Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Maybe the other coaches know you are a cheating scumbag......

Started by Bogghawg, March 07, 2018, 08:25:23 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Bogghawg

Never Attempt To Teach a Pig To Sing; It Wastes Your Time and Annoys the Pig

hogsanity

I've watched them play and, allegations aside, I see them as a good team, and they play well as a team, but they really have no one that stands out as best at their position in the league.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Kevin

all the coaches know who the cheaters are. they just don't have the testicles to name them & turn them in.
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

FineAsSwine

Playing the "no respect card" fuels the "us against the world" narrative. Everybody hates us. They're all out to get us. FBI is biased. Yada, yada, yada.
Hogs up! Covid down!

Mike Irwin

Most coaches adopt a "you take care of your team and I'll take care of mine" mentality but make no mistake about it, the SEC coaches sent a clear message to the conference office with this vote. Bruce Pearl is dirty and we don't like it so do something about it.

None of them is going to turn him in but the fact that he cheats is the elephant in the room. It's obvious.

steveaustin69

Quote from: Mike Irwin on March 07, 2018, 09:38:40 am
Most coaches adopt a "you take care of your team and I'll take care of mine" mentality but make no mistake about it, the SEC coaches sent a clear message to the conference office with this vote. Bruce Pearl is dirty and we don't like it so do something about it.

None of them is going to turn him in but the fact that he cheats is the elephant in the room. It's obvious.

?

Bacon_Bitz

Mike is there the same feeling for Howland?

hog of steele

Quote from: steveaustin69 on March 07, 2018, 09:40:50 am
?

This isn't speculation. He had a three year show-cause which kept him from coaching. He has been caught and punished for cheating. He is a cheater.

steveaustin69

Quote from: hog of steele on March 07, 2018, 09:46:45 am
This isn't speculation. He had a three year show-cause which kept him from coaching. He has been caught and punished for cheating. He is a cheater.

Paying recruits =/= having a recruit at a barbecue. He got in a lot of trouble because he lied to the NCAA; they themselves said the infractions were minor. Not saying he's a good person or there's not smoke around Auburn, but it's not a fact Pearl is currently cheating at Auburn and paying players. No connection as of now between Person and Pearl.

Captain Morgan

He cheats just like Petrino. He likes the ladies. Except Pearl doesn't have an awkward personality like Petrino and Kiffin

hog of steele

Quote from: steveaustin69 on March 07, 2018, 09:51:32 am
Paying recruits =/= having a recruit at a barbecue. He got in a lot of trouble because he lied to the NCAA; they themselves said the infractions were minor. Not saying he's a good person or there's not smoke around Auburn, but it's not a fact Pearl is currently cheating at Auburn and paying players. No connection as of now between Person and Pearl.

What we can prove is that pearl will cheat and lie about it and get himself booted from the game. He is a cheater. That is his character. Whether or not he is cheating right this second doesn't change the fact that he is a cheater.

31to6

Quote from: Bogghawg on March 07, 2018, 08:25:23 am
https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/auburn-football/bruce-pearl-questions-coaches-dont-vote-single-auburn-player-sec-first-team/
Auburn is dirty as hell and always has been. Heck they even brag about it. (See Charles Barkley's famous quote.)

What would be surprising is if they had a clean coach.

Over/under on a guy who refused to cheat lasting there is about 2 years, I suspect.

hogsanity

So they didn't vote any Auburn players 1st team because they all think Pearl is dirty? Couldn't be because they just thought the other players were better? I guess they don't think Calipari is a cheater since they voted one of his players co-froty and on the 1st team all sec.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

k.c.hawg

Over the weekend, one long-running college basketball feud came to a quiet and friendly conclusion: Jimmy Collins, a former Illinois assistant, finally received an apology from Bruce Pearl, the disgraced former Tennessee coach. As an Iowa assistant in 1989, Pearl had accused Collins of offering money and a Chevy Blazer to a prized recruit. On Friday, according to ESPNChicago.com, Pearl approached Collins in New Orleans, apologized, and explained that "he was young and didn't understand things." Daniel Libit recently revisited the saga for us, unearthing some little-seen documents to tell the story of Pearl's first con. Originally published March 22, 2011.

What he means is I was young and didn't realize I was going to become a cheater too, now we are fraternity brothers so I apologize for snitching on you
Just sitting on the deck with a cold beer and a hot tequila watching the razorbacks roam.

riccoar

I doubt it was because of his past.  Auburn just didn't have a standout guy in a loaded league.  If the others were sending that message, Cal would never have a first team selection.

FineAsSwine

Quote from: riccoar on March 07, 2018, 10:53:20 am
I doubt it was because of his past.  Auburn just didn't have a standout guy in a loaded league.  If the others were sending that message, Cal would never have a first team selection.
Hogs up! Covid down!

AlmaHog2011

Wow are you serious?

AlmaHog2011

Quote from: hogsanity on March 07, 2018, 10:25:41 am
So they didn't vote any Auburn players 1st team because they all think Pearl is dirty? Couldn't be because they just thought the other players were better? I guess they don't think Calipari is a cheater since they voted one of his players co-froty and on the 1st team all sec.

Both are dirty. Calipari is the dirtiest of the dirty he just is smarter about it. And Kentucky is a blue blood. Look at what didn't happen to North Carolina.

hawganatic

So the narrative, according to you guys, is Auburn really does have All-SEC players, but the other coaches wanted to send a message about his supposed cheating?  It couldn't be that he is just a good enough coach to win the SEC and rank #16 in the country without optimal talent, could it?

Or could this outrage be over the fact that he's done something our coach hasn't been able to do with comparable talent, could it?

hogsanity

Quote from: AlmaHog2011 on March 07, 2018, 11:43:42 am
Both are dirty. Calipari is the dirtiest of the dirty he just is smarter about it. And Kentucky is a blue blood. Look at what didn't happen to North Carolina.

Calipari is the "dirtiest of the dirty" yet the coaches, ALL OF WHO HE RECRUITS AGAINST, do not know this so they did not send a message to him by not voting for any of his kids. Umm, ok?............

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: hawganatic on March 07, 2018, 12:40:33 pm
So the narrative, according to you guys, is Auburn really does have All-SEC players, but the other coaches wanted to send a message about his supposed cheating?  It couldn't be that he is just a good enough coach to win the SEC and rank #16 in the country without optimal talent, could it?

Or could this outrage be over the fact that he's done something our coach hasn't been able to do with comparable talent, could it?
its how he got the players, he's already had one of his assistant coaches fired this year LOL
"Michael Qualls with the dunk at the buzzer, it goes and Arkansas wins, it goes and Arkansas wins"

hawganatic

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on March 07, 2018, 12:51:06 pm
its how he got the players, he's already had one of his assistant coaches fired this year LOL

So he's paying for players that couldn't even make 1st team LOL?  Seems like a bad return on investment LOL.

His assistant was fired for taking bribes to push their players to particular agents LOL.  Has nothing to do with paying players to go to Auburn LOL.

SemperHawg

Quote from: AlmaHog2011 on March 07, 2018, 11:41:29 am
Wow are you serious?
Stone Cold can be a bit of an ass with his takes, but I'm with him on this one.  We all know what Pearl is, and at some point it may even become a fact that Pearl is cheating at Aubbie.  What SteveAustin69 is more trying to point out here is a credentialed media member on a message board passing off opinion as fact before its an actual fact.

This is a slippery slope.

steveaustin69

Quote from: SemperHawg on March 07, 2018, 02:04:18 pm
  Stone Cold can be a bit of an ass with his takes, but I'm with him on this one.  We all know what Pearl is, and at some point it may even become a fact that Pearl is cheating at Aubbie.  What SteveAustin69 is more trying to point out here is a credentialed media member on a message board passing off opinion as fact before its an actual fact.

This is a slippery slope.

I cannot disagree with that statement.

And yes that was my point.

RazorPiggie

k.c.hawg

Quote from: hawganatic on March 07, 2018, 01:04:45 pm
So he's paying for players that couldn't even make 1st team LOL?  Seems like a bad return on investment LOL.

His assistant was fired for taking bribes to push their players to particular agents LOL.  Has nothing to do with paying players to go to Auburn LOL.

Might want to check your facts!! LOLWhat do you do when you need cash to get 5 star recruits to Auburn. You get cash from an agent to pay the kids to come to auburn so you can try to steer them to the agent

Suspended Auburn sophomores Austin Wiley and Danjel Purifoy intend to put their names into the NBA Draft process, Auburn coach Bruce Pearl told CBS Sports.

Both players have not played this season due to their involvement in the FBI's probe into illicit college basketball recruiting. Among other federal charges, former Auburn assistant Chuck Person has been accused of providing the families of Wiley and Purifoy money, in addition to fraudulently pocketing tens of thousands of dollars for himself.

"After an internal investigation, Auburn self-reported violations involving recruiting, extra benefits and agent-related activity," the NCAA said via formal statement on Jan. 11.

This is the second time Purifoy has been suspended due to eligibility concerns. He was held out for the entire 2015-16 season because the NCAA Eligibility Center had issues with his high school transcript and ACT scores. Purifoy used the season as a redshirt year.
Just sitting on the deck with a cold beer and a hot tequila watching the razorbacks roam.

k.c.hawg

steveaustin69

Quote from: k.c.hawg on March 07, 2018, 02:47:37 pm
Might want to check your facts!! LOL

Suspended Auburn sophomores Austin Wiley and Danjel Purifoy intend to put their names into the NBA Draft process, Auburn coach Bruce Pearl told CBS Sports.

Both players have not played this season due to their involvement in the FBI's probe into illicit college basketball recruiting. Among other federal charges, former Auburn assistant Chuck Person has been accused of providing the families of Wiley and Purifoy money, in addition to fraudulently pocketing tens of thousands of dollars for himself.

"After an internal investigation, Auburn self-reported violations involving recruiting, extra benefits and agent-related activity," the NCAA said via formal statement on Jan. 11.

This is the second time Purifoy has been suspended due to eligibility concerns. He was held out for the entire 2015-16 season because the NCAA Eligibility Center had issues with his high school transcript and ACT scores. Purifoy used the season as a redshirt year.

They still won the conference without those guys LOL

k.c.hawg

Quote from: steveaustin69 on March 07, 2018, 02:51:11 pm
They still won the conference without those guys LOL

Yes they did, it does make me wonder about how some of the other guys got there. LOL

hawganatic

Quote from: k.c.hawg on March 07, 2018, 02:47:37 pm
Might want to check your facts!! LOLWhat do you do when you need cash to get 5 star recruits to Auburn. You get cash from an agent to pay the kids to come to auburn so you can try to steer them to the agent

No actually you get the cash from boosters who have a vested interest in the program not getting caught.  Agents really couldn't care less what school the players end up at or if the school gets caught.

And this still maps out to one assistant being the go between for the agent and the player.  My questions would be:

1. When were the payments made, before or after signing with Auburn? 

2. Did Person become involved with the agents before or after the players were on campus?  In other words, were the payments used to entice the players to Auburn, or did the agent seek Person out as the go between after they were already at Auburn.  I really doubt the agent cared what school they landed at.

Really have no idea if Pearl is a dirty coach or not.  What I do know is he won his first SEC title in his fourth year at his school, with apparently no All-SEC players, and our trophy case is still empty under our current coach. 

Since the new mantra on the board is that MA is the ONLY clean coach in college basketball, think that is where the real outrage against Pearl is coming from right now.  Tear other's accomplishments down when you can't achieve on your own...

FineAsSwine

Quote from: hawganatic on March 07, 2018, 04:29:41 pm
Since the new mantra on the board is that MA is the ONLY clean coach in college basketball, think that is where the real outrage against Pearl is coming from right now.  Tear other's accomplishments down when you can't achieve on your own...

This is 100% false. Not a single person on here has said that CMA is the ONLY clean coach in college basketball. Looks like you have an agenda of tearing down CMA if you have to make false statements to make your argument.
Hogs up! Covid down!

hawganatic

Quote from: FineAsSwine on March 07, 2018, 04:33:49 pm
This is 100% false. Not a single person on here has said that CMA is the ONLY clean coach in college basketball. Looks like you have an agenda of tearing down CMA if you have to make false statements to make your argument.

Go read through FCJ's threads.  If he doesn't say it explicitly, then it is highly suggested.

And I have no agenda except a want to see the program win at a high level again.  Good attempt at diverting from my original post though.   

steveaustin69

No actually you get the cash from boosters who have a vested interest in the program not getting caught.  Agents really couldn't care less what school the players end up at or if the school gets caught.

And this still maps out to one assistant being the go between for the agent and the player.  My questions would be:

2. Did Person become involved with the agents before or after the players were on campus?  In other words, were the payments used to entice the players to Auburn, or did the agent seek Person out as the go between after they were already at Auburn.  I really doubt the agent cared what school they landed at.

Really have no idea if Pearl is a dirty coach or not.  What I do know is he won his first SEC title in his fourth year at his school, with apparently no All-SEC players, and our trophy case is still empty under our current coach. 

Folks don't take kindly to your kind around here ;)

Razorpigg

Man oh man... If you are in the camp of "really having no idea IF Pearl is dirty or not" then there is no help for you.  All you have to do is read, and read his bio. This isnt his first one nor will it be his last if he continues to coach.  He's pigpen dirty bigtime, and thats a fact.

steveaustin69

Quote from: Razorpigg on March 07, 2018, 04:50:20 pm
Man oh man... If you are in the camp of "really having no idea IF Pearl is dirty or not" then there is no help for you.  All you have to do is read, and read his bio. This isnt his first one nor will it be his last if he continues to coach.  He's pigpen dirty bigtime, and thats a fact.

Just like Cal's dirty as can be, right?

Well:

Inhogswetrust

Coaches do NOT get a show cause if the NCAA thinks it was minor infractions.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

rljjr

OK, he had a 3-year show cause for being dirty. If he was only guilty of an improper meal (BBQ) for the player who got him in trouble then why would he go to the effort of lying to investigators and asking others to do the same for him?

With that background it's not out of the realm of possibility he knew about the alleged illegal activity of Person.

Does that mean he did wrong this time? Nope. But he has a history of dishonesty WRT improper benefits.

steveaustin69

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on March 07, 2018, 05:49:14 pm
Coaches do NOT get a show cause if the NCAA thinks it was minor infractions.

I can always count on you to come in without knowing the facts.

It escalated because he lied; actual infraction was minor. The vice chair of the Committee on Infractions states as such nearly verbatim:

"In the NCAA Committee on Infractions' report, it is referred to as "unethical conduct." That's NCAA-speak for lying, and you don't lie to your parents. You don't lie to your teachers. You don't lie to your spouse. And you most certainly don't lie to the NCAA.

"This case was narrow in scope,'' COI vice chair Britton Banowsky said on Wednesday's NCAA conference call. "The serious nature relates to the unethical conduct. I'm not sure we would be here were it not for those allegations and those findings.''

The proof that Pearl was fricasseed by his fibbing more than his barbecuing is evident in the punishments doled out by the COI. Or more accurately, in the punishments not doled out by the COI."

http://www.espn.com/blog/collegebasketballnation/post/_/id/34543/in-the-end-the-right-people-were-punished

hawganatic

Quote from: rljjr on March 07, 2018, 05:53:33 pm
With that background it's not out of the realm of possibility he knew about the alleged illegal activity of Person.

So you are making the jump from inviting a player to a BBQ and lying about it, to paying players and taking bribes.  This really seems logical to you?  Really?

The sad thing is there is plenty of documentation outlining what happened, and most the people in this thread still don't understand what the show cause was for.  Either just too lazy to read up on it, or just don't care and want to keep hammering on the same argument.

hawganatic

Quote from: Razorpigg on March 07, 2018, 04:50:20 pm

I've read his bio.  I don't think you have because you apparently don't understand what the show cause was for. 

sickboy

Quote from: RazorPiggie on March 07, 2018, 02:15:12 pm
Pearl is a dang good coach.

Dude's a scumbag and has always been a scumbag going back to the 80's. He freaking lost a recruit when he was an assistant at Iowa and got pissed so he secretly recorded conversations with the kid to try and bait him into admitting he took money and a car. When he got the kid to admit, he turned over the tapes to the NCAA. The kid later said he was just saying whatever Pearl wanted to get rid of him and even had to take a polygraph. NCAA investigated and didn't find any money or wrongdoing int he kid's recruiting, but when they were investigating, they found other minor violations, but because it was the third big violation in six years, it got Illinois slapped with lack of institutional control.

This got him blackballed for a time in coaching circles.

Then he spent the better part of a decade in Div II until he got a bone getting Miwaukee job. Then it was straight to Tennessee where we know how that ended. 

Pearl may be a good a coach, but he's crap human.

ShadowHawg

Have you followed the FBI probe at all?

steveaustin69

AlmaHog2011

Quote from: hawganatic on March 07, 2018, 04:41:02 pm
Go read through FCJ's threads.  If he doesn't say it explicitly, then it is highly suggested.

And I have no agenda except a want to see the program win at a high level again.  Good attempt at diverting from my original post though.

Mike is honest and I am a Hogfan. Why so many on here want to scream to Heaven about how other coaches are honest. IDK I care that Mike is honest.

AlmaHog2011

Quote from: sickboy on March 07, 2018, 06:56:20 pm
Dude's a scumbag and has always been a scumbag going back to the 80's. He freaking lost a recruit when he was an assistant at Iowa and got pissed so he secretly recorded conversations with the kid to try and bait him into admitting he took money and a car. When he got the kid to admit, he turned over the tapes to the NCAA. The kid later said he was just saying whatever Pearl wanted to get rid of him and even had to take a polygraph. NCAA investigated and didn't find any money or wrongdoing int he kid's recruiting, but when they were investigating, they found other minor violations, but because it was the third big violation in six years, it got Illinois slapped with lack of institutional control.

This got him blackballed for a time in coaching circles.

Then he spent the better part of a decade in Div II until he got a bone getting Miwaukee job. Then it was straight to Tennessee where we know how that ended. 

Pearl may be a good a coach, but he's crap human.

He's like a drug dealer that makes a lot of money. He's nasty dirty.

rljjr

Quote from: hawganatic on March 07, 2018, 06:40:27 pm
So you are making the jump from inviting a player to a BBQ and lying about it, to paying players and taking bribes.  This really seems logical to you?  Really?

The sad thing is there is plenty of documentation outlining what happened, and most the people in this thread still don't understand what the show cause was for.  Either just too lazy to read up on it, or just don't care and want to keep hammering on the same argument.

For Bruce Pearl it's pathologically logical. Ask yourself why he lied about what was, in all accounts, a MINOR infraction. Flags go up for most folks. Is he just a liar or did he not want to invite the NCAA to dig a little more? It's reasonable to assume it was worse, otherwise why subject yourself to a show-cause penalty (and don't tell me he didn't know that could happen).

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: steveaustin69 on March 07, 2018, 06:00:25 pm
I can always count on you to come in without knowing the facts.

It escalated because he lied; actual infraction was minor. The vice chair of the Committee on Infractions states as such nearly verbatim:

"In the NCAA Committee on Infractions' report, it is referred to as "unethical conduct." That's NCAA-speak for lying, and you don't lie to your parents. You don't lie to your teachers. You don't lie to your spouse. And you most certainly don't lie to the NCAA.

"This case was narrow in scope,'' COI vice chair Britton Banowsky said on Wednesday's NCAA conference call. "The serious nature relates to the unethical conduct. I'm not sure we would be here were it not for those allegations and those findings.''

The proof that Pearl was fricasseed by his fibbing more than his barbecuing is evident in the punishments doled out by the COI. Or more accurately, in the punishments not doled out by the COI."

http://www.espn.com/blog/collegebasketballnation/post/_/id/34543/in-the-end-the-right-people-were-punished

The fact he LIED is a major infraction or he wouldn't have gotten a show cause. Your own post proves my point.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

razorback1829

So it's ok it happened in his program, under his watch? You guys are unbelievable.

liljo

What I find amazing in the Jump Ball forum is how quick some guys are to attack OUR coach, but defend...Ah(go ahead and)Burn's coach.

Does Auburn cheat? Auburn, y'all.  :puke:
Hogville: A place where Hog fans gather to discuss all things Razorbacks in peace.

JoeyJackMcKaskell

Quote from: liljo on March 07, 2018, 08:32:52 pm
What I find amazing in the Jump Ball forum is how quick some guys are to attack OUR coach, but defend...Ah(go ahead and)Burn's coach.

Does Auburn cheat? Auburn, y'all.  :puke:

I was about to post the same thing. There isn't another SEC message board that goes out of its way to defend every scumbag in the conference while pouncing on our own. I honestly think this board is full of Razorback haters that pose as hog fans to stir things up.