Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Florida Gameday Predictions

Started by OldTimeHawg, March 09, 2018, 06:54:53 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.

AHiD

My name...is Jerruh

BassinHawg

Gators 78
Hogs 67

Hope I'm wrong!
"It is what it is." has replaced "Yesssss Sirrrrr!!!!"

Lao Tsuie

bphi11ips

Looking at this game on paper, Arkansas and Florida are mirror images of each other.  Both are driven by experienced guards.  Arkansas shoots better from the floor.  Florida is better at the line.  Neither team rebounds particularly well.  Both protect the rim, but Gafford is the only front court player in the top 4 of either team in scoring. 

This game could go either way.  Arkansas does not have a true point guard. True point guards seem to be Arkansas's kryptonite, and Chiozza is a really good one.  He had 9 assists in Florida's win.  Arkansas as a team had 10.  On the season, though, Arkansas has more assists as a team than Florida.  Arkansas outrebounded Florida 36-30.  Gafford had 11 boards.  The biggest difference in the game was that Kevaughn Allen went unconscious, hitting 7 of 8 three pointers on his way to 28 points.  That's 17 higher than his season average, and the Hogs lost by 15.  Allen only shoots .337 from 3-point range for the year. 

If the game comes down to a 3-point contest, many here may be surprised that Arkansas shoots and defends the three better than Florida.  The Hogs make 3's at a .399 clip, while their opponents make .346.  Florida's numbers are .374 and .355.  Florida has made 28 more 3's than Arkansas, but they've attempted 127 more.

Florida shoots better at the line than Arkansas, but they don't get there as often.  Arkansas has 35 more made free throws on the season.

Arkansas doesn't have a Chiozza,  but Florida doesn't have a Gafford. Gafford played only 25 minutes last night and seemed fresh at the end of the game.  No Razorback played over 30 minutes.

This game may feature multiple runs by both teams.  It could also be up and down, nip and tuck from start to finish.  Arkansas tends to do well in the SEC tournament when teams try to run with them.  That's Florida's game.  Arkansas is due in this series.  So are Barford and Macon, who have now played a game on this floor. 

Arkansas 84 Florida 81

Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

Razorod

Quote from: bphi11ips on March 09, 2018, 10:50:19 am
Looking at this game on paper, Arkansas and Florida are mirror images of each other.  Both are driven by experienced guards.  Arkansas shoots better from the floor.  Florida is better at the line.  Neither team rebounds particularly well.  Both protect the rim, but Gafford is the only front court player in the top 4 of either team in scoring. 

This game could go either way.  Arkansas does not have a true point guard. True point guards seem to be Arkansas's kryptonite, and Chiozza is a really good one.  He had 9 assists in Florida's win.  Arkansas as a team had 10.  On the season, though, Arkansas has more assists as a team than Florida.  Arkansas outrebounded Florida 36-30.  Gafford had 11 boards.  The biggest difference in the game was that Kevaughn Allen went unconscious, hitting 7 of 8 three pointers on his way to 28 points.  That's 17 higher than his season average, and the Hogs lost by 15.  Allen only shoots .337 from 3-point range for the year. 

If the game comes down to a 3-point contest, many here may be surprised that Arkansas shoots and defends the three better than Florida.  The Hogs make 3's at a .399 clip, while their opponents make .346.  Florida's numbers are .374 and .355.  Florida has made 28 more 3's than Arkansas, but they've attempted 127 more.

Florida shoots better at the line than Arkansas, but they don't get there as often.  Arkansas has 35 more made free throws on the season.

Arkansas doesn't have a Chiozza,  but Florida doesn't have a Gafford. Gafford played only 25 minutes last night and seemed fresh at the end of the game.  No Razorback played over 30 minutes.

This game may feature multiple runs by both teams.  It could also be up and down, nip and tuck from start to finish.  Arkansas tends to do well in the SEC tournament when teams try to run with them.  That's Florida's game.  Arkansas is due in this series.  So are Barford and Macon, who have now played a game on this floor. 

Arkansas 84 Florida 81

I like it!
Hoping the Hogs basketball fortunes change for the better this season.

BDSCT51

Hogs - 78
baby lizards - 70

We get the UF spell cast out tonight as the alignment of the stars has dictated. JB/DM combine for 34. Beard/Bailey contribute 20. Gafford hits 5 FT's in a row before his first miss. We're due!
Bleeding Razorback Red

jabber71

Us 79 them 78. Florida overlooks us, Macon scores 22, Barford scores 18, Beard focuses on passing & defense, Gafford has double double and we throw a huge block party!
You can't always convince someone you are right, but you can always convince them you think you're right!

Mr. Porkleone

Our rebounding is terrible.

Florida 88
Hogs 72

ishankem

We've seen this plot before. Hogs lose tonight, win their first game next week, then lose on the weekend, season over. But, it's
Been a good year. Made the ncaat, won 20 games plus. Looking forward for the new cast next year

redleg

Quote from: BroyledNutts on March 09, 2018, 09:41:34 am
The result should be similar to earlier this season ... then it was Florida 88, Hogs 74 ... half court defense, rebounding, and foul trouble who shoots more free throws will determine the outcome ...
That game was in Gainesville. Arkansas has had difficulty on the road this century, especially at Florida and at UK. Arkansas is much better at home, and almost as good on a neutral court. This game is on a neutral court. Florida will probably win, although I predicted an 83-80 Hogs victory because they are due for a W over this damn team!  >:(
If it ain't broke, fix it till it is.

bphi11ips

Quote from: Mr. Porkleone on March 09, 2018, 11:33:58 am
Our rebounding is terrible.

Florida 88
Hogs 72

Rebounding is not a strength of either team.  Arkansas is slightly better.  We outrebounded Florida in Gainesville 36-30.  On the year, Arkansas has been outrebounded by 48 boards, Florida by 55.
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

ADavisTheGOAT

Razorbacks | Redskins | Pelicans | LA Tech

gmarv54

Hogs win going away 88 hogs  Gators 72

razorpimp

Hogs press = Florida wins 88 - 73

Hogs slow it down and grind = Hogs win 68 - 64

I know everyone will say that's not how we play but this is how it will go down

phadedhawg

HeyHogs

Florida 95 Hogs 94 in a shootout.  Hog will be trailing by 1 at the half.  Come out in the second half and take a 16 point lead with 5 minutes left.  Florida will go on a 17-0 run to win the game.

TheRazorback500

Allen will probably go off again, but Hudson's who I'm really worried about. I'd say 77-73 Gators, but I'd sure like to be wrong.
Do you wanna get Rocked?

Hog Pharm

Terrible matchup for us.  We really struggle stopping dribble penetration and Chiozza is one of the best.

alohawg

In a game of match-ups, Ark doesn't do well against this team, but anything can happen. I"ll say they surprise us today in a squeaker 
82-81
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

daprospecta

I think this game ends in a blow out for either team.  We both have the potential to go nuclear hot and can both go north pole cold. Just my take. Either way. Go hogs!

masbas3

Quote from: davril98 on March 09, 2018, 10:08:58 am
Florida is favored by 4-4.5

Add those three numbers together and you might have the margin that Florida beats us by.

Dudeman

Abstinence is the sincerest form of frustration.

You can't have half holes or partial holes because all holes are whole holes.

Applebottomjeans

Our team is so inconsistent.  We never know which one is going to show up.  After watching the Missouri game last weekend, I just don't see us winning this.  I hate that and hope I am wrong but we often don't play up to our potential.  Even Macon said last night during his post game interview... they didn't play as well as they could or should (paraphrasing). But dang it, I freaking love Macon and would love to see him kick ass.

FrankCourtneyNicodemus

Quote from: The_Iceman on March 09, 2018, 07:30:41 am
Florida 77 Arkansas 65

For the third time this season, I see a prediction you make on this forum and I bet the opposite and am happy. Woo Pig.

Thanks ICEMAN, you darn genius. Keep your predictions up. Smite me.

ICEman

Quote from: BDSCT51 on March 09, 2018, 11:03:26 am
Hogs - 78
baby lizards - 70

We get the UF spell cast out tonight as the alignment of the stars has dictated. JB/DM combine for 34. Beard/Bailey contribute 20. Gafford hits 5 FT's in a row before his first miss. We're due!
Prescient!
"College football is a sport that bears the same relation to education that bullfighting does to agriculture."

TheRazorback500

Crow tastes like chicken. Great win! WPS
Do you wanna get Rocked?

AirWarren

AirWarren

Quote from: RagingHawgOn on March 09, 2018, 09:12:13 am
You mean Anton can't get the job done?  lol

He burned Allen twice.

Sorry.

AirWarren

Quote from: hawg IQ on March 09, 2018, 09:55:04 am
yes I think gators wins going away, Hogs out of sync at present.

Hawg IQ=Low IQ

sowmonella

A whole lot of posters should be eating crow. Some of the blowout predictions were laughable.
Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

Cinco de Hogo

Rawker

Quote from: AP85 on March 09, 2018, 11:23:45 pm
Hawg IQ=Low IQ

Yeah, where in the **** did that even come from.  I can't stand when people who only watch football come in for a second and just cut a fart with their keyboard.  8-2 in last 10 games, 3 of those Ws against ranked opponents.....yeah, the Hogs are out of sync at present....in frickin' Bizarro World maybe.

BDSCT51

Quote from: BDSCT51 on March 09, 2018, 11:03:26 am
Hogs - 78
baby lizards - 70

Now just exactly where, did I put those lotto numbers I wanted to play today??
Bleeding Razorback Red

rhames

"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

"Can we get some waffles after we get some ass?" - Aunt Tiffany Freeman

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.
The only down time my legs see is when seated in 1st Class.

Bacons Rebellion

Quote from: rhames on March 10, 2018, 07:18:01 am
These threads are always fun

They are not ALWAYS fun. But this one is.

TheRazorback500

Quote from: BDSCT51 on March 10, 2018, 07:13:21 am

Now just exactly where, did I put those lotto numbers I wanted to play today??
Powerball sitting on $384 mil..  8)
Do you wanna get Rocked?

99toLife

I have picked the hogs the last three games.

What I think: Tenner by 8

Heart wants Hogs by 5

jst01

Quote from: 99toLife on March 10, 2018, 12:52:07 pm
I have picked the hogs the last three games.

What I think: FLA by 8

Heart wants Hogs by 5

Lol. You do realize this game was last night, right?

99toLife

Quote from: jst01 on March 10, 2018, 12:54:27 pm
Lol. You do realize this game was last night, right?

HA- I've lost it, I meant Tennessee!  Man I need some coffee. 

PonderinHog

Y'all aren't very good at this.  lmao/facepalm