Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Arkansas CWS game thread - Hogs headed home ........LSU 14 Razorbacks 5

Started by Hogtropolis™, May 29, 2009, 10:30:13 am

Previous topic - Next topic

hogfan064

Quote from: TNhawgfan on June 05, 2009, 11:37:42 am
Is it an FSU rule or an NCAA rule that you can't play if there is lightning within an eight mile radius?

NCAA rules

hogfeezy

I wouldn't want to be holding an aluminum bat if there were lightning within an eight mile radius.

LibraryHog

TNhawgfan

I'd rather be dead than be a Vol

PoormansRobbyHampton

How many times are they gonna tell this story about Gilmartin not being an ace when he first arrived on campus?

And second, the color guy carries the on-air charisma of a serial-killer. Just a strange guy.

I'm gonna hit that shower and come back.

3kgthog

Who cares about the better season? The NCAA is a business. Period. They screw teams and players all the time. We could've guaranteed them a huge payday, but now they are only going to get a few thousand dollars and a couple handfuls of lint.

Clint Alan

Still no rain as of yet. No more lightening. Game will resume at the top of the hour. - Chuck
"It isn't hard to be good from time to time in sports. What's tough is being good every day." - Willie Mays

RZRBack_FAN

Quote from: hogfan064 on June 05, 2009, 11:36:21 am
The host site wasn't awarded due to weather or stadium size.  It had to do with how the teams played this year.  FSU had the better overall season.
Uh yeah I understand that but sometimes they should take other things into consideration. Like Actually being able to play the game. They have been predicting storms for the WHOLE weekend for over a week now.

What a piss poor fanbase Fsu is, there might be 1000 people there and that's being generous.

Jacob "2 Scoops" Johnson

Quote from: mikeyg31 on June 05, 2009, 11:40:56 am
http://radar.weather.gov/radar.php?rid=TLH&product=N0R&overlay=11101111&loop=yes

jsut a few scattered storms, the big storm is south of us, not heading towards the stadium it looks like. I think we can get a ballgame in
ched come back pls

Marshfieldhog

hogfan064

Quote from: 3kgthog on June 05, 2009, 11:41:01 am
Who cares about the better season? The NCAA is a business. Period. They screw teams and players all the time. We could've guaranteed them a huge payday, but now they are only going to get a few thousand dollars and a couple handfuls of lint.

You earn the host spot by on the field play.  Let's also keep in mind Florida State is typically top 10 in attendance each year.  Their facility is ranked by many as a top 10 facility in college baseball.  The crowd is pitiful, but Arkansas, LSU, Ole Miss, MSU, Clemson, and South Carolina are probably the only schools that wouldn't have bad crowds for a noon game with lightning in the area. 

TuckFexas

For crying out loud people, the games are in Tally, who gives a schit about the merits of each team at this point?
Famous quote.
Follow me on Twitter: www.twitter.com
Become my friend on Facebook: www.facebook.com
The post above may or may not accurately reflect the views of TuckFexas.
Yes, they let me out of the Tavern on a day pass.

Ray Piggers

Maybe they should cut the 8 mile rule in half.. Cause they need to play baseball for as long as possible!
I'm basically Darkwing Duck

trippigs

Rain delay is a bummer.......hope it stops, they dry things up and play ball soon.  GO HOGS

bsking

Quote from: hogfan064 on June 05, 2009, 11:46:15 am
You earn the host spot by on the field play.  Let's also keep in mind Florida State is typically top 10 in attendance each year.  Their facility is ranked by many as a top 10 facility in college baseball.  The crowd is pitiful, but Arkansas, LSU, Ole Miss, MSU, Clemson, and South Carolina are probably the only schools that wouldn't have bad crowds for a noon game with lightning in the area. 

That place is top 10?  Dang, talk about a drop of from the top...

Clint Alan

Quote from: twinpigs on June 05, 2009, 11:50:42 am
Rain delay is a bummer.......hope it stops, they dry things up and play ball soon.  GO HOGS

Its not a rain delay, its not raining, its sunny
"It isn't hard to be good from time to time in sports. What's tough is being good every day." - Willie Mays

Clint Alan

Quote from: bsking on June 05, 2009, 11:51:30 am

FSU was 3rd this past year in attendance. Behind LSU & Ark

LibraryHog

razorbackfan86

jst01

razorbackfan86

jst01

razorbackfan86

hogfan064

Quote from: bsking on June 05, 2009, 11:51:30 am

You are spoiled by Baum.  Dick Howser is a fine facility.  Here are 2 lists that talk highly of it. 

http://collegebaseball.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=869295

http://www.dixiefriedsports.com/Top_20_Ballparks.php

Clint Alan

bsking

So far ive heard about 10 things that the announcers have said wrong.

hogfan064

Quote from: bsking on June 05, 2009, 11:56:27 am

That's what happens when a network only covers a sport for 3 weeks each year.

jst01

Quote from: hogfan064 on June 05, 2009, 11:56:09 am
You are spoiled by Baum.  Dick Howser is a fine facility.  Here are 2 lists that talk highly of it. 

http://collegebaseball.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=869295

http://www.dixiefriedsports.com/Top_20_Ballparks.php

either way, their fans should be embarrassed. what a joke of a crowd.

razorbackfan86

LibraryHog

HOLY CRAP.
I'm so sorry, I'm glad you guys figured out what I meant.

Clint Alan

Quote from: bsking on June 05, 2009, 11:56:27 am

Thats why Im listening to Chuck

They are interviewing players......funny thing I heard......

"So, whats your major TJ"

-"Im a sociology major"

"What can you tell me about sociology majors?"

-"I dont know much about sociology major, but I do know you can get a coaching job with any major."

thought that was funny

Clint Alan

hogfan064

Quote from: jst01 on June 05, 2009, 11:58:16 am
either way, their fans should be embarrassed. what a joke of a crowd.

They were #3 in attendance last year.  I'm sure the noon start and thunderstorms isn't helping the attendance.  If it were a 7:00 start and good weather then I'm sure the stands would be near packed. 

razorbackfan86

Quote from: LibraryHog on June 05, 2009, 11:58:31 am
HOLY CRAP.
I'm so sorry, I'm glad you guys figured out what I meant.

No worries man.. It's easy to do that when we're playing an hour ahead

PIGTAILS INC

I'm stuck at work guys. Can anyone provide a video link?
We are a company dedicated to the University of Arkansas. No other company knows the history, traditions, and fans like we do. Give us a chance and see for yourself. Top quality designs and materials.

We design everything we do!  Unique patent pending caps COMING SOON!! Visit us at www.Pigtailsports.biz

jst01

Quote from: hogfan064 on June 05, 2009, 11:59:58 am
They were #3 in attendance last year.  I'm sure the noon start and thunderstorms isn't helping the attendance.  If it were a 7:00 start and good weather then I'm sure the stands would be near packed. 

put that weather in Fayetteville, and you would have no less than 8,000 today for a noon start. oh well. the committee will learn.

bsking

Quote from: hogfan064 on June 05, 2009, 11:59:58 am

Regardless how do you the Baum or Alex Box would look under the same conditions.  In fact I bet we drew more fans to the LSU rainout on Sat, when we never even threw a pitch.

razorbackfan86

Quote from: PIGTAILS INC on June 05, 2009, 12:00:54 pm
I'm stuck at work guys. Can anyone provide a video link?

Lanny said it was ok, and I'm getting video.. It's sportcenter break because of the delay right now, but should work..

http://www.channelsurfing.net/

hogfan064

Quote from: jst01 on June 05, 2009, 12:01:11 pm
put that weather in Fayetteville, and you would have no less than 8,000 today for a noon start. oh well. the committee will learn.

The committee will continue to give the host site to those teams that deserve it.  Not the teams that have the most rabid fans. 

That's the way it works.  That's the way it should be.  You earn it on the field.  You shouldn't punish colllege kids who have had a great season by sending them 900 miles on the road just because of the chance of bad weather.

Clint Alan

razorbackfan86

chiefsfan

Quote from: jst01 on June 05, 2009, 12:01:11 pm

We could play in a 50,000 seat stadium and we'd still be on the road

The NCAA decided a couple years ago that you had to earn the right to host in supers by being the better team.  FSU is seeded higher then us, won their conference and gets to host.  its the only fair way to play
Honor and Integrity no longer exist in the world of college football.  It is only filled with liar's cheater's, and traitors.

hogfan064

Quote from: bsking on June 05, 2009, 12:02:35 pm
Regardless how do you the Baum or Alex Box would look under the same conditions.  In fact I bet we drew more fans to the LSU rainout on Sat, when we never even threw a pitch.

Noone is questioning Hog fans coming out to the park.  Again, FSU earned it on the field and that's the way it should be.  $$$ and fan support shouldn't determine who hosts.  The better team should host.  FSU has had the better season.

If the Hogs have an issue with not hosting then they need to take it out on the Noles and make it to Omaha.

Clint Alan

cosmodrum

Go away, batin'

linze82

smite me bishes

HogFan1994

You can tell Keuchel is a little cold.. 3-2 to next guy.

jst01

Quote from: chiefsfan on June 05, 2009, 12:04:35 pm
We could play in a 50,000 seat stadium and we'd still be on the road

The NCAA decided a couple years ago that you had to earn the right to host in supers by being the better team.  FSU is seeded higher then us, won their conference and gets to host.  its the only fair way to play

relax, I understand everything, my illogical statements are from weather frustration, not ignorance of who really deserves home field.