of those passes could have been picked off by an SEC caliber defensive back.

"When life hands you lemons, just shut up and eat the damn lemons."
   -Harry Solomon

PorkRinds

Quote from: Poppa Tart on January 26, 2015, 01:02:27 pm
Not so sure about this guy.  I think a couple of those passes could have been picked off by an SEC caliber defensive back.

Lol.  I'm sure an SEC defensive back could pick off most 6th graders...

HogMantheIntruder

Quote from: PorkRinds on January 26, 2015, 01:06:28 pm
Lol.  I'm sure an SEC defensive back could pick off most 6th graders...
I was joking, as I'm sure you could tell.  I really kinda wanted to see if one of our elite HV intellectuals would go off on me for that so that I could lol  ;D
"When life hands you lemons, just shut up and eat the damn lemons."
   -Harry Solomon

Hogberry Snortcake

That Mike Anderson just won't get it done at Arkansas. 

ChiTown27

Small world. Frank is this kid's dad. He's a Greenwood guy who moved off to Tampa, then Reno for business. Good man. I used to work for him in my high school days (mid-'90s.) I have never met his son, but I have no doubt that he has raised a class act winner. If any of you know Frank, you know that he's kinda a successful guy, and that work ethic tends to translate well with the offspring! There is nothing shady going on with this situation, so just put that to rest now. They have deep roots in GW.
"A government that robs Peter to pay Paul
can always depend on the support of Paul."

George Bernard Shaw

HogFoo

Quote from: ChiTown27 on January 26, 2015, 11:41:55 pm
Small world. Frank is this kid's dad. He's a Greenwood guy who moved off to Tampa, then Reno for business. Good man. I used to work for him in my high school days (mid-'90s.) I have never met his son, but I have no doubt that he has raised a class act winner. If any of you know Frank, you know that he's kinda a successful guy, and that work ethic tends to translate well with the offspring! There is nothing shady going on with this situation, so just put that to rest now. They have deep roots in GW.
The kids grandmother works with my older brother in the baldor offices over in fort smith. from what ive heard he's a good kid and is just gonna get better. I look forward to seeing how good this kid might get.

RedRock

Quote from: tusked on January 16, 2015, 07:35:36 pm
Offer him before Saban does.

I figure Saban is a SECCG loss away from offering fetuses bama scholarships.

If the kid is in the 8th grade, I am hoping Saban is retired

yraciv

Quote from: RedRock on January 27, 2015, 08:50:10 am
If the kid is in the 8th grade, I am hoping Saban is retired

He is in 9th grade. Will be a SO in high school next season.

baseballhog

Some of you are missing the point that was being made in the original post.  It's more about having top flight talent close to the UofA and the possibility of him falling in love with the Hogs over the next 4 years.  Not who is staring for the Greenwood Jr. High team next season.

Go Hogs!!

Oh what the heck, Go Bulldogs!