Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Jimbo: Auburn's knowledge of FSU in BCS NC 'actually played in our hands'

Started by jbcarol, September 12, 2014, 11:04:25 am

Previous topic - Next topic

jbcarol

Brandon Marcello @bmarcello  ·  11h

Auburn's knowledge of FSU in BCS Championship 'actually played in our hands,' says Jimbo Fisher http://ow.ly/BpuvA [Access to play-by-play breakdown on the game winning drive is at the link]

QuoteAuburn receivers coach Dameyune Craig's knowledge of the Florida State offense actually helped form FSU coach Jimbo Fisher's decisions and play calls in the final minute of the game...

"I know that side knows what I want," Fisher says in the piece. "All their knowledge of us actually played in our hands a lot, too. In crucial points of the game. Having (former FSU assistant Dameyune Craig) and those guys over there, they all knew it, too."

Fisher said in January the Tigers stole some of Florida State's signs during the game.

Fisher says he had a good idea of what was coming from Auburn defensive coordinator Ellis Johnson, too, after a 49-yard gain pushed the Seminoles' offense to the 28-yard line.

"Because they had a lot of games that came down to the wire," Fisher said. "I study teams. Because coordinators sometimes in situations play one way, but at the end of the game they'll play another. Or sometimes they don't. You have to know at the end of the game — what is his personality? What is he going to do to win the game? Is he a guy that's aggressive? Or is he a guy that's going to make you beat him?"

Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net