Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Texas

Started by riccoar, April 05, 2017, 10:21:13 am

Previous topic - Next topic

riccoar

I've been anticipating this race since the repave.  Wonder what kind of speeds we will see?

holeinthewall

Quote from: riccoar on April 05, 2017, 10:21:13 am
I've been anticipating this race since the repave.  Wonder what kind of speeds we will see?

They flattened turns 1 & 2 so I would expect slower speeds.  Not much but enough to make a difference.

QuoteBut the biggest difference for Texas Motor Speedway will not be the new surface. Rather, it is the decrease in banking in Turns 1 and 2, which have gone from 24 degrees to 20.

https://www.frontstretch.com/2017/04/05/nascar-mailbox-how-will-texas-motor-speedways-repave-change-racing-in-the-lone-star-state/

hawginbigd1

Maybe they smoothed out those turns, I sat in turn 1 a few years ago and the cars were hitting a dip in the turn and 3 wheels were liable to come off the ground.

ImHogginIt

Can't wait til Sunday. Wished I would have bought seats in turn 1 now instead of 4.

Racinray

The Xfinity race is a crash fest. Should've left it alone.

ImHogginIt

First part of race was dicey until track got rubbered up. Then the race became a snooze fest like always. 2nd place car finished 2 seconds back and 3rd place was 20 sec back. Only 9 cars on the lead lap.

hawginbigd1

Quote from: ImHogginIt on April 08, 2017, 06:21:35 pm
First part of race was dicey until track got rubbered up. Then the race became a snooze fest like always. 2nd place car finished 2 seconds back and 3rd place was 20 sec back. Only 9 cars on the lead lap.
Bunch of changes by Eddie and we wind up with the same boring crap LOL! Only decent racing I have seen in my trips there have been trucks and Indy. I have actually fell asleep errr passed out a couple times there.

holeinthewall

Looks like it could be another good day for the the Fords. 

ImHogginIt

Quote from: hawginbigd1 on April 09, 2017, 03:35:12 am
Bunch of changes by Eddie and we wind up with the same boring crap LOL! Only decent racing I have seen in my trips there have been trucks and Indy. I have actually fell asleep errr passed out a couple times there.

Grateful for stage racing and I hope there are a number of cautions. Restarts are the only thing fun to watch there. As for the long green flag runs there where cars get so spread out, my wife says it is more exciting to watch cars drive by on the freeway  :-[

But for some reason she still likes to go and will be there with me today

Buff

Quote from: holeinthewall on April 09, 2017, 07:34:56 am
Looks like it could be another good day for the the Fords. 

Anyone but Toyota

Racinray

Quote from: ImHogginIt on April 09, 2017, 07:51:55 am

But for some reason she still likes to go and will be there with me today
I think it's in all of our blood, we get on message boards and gripe and gripe, but when the gates open we are always there. There's a few local dirt tracks in the area that all of us locals complain about, but we always show up. :)

Racinray

Why couldn't there been two more laps...........anybody but the 48. :puke:

ImHogginIt

Boring Texas as always. We left with 70 laps left. Lots and lots of empty seats today as usual. They should have narrowed the track not widened it.

hawginbigd1

Quote from: ImHogginIt on April 09, 2017, 05:25:41 pm
Boring Texas as always. We left with 70 laps left. Lots and lots of empty seats today as usual. They should have narrowed the track not widened it.
I have wondered what might be if they moved the wall back coming off 2, would they run in there 2 or 3 wide like Indy cars do?

ImHogginIt

Quote from: hawginbigd1 on April 10, 2017, 04:34:23 pm
I have wondered what might be if they moved the wall back coming off 2, would they run in there 2 or 3 wide like Indy cars do?

Honestly I doubt there is anything that can be done there to keep the cars from getting spread out. They could maybe make the turns all 30 degrees and make it a restrictor plate race :-)

riccoar

I think over time turns 1 and 2 will improve as they get more rubber and wear.  Early in the race you had to be down low but near the end, cars were able to be 2 wide going through there.

hawginbigd1

Quote from: ImHogginIt on April 10, 2017, 07:38:34 pm
Honestly I doubt there is anything that can be done there to keep the cars from getting spread out. They could maybe make the turns all 30 degrees and make it a restrictor plate race :-)
I am down I love plate racing ;D