Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What is National Signing Day going to look like for us?

Started by Michael D Huff AIA, January 30, 2015, 09:03:56 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Michael D Huff AIA

NSD is becoming more and more publicized every year.  What will it look like for us this year?  Do we know our class so far or is there a surprise "get" or two that will make our class jump up a few spots from the #21 that Rivals has us at right now.

I ask this question because I don't necessarily follow recruiting due to the decommitting and "opening up of recruiting" that goes on during the process every year.  I don't get excited when a kid "commits" because that can go away next week.  I get excited when they are on campus.  Hard to open up your recruiting when you are wearing the uniform.

Thoughts?

Lanny

"It's only a game if you win but if you lose it's a stinking waste of time."

Al Bundy

DeltaBoy

Quote from: Lanny on January 30, 2015, 09:08:21 am
I don't pay attention until the ink is dry

This ^^^^^^ otherwise you get ulcers or you get banned from Hogville.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: DeltaBoy on January 30, 2015, 09:34:09 am
This ^^^^^^ otherwise you get ulcers or you get banned from Hogville.

Some idiots rinse and repeat every year and have left a carnage of hypertensive posters and discarded handles that can stretch on for miles...
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

DeltaBoy

Quote from: OneTuskOverTheLine™ on January 30, 2015, 09:36:45 am
Some idiots rinse and repeat every year and have left a carnage of hypertensive posters and discarded handles that can stretch on for miles...

Yes nothing brings out the nuts like a loss, Coaching hire and Recruiting.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Michael D Huff AIA

Quote from: DeltaBoy on January 30, 2015, 09:38:11 am
Yes nothing brings out the nuts like a loss, Coaching hire and Recruiting.

Amen.

In my OP I was hoping for a more condensed version of an entire thread.  That's OK though, this has been entertaining so far.

Großer Kriegschwein

CBB will stand at a podium, and show us video of recruits that have signed. There will be a bunch of media and boosters there. They will ask questions. CBB will give answers only on the ones that have returned signed letters of intent. There will be a few woo pig sooiiees. and then it will all be posted on multiple media sites to watch over and over again. If there are any scholarships not used, then he will tell us what he is thinking without naming anyone.

That is what signing day will look like for us. Other than that, somebody would be lying to you if they say who all will fill the remaining slots, unless someone else announces before signing day.
This is my non-signature signature.

ShadowTheHedgehog

trashcan maN

We will sign the highest rated OT since Brey Cook. I think everything else will be pretty tied up by then.

I also think we'll hold a schollie for Dominique Reed in case he qualifies. If he doesn't, I think a walk-on will get it. I'm pulling for Kevin Richardson.

BOAR_N2BWILD

I hope it has balloons and dry erase boards like when Hootie was here. LOL
Phil. 4:13 "I can do all things through Him, who gives me strength."

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: Michael D Huff AIA on January 30, 2015, 09:03:56 am
NSD is becoming more and more publicized every year.  What will it look like for us this year?  Do we know our class so far or is there a surprise "get" or two that will make our class jump up a few spots from the #21 that Rivals has us at right now.

I ask this question because I don't necessarily follow recruiting due to the decommitting and "opening up of recruiting" that goes on during the process every year.  I don't get excited when a kid "commits" because that can go away next week.  I get excited when they are on campus.  Hard to open up your recruiting when you are wearing the uniform.

Thoughts?
Well I think it will be the typical news coverage of several kids signing their NLI at various schools followed by short clips of either coaches/or kids expressing how excited they are about their commitments. I would expect this to be followed either later that day or perhaps the next with CBB reviewing the list of the kids to our newest class, discussing their merits, and perhaps giving some further insight into why we recruited them. Pretty much the same every year actually.

MTBrookHog

Seebs

First week of August - see who made their grades and kept up their grades.  Many classes ahead of the Hogs will have commits not make it to the first week of August. Some like the sizzle, I like the steak.
To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.

razorbackkid

With social media the ink never dries, the excuses and praises never end and the "if's, but's and woulda, coulda, shoulda's" will forever be wet, sloppy and at the front.

But you are correct sir, it does suck that a mans' word is not his word until the ink is dry.
I would rather live as if there is a God and find out there isn't, than to live as if there isn't and find out there is.

razorbackkid

Quote from: Seebs on January 30, 2015, 04:50:49 pm
First week of August - see who made their grades and kept up their grades.  Many classes ahead of the Hogs will have commits not make it to the first week of August. Some like the sizzle, I like the steak.

Nice.  :)
I would rather live as if there is a God and find out there isn't, than to live as if there isn't and find out there is.

razorbackkid

Tusks

There's a great recruiting forum with most everything you seek.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

BearsBisonsBoars

Quote from: Seebs on January 30, 2015, 04:50:49 pm

But Hogville is the A1.

It's that important.

SooiecidetillNuttgone

His response to me:
Quote from: hawginbigd1 on October 13, 2016, 11:48:33 am
So everyone one of the nationalized incidents were justified? There is no race problems with policing? If that is what you believe.....well bless your heart, it must be hard going through life with the obstacles you must have to overcome. Do they send a bus to come pick you up?

redeye

The biggest recruit left on our board is Toby Weathersby; a high 4-star OT who decommitted from Texas after the Texas Bowl.  He was down to Arkansas, LSU and Ole Miss, but most experts think it's Arkansas.  He's supposed to announce on NSD.

There don't appear to be any surprises on NSD, but you never know with recruiting.

Overall, we have a great class and it's strong from top to bottom.  The players of this class seem to have outstanding character, as well.  It probably won't be our highest ranked class in modern times, but it has the potential to be the best.

This thread is missing the famous SLEEPER recruit that I know someone on here knows exactly who it is but cannot muster the name due to swearing he wouldn't tell.  I mean some years we have 2 or 3 of these can't miss, high star, recruits that will be known on NSD.  We absolutely must have this recruit because the next really huge thread after this will be spring ball when we are showing hardly any of our play book on O or D so as not to tip off the competition.  Equally as important, If BA has a terrible Spring game, it will be because BB and Enos would only call plays that were near impossible to execute with the players around Brandon and the defense being played at that exact time and its all done that way so the competition won't be able to get a handle on just how good we really are, especially at the QB position.  These threads keep us all in suspense for the next several months and assist us in getting through the dogs days of summer.

ricepig

Quote from: 12247 on January 30, 2015, 06:54:25 pm
This thread is missing the famous SLEEPER recruit that I know someone on here knows exactly who it is but cannot muster the name due to swearing he wouldn't tell.  I mean some years we have 2 or 3 of these can't miss, high star, recruits that will be known on NSD.  We absolutely must have this recruit because the next really huge thread after this will be spring ball when we are showing hardly any of our play book on O or D so as not to tip off the competition.  Equally as important, If BA has a terrible Spring game, it will be because BB and Enos would only call plays that were near impossible to execute with the players around Brandon and the defense being played at that exact time and its all done that way so the competition won't be able to get a handle on just how good we really are, especially at the QB position.  These threads keep us all in suspense for the next several months and assist us in getting through the dogs days of summer.

Well, thinking back, our defense was much improved and most didn't realize it.

PorkSoda

"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

urkillnmesmalls

Well, it will be early February, so probably a little cloudy, around 40 degrees or so.  Probably just a light jacket unless the wind blows. 
I've never wanted a Hog coach to be successful more than I do for Pittman.  He's one of the good guys.

ricepig

I don't pay attention until the fax is received in the BAC.

urkillnmesmalls

Quote from: ricepig on January 30, 2015, 07:42:14 pm
I don't pay attention until the fax is received in the BAC.

I don't pay attention, cause I got the ADD.   ;D
I've never wanted a Hog coach to be successful more than I do for Pittman.  He's one of the good guys.

PigTimePlayer

Quote from: BOAR_N2BWILD on January 30, 2015, 02:03:32 pm
I hope it has balloons and dry erase boards like when Hootie was here. LOL

LOL . . . that was a great, somebody needs to re-post that picture. It is hilarious. Had a recruit's name misspelled also if I remember correctly.
Advice for reading posts on Hogville:  Think about how stupid the average person is.  Then, remember that half of the people are more stupid than that.  So relax and take it easy on 'em.

Razorbacks - Titans - Whoever Plays the Cowboys

scruf

Quote from: PigTimePlayer on January 31, 2015, 03:07:31 pm
LOL . . . that was a great, somebody needs to re-post that picture. It is hilarious. Had a recruit's name misspelled also if I remember correctly.

[attachment deleted by admin]

PonderinHog

Quote from: PigTimePlayer on January 31, 2015, 03:07:31 pm
Knowing Ole Miss, the recruit probably misspelled it.