Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Post game comments

Started by TDHog, November 10, 2007, 08:36:57 am

Previous topic - Next topic

TDHog

Didn't see this posted anywhere.

Arkansas Coach John Pelphrey
"It is great to be a Razorback. It is a good feeling for the guys, my family and I. Wofford has a lot of starters back.
We struggled for awhile in the first half. Our guys were just trying to get everyone fired up, and we jacked up on
the edge. Therefore, the game started out really close."
"When the second half hit, our defense started getting a little better. Patrick (Beverly), Sonny (Weems) and Gary
(Ervin) stepped up their game. I thought the pressure started to get to our players. We still have a lot of work to
do, now that we're hitting the road. Our team just needs to take the time to adapt to the ability."

Arkansas Player Quotes:
Patrick Beverley
"The referees were calling it tight but we just had to adjust and play our game."
Darian Townes
"Wofford played us really hard and they are a good team. Coach (Pelphrey ) addressed that from the beginning."
Gary Ervin
"As a team we played well and held in there like Coach (Pelphrey) said, and we found the rhythm we needed. It
was a dunk (late in the first half) by Sonny (Weems) that got us going. We played with intensity through the whole
game."

Wofford Coach Mike Young
"We came out with a great tempo and stayed in the game early. We knew coming in that if it turned out being a
high possession game, it would result in a high point differential."
"I see a comparison with this (Arkansas) team and an Auburn team we played about 10 years ago. They were flying
slightly off the radar and ended up being one of the best teams in college basketball that season. This team
reminds me a lot of that Auburn team."
"Looking at Arkansas on film, I was scared out of my mind coming into this building. They have fine young men. I
wish them the best and I expect they will do great things."