Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Louisiana prep defensive back Jerry Mitchell commits to Arkansas

Started by tendu, September 09, 2008, 10:18:55 am

Previous topic - Next topic

tendu

Hogbody

Wow another corner ?
Coaches must like him.  Wonder when he'll get some stars.

Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson

well since I don't pay for any recruiting sites not gonna be able to read that one.
Let's make some waves.

Hogginitall

Quote from: Hogbody on September 09, 2008, 10:21:17 am
Wow another corner ?

Looks like he might be a safety prospect, if he puts on a little more weight

DoggtownHog

He is the kid, I believe, that came up during the last hurricane evac and just took a tape to our coaches. They pretty much offered right away. He is from a school whose coach doesn't believe in promoting his players. His dad made the tape and started getting it out.
Same situation happened with my buddy in high school. We went to NLR and our coach,frickin Narkinski the D-bag, did no work to promote any players. He and his dad made their own game film and sent it out. He then got scholarship offers to Air Force and SW Missouri St(Mo St now). Both excellent schools. For academics that is.
How stupid a man is depends on where he's standing.

RazorNineOneOne

Quote from: Razorback56 on September 09, 2008, 10:30:04 am
this is the hurricance gustav kid right?  visited while evacuating?
Yeah, thats him.  There's an article about it on his rivals profile.

J.A.Y.

There are Three things in life that matter... GOD, Family and the Arkansas Razorbacks.

The rest you can deal with if you have any time left over.

J.A.Y.

There are Three things in life that matter... GOD, Family and the Arkansas Razorbacks.

The rest you can deal with if you have any time left over.

Tomhog™

Thing I like about him is his size.  6'2" is very good height and he's not a skinny kid.  He's right near 200 lbs.  If they can get another 10 pounds on him and keep his 4.5 speed, he could be one hard hitter in the backfield.

Hawgballz

Quote from: Hogbody on September 09, 2008, 10:21:17 am
Wow another corner ?

He will be a Safety or if he adds 30 lbs you could see him at OLB.
Players Win Games And Winning Brings Players!

Hogginitall

WyomingTiger8888

Congrats,still has his Sr. year to gain weight,good pick-up.

jackflash

second prospect from LA, this is what I like. Think it can be a great state for Arkansas.

booogaga

GO HOGS!

thechamp

interesting that he got his offer while evacuating in arkansas during gustav. i've never heard of him before today and it looks like yall are the first school to offer him. it will be intriguing to see if he does indeed end up @ safety.

HamShank

Quote from: DoggtownHog on September 09, 2008, 10:31:21 am
He is the kid, I believe, that came up during the last hurricane evac and just took a tape to our coaches. They pretty much offered right away. He is from a school whose coach doesn't believe in promoting his players. His dad made the tape and started getting it out.
Same situation happened with my buddy in high school. We went to NLR and our coach,frickin Narkinski the D-bag, did no work to promote any players. He and his dad made their own game film and sent it out. He then got scholarship offers to Air Force and SW Missouri St(Mo St now). Both excellent schools. For academics that is.

Do we think his star-rating will go up?

tbhogfan

First of all, great pickup, and welcome to the Hogs, Jerry.

Second, as of now we have 14 commits, only 4 of whom are from Arkansas (and zero 2-stars).   In a relatively down year for Arkansas HS talent, this staff is doing a great job of making inroads to TX and LA.
Go Hogs!

hog_fan

bigt05

Once Rivals/scout actually get film on him, that coupled with being an ark commit should bump him to at least a 5.5 3*

California Hog

I think he will either be CB or safety. As we have seen so far this year, we need help at both.

peakhog

Quote from: Razorback56 on September 09, 2008, 11:20:34 am
it's interesting that they watched that video and practically offered right there.  he must have had a nice video

Those HD videos sure great. Maybe we can get better picture quality from Raycom for the Bama game.
Welcome aboard Jerry!  :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:

lovetailgatin

Isn't it nice to see a staff on some of these kids that are hidden. He is getting looks from Fla St and some other BCS schools but to have him land in our back yard before anyone knows about him is well...... it was meant to be. Thanks Gustav as you helped in this one.

RazorAg

Quote from: DoggtownHog on September 09, 2008, 10:31:21 am

His Dad sent out the tape well before their visit.  Jerry's held an offer from us for about 6 weeks.  The offer did indeed come quickly after the coaches saw the tape, according to the Mitchell's.

Jerry plays CB, and there's been no info out there yet to suggest that he would play another position.

pbbad

Sounds to me like the coaches must know that Gabe Lynn isn't coming. That's why they went after him.

Tomhog™

Quote from: pbbad on September 09, 2008, 01:33:30 pm
Sounds to me like the coaches must know that Gabe Lynn isn't coming. That's why they went after him.

He's been offered for many weeks now.  It just wasn't made public until recently.  They will take 4-5 DBs in this class.  We only have 3 so far.

Amityvillehogger

You know what they say about assuming right?
Member # 2987.
Registered - 02-23-2005

Beaverfever

Alot of people consider Gabe a safety prospect.

RazorBassin

The_Iceman

Senior year in high school plus a redshirt year, he could be a nice size outside linebacker.

6'2" 220lbs with 4.6 speed would be very nice at LB.

k.c.hawg

Friday during the aftermath of the DW presser Dudley Dawson indicated he thought he would be the next commit and said they were anticipating him playing the (wlb or hybrid) linebacker position being big enough to be good in run support with good enough coverage skills to handle TE's, Rb's and some slot rec's.  I think they are looking at this guy being 215 lbs. With so many teams running the spread olb's are more and more becoming safety size.
Just sitting on the deck with a cold beer and a hot tequila watching the razorbacks roam.

forrest city joe

Quote from: tbhogfan on September 09, 2008, 11:18:32 am
First of all, great pickup, and welcome to the Hogs, Jerry.

Second, as of now we have 14 commits, only 4 of whom are from Arkansas (and zero 2-stars).   In a relatively down year for Arkansas HS talent, this staff is doing a great job of making inroads to TX and LA.
Right on the money.just got home from work and heard the news. this staff is doing a good job in two states we have to recruite well in.Texas and Louisiana. this is what i have wanted since we joined the Sec.this secondary is going to be outstanding.

Hogjawls

Kobe said DW was texting G.Lynn the other night, and David Gordon thinks he stand a good chance.
Both DW and DG are working on Lynn.

forrest city joe

Quote from: Hogjawls on September 09, 2008, 06:02:20 pm
Kobe said DW was texting G.Lynn the other night, and David Gordon thinks he stand a good chance.
If we somehow get Lynn. it would be unreal. and it would be the best secondary class in school history.it feels so good to have these many good players on defense giving us a look. this staff can flatout recruite.

Lakeland Hog

moley_russells_wart_hog

this guy isnt a diamond in the rough , hes polished and we stole him from la

idochog

I love Jesus!

idochog

Quote from: Hogjawls on September 09, 2008, 06:02:20 pm

Man I love having these 4* and 5* guys helping recruit other studs!
I love Jesus!

Razorod

from what little we can tell, he appears to be a keeper. great work petrino and welcome to the hogs mr. mitchell.
Hoping the Hogs basketball fortunes change for the better this season.

Vandimar

I love to see our commits recruiting other highly regarded players at their own position.That's a lot of either confidence or unselfishness. Or some other positive quality I can't think of at the moment.

Also, welcome Jerry Mitchell. Looking forward to it.
I'm not in this movie, I'm not in this song.

DeuceHawg

Thanks for the video.  It isn't great quality, but he seems pretty solid.

gohogsgo006

Quote from: DeuceHawg on September 10, 2008, 10:45:27 am
Thanks for the video.  It isn't great quality, but he seems pretty solid.

LSU fans say he is not good. But then again, if a lesser program came into Arkansas and took a decent player from our state, we'd probably say the same thing.

I think he will be an asset to us in the future
Hogville- Where realism somehow equals pessimism

LJHOG

Can you imagine Winston, Mitchell, Gordon & Lynn in one class.  I mean seriously that has to potentially be the defensive backfield equivelant of McFadden, Jones and Hillis.

PorkSoda

Quote from: gohogsgo006 on September 10, 2008, 10:56:08 am
LSU fans say he is not good. But then again, if a lesser program came into Arkansas and took a decent player from our state, we'd probably say the same thing.

I think he will be an asset to us in the future
Evidently Petrino thought he was good enough to offer.  He may not start from day one, but he good measurables and should provide some solid depth. 
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

Dragon I

Most of the LSU fans haven't even heard of him.  He might be a huge steal for Arkansas, but we won't know for a couple of years.  I think most LSU fans are just looking at the fact that none of the Sun Belt Louisiana schools, La Tech, or Tulane have offered yet.   

PS  Has anyone heard from Tammany Tom since Gustav came through down there?   Kinda worried about the guy.  He might could shed some light on the situation.
Fear the Hat!

WyomingTiger8888

Talked to TT a couple of times,him and the family are fine
Quote from: Dragon I on September 10, 2008, 09:33:51 pm
Most of the LSU fans haven't even heard of him.  He might be a huge steal for Arkansas, but we won't know for a couple of years.  I think most LSU fans are just looking at the fact that none of the Sun Belt Louisiana schools, La Tech, or Tulane have offered yet.   

PS  Has anyone heard from Tammany Tom since Gustav came through down there?   Kinda worried about the guy.  He might could shed some light on the situation.

The Boar War

Quote from: Dragon I on September 10, 2008, 09:33:51 pm

PS  Has anyone heard from Tammany Tom since Gustav came through down there?   Kinda worried about the guy.  He might could shed some light on the situation.

Do you know anything about Mandeville's team?

thechamp

the only thing i know about mandeville is that michael mauti was there last year. he signed w/ penn state last year as a linebacker...this is why i was surprised about the issue with his coach not giving his players much press, as it certainly did not affect mauti last year.