Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Arkansas CWS game thread - Hogs headed home ........LSU 14 Razorbacks 5

Started by Hogtropolis™, May 29, 2009, 10:30:13 am

Previous topic - Next topic

nesjunk

Quote from: hillbilly on May 30, 2009, 10:16:13 pm
Texas has thrown their closer 9 innings. Good call Horns.

Horns just finished their 14th straight without a run.  Going to the bottom of the 16th.  Something's gotta give...

chiefsfan

I feel like this game has taken a few years of my life to complete
Honor and Integrity no longer exist in the world of college football.  It is only filled with liar's cheater's, and traitors.

Horns usually have 3 or 4 pitchers that can pull good to great duty. 

PigDaddyKane

ut and bc now to bottom of 16th, still tied 2-2.

ut has 15 hits but only 2 runs.  bc has 5 hits.  Army is the team in the losers bracket, you wonder how the loser of ut and bc will do tomorrow.
The only person on Hogville without an inside source for Razorback news!

Clint Alan

"It isn't hard to be good from time to time in sports. What's tough is being good every day." - Willie Mays

donewithdale

Quote from: 12247 on May 30, 2009, 10:14:02 pm
Yeah and if OU were hitting tonight like we are, we would likely be down around 19 to 13 and sure enough offense would win.  Eibner gave us several great innings of pitching and the bats have done an execellent job tonight.  I wonder how many times this year we have scored 13 in a game.  Don't know but likely not many if any others.  We absolutely cannot waste this effort because we stay with a pitcher until he lets them throw up a six pack or so of runs.

Eibner did make enough pitches and had good movement on the slider to get outs despite leaving the ball up.  But you do realize that Eibner is the one who loaded the bases?  He had been missing the plate the first 5 innings and was throwing a lot of high pitches.  It was inevitable for OU to put something together.   

Hoggies

Quote from: Snoop Hoggy Hog on May 30, 2009, 10:17:17 pm
And Queen James wouldn't even shake hands, he ran to the locker room

did not see that...but, it would not surprise me in the least.

NMMIHog

chiefsfan

Funny line from OU announcer tonight  "Caleb Haren has thrown 12 innings all year.  You can throw that in one night for Texas"
Honor and Integrity no longer exist in the world of college football.  It is only filled with liar's cheater's, and traitors.

Clint Alan

"It isn't hard to be good from time to time in sports. What's tough is being good every day." - Willie Mays

Clint Alan

15 hits sounds like a bunch, but it isn't even one hit per inning.  Whoever wins that game will still feel like a loser. 

Prosciutto

Quote from: PigDaddyKane on May 30, 2009, 10:18:33 pm

ut has 15 hits but only 2 runs.  bc has 5 hits.  Army is the team in the losers bracket, you wonder how the loser of ut and bc will do tomorrow.

I bet Army hopes it's daylight when that game is over.

010HogFan

Quote from: chiefsfan on May 30, 2009, 10:20:14 pm
Funny line from OU announcer tonight  "Caleb Haren has thrown 12 innings all year.  You can throw that in one night for Texas"

haha, I chuckled too.

hogfan064

PigDaddyKane

Chuck has an interesting point about tomorrow's loser game.  Starts at 1:00 in 90 degree heat.  You wonder what the winner of that game will have left for the Sunday evening game.

Clint Alan

chiefsfan

Okay Mike  Calm down.  1st and 3rd 2 outs.  Get out of this

cmevere1027

texas reliever has pitched 9 2/3 of no-hit ball wow!!!

1967 Grad

Clint Alan

Bad Guy

Ks

TEAM            1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9      R   H   E
Oklahoma       1   0   0   0   0   5   0   0          6   10   0
Arkansas        4   0   2   1   3   3   0              13  17  0

0 runs, 2 hits, 2 men left

Publius

Quote from: PigDaddyKane on May 30, 2009, 10:18:33 pm

That post says it all about why I love baseball...it is a metaphor for life...you just never know what kind of quirky thing it may throw at you and you take it one pitch at a time

PigDaddyKane

1967 Grad

hogfan064

Interesting stat on the Texas-BC marathon.  The Texas reliever has now thrown 121 pitches and has yet to allow a hit

Hoggies

Quote from: 12247 on May 30, 2009, 10:21:29 pm
15 hits sounds like a bunch, but it isn't even one hit per inning.  Whoever wins that game will still feel like a loser.

really? tell that to those kids that just won and have to win one more.

PigDaddyKane

how many of you guys are communication multi-tasking?  I'm listening to Chuck, watching the game on the net and following the tread. 

PigDaddyKane

Clint Alan

Hoggies

hogfan064

Quote from: Hoggies on May 30, 2009, 10:25:06 pm

really? tell that to those kids that just won and have to win one more.

That's right.  The loser basically has played 2 games today and will need to play 3 games the next 2 days to make it to the Supers

Clint Alan

Publius

Quote from: PigDaddyKane on May 30, 2009, 10:25:28 pm
how many of you guys are communication multi-tasking?  I'm listening to Chuck, watching the game on the net and following the tread. 
Count me in...I am getting updates via Hogville and keeping a friend updated on Facebook...amazing

Bosshog479

hey, where will we end up if we win this regional and is there anyway we could host a super?

I did know Eibner was who loaded the bases but we did have two outs.  It is easy to have hindsight but if we bring in Boslinger and he gets the first man out and no runs score and then we score 3 before he has to go out again, we might have gone to another pitcher.  Of course that likely would have been Murphy and we might still be with him out there and we might be down by now, who knows.  In any event I am glad we scored right back and it looks like we might yet save this game. 

1967 Grad

Quote from: PigDaddyKane on May 30, 2009, 10:25:28 pm

Ditto, plus watching Cards and following 2 fantasy teams......lol

Clint Alan

Publius

Quote from: 1967 Grad on May 30, 2009, 10:28:14 pm
Ditto, plus watching Cards and following 2 fantasy teams......lol
How are the Cards doing?

Clint Alan

whatsshakinbacon

hogfan064

Saw an interesting stat on the UVA-Irvine game.  Since 05 UVA has traveled to Corvallis, Fullerton, and now Irvine for regionals.  3 regionals in 5 years where they have had to travel 2,800 miles.  Almost makes you feel sorry for the Hoos

NMMIHog

Clint Alan

Clint Alan

Clint Alan

Publius

hillbilly

Hoggies

Quote from: Publius on May 30, 2009, 10:27:22 pm
Count me in...I am getting updates via Hogville and keeping a friend updated on Facebook...amazing

ya know, I have differing thoughts on things such as facebook, youtube, twitter, cell phones, etc...this is for another thread if I even desire to go there...it just in some way really bothers me...and of course I will get hammered for anything I say about it...but then again, this is liberal America.

sorry...had to vent a tad...twitter...LMAO...so sad.

Publius

Clint Alan