Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Vince McMahon loses $350 Million in one day

Started by ThrillaHog, May 20, 2014, 03:40:10 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ThrillaHog

http://www.thepostgame.com/blog/dish/201405/wwe-ceo-vince-mcmahon-loses-350-million-third-his-fortune-one-day

This WWE Network has really cost vince some major major coin. This along with the T.V. deal that was way less than forecasted has cost vince a total of about $700 Million. The "Genetic Jackhammer" is no longer a billionaire.

Hogwop

Wow! Kind of surprising to see them take such a big loss. I've been pretty pleased with the product they've been putting out this year so far (at least compared to the past 5 years or so) and figured they'd take a hit but not near as bad as this.
Pigga what?!
Quote from: PonderinHog on April 16, 2018, 10:27:02 amAn emoji is worth a hundred words.
9-07-1958 - 12-2-2011 R.I.P Mom, I will always miss you and love you.

Eddie Goodson

Technically, he is about where he was a short time ago. The stock inflated and then went back down once the tv deal was less than expected.
"I already won the lottery. I was born in the US of A, baby. And as backup, I have a Swiss passport." — Creed Bratton

Richard_white

This is will hurt WWE Network subscribers in the long run.  The product as a whole is not worth more than what I'm paying for it already.  If it goes up I will drop it once the 6 months is over.

hogsanity

The stock drop had little to do with the Network, and ALOT to do with the new tv deal. Analysts were expecting the deal to be anywhere from 75% to 150% increase over the previous deal, but ended up being only about a 50% increase.  Wall Street does not like surprises like that.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE