Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Santino hangs it up

Started by jbcarol, July 08, 2014, 04:23:05 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

jbcarol

WWE superstar Santino Marella (real name Anthony Carelli) announced his retirement from in-ring competition during a WWE live event in Toronto

QuoteMarella, who is an Ontario native, said the he was hanging up his wrestling boots due to a number of issues with his neck. He recently opened up a wrestling and mixed martial arts school in Toronto.

Marella signed a developmental deal with the WWE in 2005. He debuted on WWE television in 2007 and won the WWE Intercontinental Championship in his first match by pulling off an upset over the late Umaga.

[Pulled him out the crowd in Italy and he got a big assist from Lashley.]
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

Eddie Goodson

July 08, 2014, 05:31:01 pm #1 Last Edit: July 08, 2014, 05:46:17 pm by Eddie Goodson
I am a Santino fan. As good of a comedic wrestler as has been in a long while. He did some stuff so absurd that you'd find yourself laughing at the sheer silliness of it. He could wrestle to boot.

"I already won the lottery. I was born in the US of A, baby. And as backup, I have a Swiss passport." — Creed Bratton

Richard_white

The one where he did the splits (Melina entrance) was funny.  Another one when he was in the ring with the divas a few years a go when he started dancing was hilarious,

HogScoutMaster

Fast Forwarded through most of his matches
"A week of camp life is worth six months of
theoretical teaching in the meeting room."

motownhog

He had some great comedy moments.
I'm a grandson of the southland boys, an heir to the confederacy

hvsupastar

The summer where he was ic champ and he compared himself to honky tonk man every week with the Honk a meter was gold. My favorite thing he ever did
"Do not believe everything you read on the internet just because it has quotations next to the image of someone prominent" - Abraham Lincoln

ThrillaHog

Quote from: DewUar88 on July 09, 2014, 12:41:17 pm
Fast Forwarded through most of his matches

This. He was great for the kids though..

Ragnar Hogbrok

He was a very animated character.  WWE needed/needs someone like him.

His theme music was/is awesome.
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." ― H.L. Mencken

Hogville prediction formula:

1.  Insert bad news prediction. A loss, a recruit going elsewhere, a coach leaving, etc.
2.  Tag "hope I'm wrong," on the end.
3a.  Enjoy a correct prediction.
3b.  Act like you're relieved you're wrong and celebrate with everyone else.

Doug

He's the modern era's version of Doink The Clown. *Very* solid wrestler, would help put anyone over, while still having a very likeable character. That was the main reason why the WWE had a hard time getting him over as a heel.

Not one of my favorite wrestlers, but I for damn sure respect his work ethic and talents. :)
--Doug
Full time Web Developer, Sports junkie and Sports Personality

@BearlyDoug  |  @GridironHistory  |  @Hogville
TheFan.net | BearlyDoug.com | My plugins on WordPress.org | GridironHistory.com

(If you have a tech question, please post in the Help forum, instead of private messaging or emailing me (unless I request it). Thanks!)

BigSexyHog

He was a major spare and one of the reasons why I stopped watching along with that no talent over rated Daniel Bryan.   Won't miss him at all.
Lebron raised money for kids... Rotnei stole crap from the equipment room

hvsupastar

Quote from: BigSexyHog on July 15, 2014, 03:37:58 pm
along with that no talent over rated Daniel Bryan.

You serious junior?
"Do not believe everything you read on the internet just because it has quotations next to the image of someone prominent" - Abraham Lincoln

The_Iceman

BigSexyHog

Quote from: hvsupastar on July 15, 2014, 03:40:50 pm
You serious junior?

Yes, I don't like either.   Both are boring to me.

hvsupastar

Quote from: BigSexyHog on August 21, 2014, 11:56:30 am
Yes, I don't like either.   Both are boring to me.

How could Daniel Bryan possibly be boring?

Eddie Goodson

Better yet, who does he find not boring? If DB is biring, I've got to hear who isn't.
"I already won the lottery. I was born in the US of A, baby. And as backup, I have a Swiss passport." — Creed Bratton

BigSexyHog

I like Randy Orton, Kane, and a few others.  The list is longer for people I don't like and find boring then ones who I find fun to watch. ....

BigSexyHog

Plus that stupid yes yes yes crap sucks.  So stupid and boring.   Enough just for that to make me turn the channel.

Dr. Starcs

Yes yes yes is much better than what what what IMO

hvsupastar

Eddie Goodson

hvsupastar

BigSexyHog

Oh I agree the what what what drives me up the wall.   Instant change the channel

SwinerBock

Oh come on.  What what what is a classic.

Eddie Goodson

Quote from: SwinerBock on August 24, 2014, 03:57:20 pm
Oh come on.  What what what is a classic.
When Austin does it, yes. When fans do it fifteen years later, no. Yes chants are fans being engaged in what is going on in the ring. The what chants are fans disrupting what is going on in the ring.

who knows

I personally am a fan of both chants...
Quote from: Ftsmithmike on October 07, 2011, 03:56:29 pm
This is what Game Day should look like.