Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Arkansas CWS game thread - Hogs headed home ........LSU 14 Razorbacks 5

Started by Hogtropolis™, May 29, 2009, 10:30:13 am

Previous topic - Next topic

RazorWire™

i like the # 7

People say if it flies it dies. Well i say if it just sits there it still dies.

Clint Alan

"It isn't hard to be good from time to time in sports. What's tough is being good every day." - Willie Mays

razorbackfan86

PoconoHog

"All right, they're on our left, they're on our right, they're in front of us, they're behind us...they can't get away this time." 
Never one to mince words, "We're surrounded," he said in battle. "That simplifies the problem."  Lewis B. "Chesty" Puller

RazorWire™

Publius

Hey, Olivermiller....those tickets just got a whole lot cheaper!!!!

Clint Alan

"It isn't hard to be good from time to time in sports. What's tough is being good every day." - Willie Mays

razorbackfan86

Clint Alan

booogaga

GO HOGS!

olivebranchhog

I sign on and Andy hits a dinger.....another huge hitting day for us
Sometimes it takes a loss to make us realize what's really important

Clint Alan

razorbackfan86

Publius

24 runs in 12.2 innings for the Hogs against OU this weekend...that is simply amazing

PoconoHog

"All right, they're on our left, they're on our right, they're in front of us, they're behind us...they can't get away this time." 
Never one to mince words, "We're surrounded," he said in battle. "That simplifies the problem."  Lewis B. "Chesty" Puller

RazorWire™

razorbackfan86

arkmark

Good hitting and good pitching will shut most of us up.  The pony league team we watched for about 15 games there got my mouth to running because I expect us to play like we are now.  Even when we lose I would like to see a team that appears to have played a little organized ball a few times.  Our hitting has been great the past 15 or so innings but check the stats, this is odd.  Yet I haven't called for anyones head.

RazorWire™

Oklahawg

Quote from: Publius on May 31, 2009, 08:04:59 pm
Yea, man...have some balls and put on that 1978 Orange Bowl shirt and mosey on out there....stand up for Hog nation, dude! ;) :razorback:

Hilarious.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

trippigs

Doyle is not a reliever so this is uncomfortable for him. But he is a stud.

bsking

oldbear

Hopefully we can send the stud out to pasture with the fillies.

HOGSandDUCKS

So no TV?  I just got back from the Rangers vs. A's game and I've been following you guys on the iPhone.  +1 to everyone on Pg 40!

PoconoHog

Clint Alan

Bigham picked off at 2nd

TEAM            1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9     R   H   E
Arkansas        2   0   4   0   1                        7    8   0
Oklahoma       0   0   0   0                             0    0   1

1 runs, 2 hits, 2 men left

olivebranchhog

Sometimes it takes a loss to make us realize what's really important

razorbackfan86

:razorback: ARK/OU Championship Box Score  :razorback:

Team                  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9     R   H   E
Arkansas             2   0   4   0   1                         7   7   0   
Oklahoma            0   0   0   0                              0   0   1

Arkansas Scoring
1st) Wilkins homered to RF; Tschepikow scored
3rd) Tschepikow homered to LF; Kuhn and Leavitt scored
3rd) Cox doubled to RF; Wilkins scored
5th) Wilkins homered to LF

Oklahoma Scoring

Arkansas Pitching
Player               IP     H     R     ER     BB     K
D. Smyly          4.0    0      0      0       2      4

Oklahoma Pitching
Player               IP     H     R     ER     BB     K
A. Hubbard       2.1    5     6      4       1       7
J. Erben            2.1    2     1      1       1       1
A. Doyle            0.1    0     0      0       0       0

berg

Hollywood_HOGan45

dang that sucks! we had a chance to REALLY put it on them there.

Hogbody

bsking

RZRBack_FAN

Crazy how different things are when we can actually hit the ball

Kenny Dowell Loggains

Publius

It's up to the pitching staff now to take us home...the bats have come through tonight and we just need 15 more outs and can surrender 6 runs...should be able to pull that off

Publius

Quote from: ChargerHog on May 31, 2009, 08:18:32 pm
Crazy how different things are when we can actually hit the ball
Bingo....takes the pressure off of the pitching staff and the D

Clint Alan

Clint Alan

PoconoHog

Smyly doing a good job of getting ahead of the hitters and not having to groove one...

Hollywood_HOGan45

Quote from: Publius on May 31, 2009, 08:19:53 pm
It's up to the pitching staff now to take us home...the bats have come through tonight and we just need 15 more outs and can surrender 6 runs...should be able to pull that off

lets just go ahead and shut them out!

razorbackfan86

Kenny Dowell Loggains

i am slowly forgetting about end of the regular season... it sure is a lot more fun to be on hogville when we are taking care of business!

Publius

Publius

Kenny Dowell Loggains

Clint Alan

bad guy

Ks

TEAM            1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9     R   H   E
Arkansas       2   0   4   0   1                        7    8   0
Oklahoma      0   0   0   0   0                        0    0   1

0 runs, 0 hits, 0 men left

razorbackfan86