Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

SLOBBERIN' HOG

Started by HogFaninMemphis, November 15, 2017, 01:13:59 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HogFaninMemphis

They practically have their pitch forks out about this over on MMQB. We need to bring this back! I understand logistically it probably can't happen until next year, but let's make it happen!
Is there legitimately something we can do to make this happen? I'm assuming we're going to be hiring someone from outside Arkansas, so what needs to be done to convince the new AD that he should care about this?
I can't think of another program that has a basketball-only logo, and I completely understand why Jeff Long killed it, but there clearly is a great love for it among the fan base.
Go Hogs, Go Cardinals, and Go Grizzlies!

jnhogs

The_Iceman

I think the way the court is now looks really sharp. I like the logo uniformity.

The Hogfather

Quote from: The_Iceman on November 15, 2017, 01:36:45 pm
I think the way the court is now looks really sharp. I like the logo uniformity.

BOOOO!  Boo this man!

HogFaninMemphis

HOW DARE YOU DISAGREE WITH THE ANGRY MOB!!!
I do respect your opinion; however, I disagree with the uniformity in this case.

311Hog

The_Iceman

I don't understand why people are against it:

The_Iceman

Not saying this is bad though, just think the new one is fine:

Letsroll1200

Deep Shoat

I just find it funny that a Google search for Slobberin' Hog pics has Hillary on the cover of Bazaar as it's fifth option...
All Gas, No Brakes!

NWAHog479

Somebody take out an ad and lets get this in the Democrat Gazette

The_Iceman

Quote from: Deep Shoat on November 15, 2017, 03:40:34 pm
I just find it funny that a Google search for Slobberin' Hog pics has Hillary on the cover of Bazaar as it's fifth option...

Appropriate.

Birminghog

Quote from: Deep Shoat on November 15, 2017, 03:40:34 pm

Thanks, Steve.

Birminghog

GoHogzzGo

Success isn't permanent and failure isn't fatal.

Tony Perkis

No need to bring it back to the court. Put it on the scoreboard or something to shut people up.

HogFaninMemphis

Quote from: The_Iceman on November 15, 2017, 03:21:33 pm
I don't understand why people are against it:

It's a sleek look that they have going on that court, but I think there is a place for nostalgia and tradition within that. Also, you know they're going to do another court re-design in the next 5 years, since our court is just a product of its time and that lettering on the court and scoreboard will go as quickly as it came.

HogPhilosophy

I'm just curious what an updated version of slobberin hog would look like

NoogaHog

Quote from: HogPhilosophy on November 16, 2017, 08:46:08 am

First, I would probably make it bigger. When Dillard was shooting from the pig nose, look how far back that was compared to Dusty doing it last year. I would make the slobberin' hog from almost 3pt line to 3 pt line. It would look so muck better on TV.

While I was at it, I would put the hog in the A back on the uniforms 1-2 times a year. Maybe for home games against UK or Mizzou or the Big 12 challenge game.

(Slobberin' Hog is still my favorite, if you cant tell from my Avitar)
Слава Богу - Slava Bogu - "Glory to God"

Tony Perkis

My favorite is the Hog leaning on the A. Also, I was just randomly scrolling through a sports logo website and ran across this logo from Adrian College (whoever they are)...blasphemy!

TrueBlue

Slobberin' Hog looks like an Ozark Hillbilly cartoonist drew it.

Uniformity in branding is the name of the game.

Also continued death to Popcorn Hog, Dog Bone Hog, and hopefully in due time, Klingon Hog.

AND for the love of everything sacred, have the new AD expel any students and ban any fans that can't perform the Hog Call correctly. The howling hog call has to stop!

popcornhog

Quote from: HogFaninMemphis on November 15, 2017, 01:13:59 pm
They practically have their pitch forks out about this over on MMQB. We need to bring this back! I understand logistically it probably can't happen until next year, but let's make it happen!
Is there legitimately something we can do to make this happen? I'm assuming we're going to be hiring someone from outside Arkansas, so what needs to be done to convince the new AD that he should care about this?
I can't think of another program that has a basketball-only logo, and I completely understand why Jeff Long killed it, but there clearly is a great love for it among the fan base.

If we could have only one of the following, which would you chose?

-Slobberin Hog

-Coca-Cola
WPS

HogFaninMemphis

Quote from: popcornhog on November 16, 2017, 03:42:34 pm

-Slobberin Hog

-Coca-Cola
You're making me choose? This is Hogville! I'd probably go Slobberin' Hog, if for no other reason than the fact that I don't generally pay for the overpriced drinks anyway. Thankfully, the U of A doesn't have to choose.

theFlyingHog

I wish the whole floor had that older yellowed look. Like it's been there 80 years

Hou-Hog

Quote from: Tony Perkis on November 16, 2017, 02:44:38 pm
My favorite is the Hog leaning on the A. Also, I was just randomly scrolling through a sports logo website and ran across this logo from Adrian College (whoever they are)...blasphemy!

that was the worst

HawgnCorona

Quote from: popcornhog on November 16, 2017, 03:42:34 pm

-Slobberin Hog

-Coca-Cola

Slobberin Hog...That is a softball question. Try something more difficult next time, eh?

Coke? Dont need no stinkin Coke.

But if  I had to choose btwn A Slobberin  and Popcorn Hog? I might cause one to think about committing soooiecide!!
Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all your getting, get understanding." --   Proverbs 4:7

"Live justly, love mercy and to walk humbly with the Most High."-- Micah 6:8

Smithian

I like having a single logo instead of a bunch of sport specific logos. Sell throwback merchandise with the old Hog, keep same logo on the court.

Not one person has ever missed a Razorback game or cheered any less because they switched logos.

Nolan's Boots

This gets talked about every year. I wish they would but unfortunately the slobbering hog ain't walking through that door.  I love that Logo.
Pigs Gon Fly Today Brotha

rusvegashog

Here's a question I've had and wondered about for a long long time and I've never seen it brought up. I think I know the answer, but maybe someone could feel me in. Why is "Hog Wild" by Hank Jr. not a more prevalent song like a theme song for us? Of course I'm a Hank fan, but to me those dollars just make sense. Is it because Hanks a Bama man? That's always been my thinking. Appreciate it.

PORKULATOR

Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

HogFaninMemphis

CaseyVick

Quote from: TrueBlue on November 16, 2017, 02:50:42 pm
Slobberin' Hog looks like an Ozark Hillbilly cartoonist drew it.

Uniformity in branding is the name of the game.

Also continued death to Popcorn Hog, Dog Bone Hog, and hopefully in due time, Klingon Hog.

AND for the love of everything sacred, have the new AD expel any students and ban any fans that can't perform the Hog Call correctly. The howling hog call has to stop!

That would be great, except we aren't uniformed. We use that stupid front facing hog all over the place as well as the standard logo.

factchecker

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

factchecker

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

Pecos Hog

Quote from: HogPhilosophy on November 16, 2017, 08:46:08 am
Whatever is done it has to be EXACTLY like it was in Barnhill.   No "update" allowed.

old_school_hawg

"I tried being reasonable. I didn't like it."-Clint Eastwood

"Life is hard. It's harder if you're stupid." -John Wayne

old_school_hawg

BOOOOO!!!!!

Just doing what I'm told, man.
"I tried being reasonable. I didn't like it."-Clint Eastwood

"Life is hard. It's harder if you're stupid." -John Wayne

STLhawg

Quote from: NoogaHog on November 16, 2017, 09:04:24 am
When Dillard was shooting from the pig nose, look how far back that was compared to Dusty doing it last year.
No doubt.  The snout on the old hog is about where the tusks are on the current hog.

WorfHog

Quote from: factchecker on November 17, 2017, 05:48:45 pm

This sooner rather than later. Nolan ain't getting any younger and the guy goes to EVERY home game. Better fan even after all the BS than most.

iCalledThatHogBrotha!

Would definitely love to see slobberin hog make a comeback!!!

KlubhouseKonnected

Quote from: WorfHog on November 17, 2017, 09:59:36 pm
This sooner rather than later. Nolan ain't getting any younger and the guy goes to EVERY home game. Better fan even after all the BS than most.

Nolan is the man.

The Don.

The Hogfather.
If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

HogFan1973

Quote from: Pecos Hog on November 17, 2017, 06:51:12 pm
Whatever is done it has to be EXACTLY like it was in Barnhill.   No "update" allowed.

Agreed.  I like the logo hog on the floor now on other things, but love the slobbering hog on the basketball court far better.

Tusker4life

As I sit here watching the Hogs beat Tennessee, I do think the slobbering hog should be the basketball logo and the hog there now is really the football logo. Slobbering hog is the one thing that brings the spirit of Barnhill and Nolan's legacy into the future. Both are things we should never forget. These kids coming in need to know the legacy of Arkansas basketball. It's a matter of pride.

Quote from: HogFan1973 on November 18, 2017, 09:21:42 am
Agreed.  I like the logo hog on the floor now on other things, but love the slobbering hog on the basketball court far better.
Cheering for Alabama because they are in the SEC is like cheering for the Devil because he is in the Bible...