Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

OFFICIAL post your picks thread (sports investing)

Started by WILL CLINTON, August 28, 2011, 09:41:36 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawgndaaz

wow, got smoked today.

pushed falcons but missed pats and the over big.

Hooch

Quote from: Hawgndaaz on January 20, 2013, 10:53:47 pm
wow, got smoked today.

pushed falcons but missed pats and the over big.

Not great for me ended up 1-1 NFL, and lost my NCAAB bet so now I am at 8-5 on CBB

HogFanInBryant

Quote from: HogFanInBryant on January 20, 2013, 09:22:06 pm
I do already have word from my buddy that the Reno handicapper has come with a 5 star strong play on Texas +7 tomorrow against Oklahoma.

wow I can't take anymore of these kind of games being decided by free throws and crap, I won bc OU only won by 6 but I think I am losing years off my life from the stress, geez!

Hawgndaaz

Quote from: HogFanInBryant on January 21, 2013, 10:41:41 pm
wow I can't take anymore of these kind of games being decided by free throws and crap, I won bc OU only won by 6 but I think I am losing years off my life from the stress, geez!

Everyone was on Texas. I forgot I had bet them last night when i flipped to espn. I rolled my eyes and assumed i had been duped when they were down by 10+ with 3 minutes to go. Turned it off and woke up with more money in my account :)

McKdaddy

Someone will probably suggest for you to lower your bet size to reduce the stress, but I've got a buddy that stresses over a bet regardless of the money involved.
Don't buy upgrades, ride up grades.

"You are everything that is wrong with this place . . . Ban me"

"CPI, ex-food and energy, is only good for an anorexic pedestrian"--Art Cashin

Hooch

Alright really wanted to bet more games tonight but don't especially like any of the lines but these two. 

Kansas -4
Mizzou -14

Was thinking that Wisky game would probably be around a pick em, and was going to bet them because they are really hot, but I ain't touching -6 vs a ranked team.  That being said they could easily kill them. 

Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson

That's just gambling my man. Uncanny how often Vegas is so close with their lines in all sports. 
Let's make some waves.

Hawgndaaz

Quote from: Hooch on January 22, 2013, 04:49:32 pm
Alright really wanted to bet more games tonight but don't especially like any of the lines but these two. 

Kansas -4
Mizzou -14

Was thinking that Wisky game would probably be around a pick em, and was going to bet them because they are really hot, but I ain't touching -6 vs a ranked team.  That being said they could easily kill them. 

I think mizzou has 2 players out but not 100% confirmed.

i played the Mich state/Wiscy game, took MSU +200 ML

HogFanInBryant

Quote from: Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson on January 22, 2013, 05:00:39 pm
That's just gambling my man. Uncanny how often Vegas is so close with their lines in all sports. 

This is so true but man it seems like I have had to sweat out every win and loss lately no matter if its in bball or fball.  If I could just win every bet in a blowout it would be so much easier, that's not too much to ask is it LOL?

Hooch

I played a couple teasers tonight.

Miss -5
VCU -5
Michigan -11

and

Florida st -1
Mairst +17.5
Muray st -3.5

HogFanInBryant

I love Vandy getting 12 at Missouri.  No service pick on this, I just did some research and I actually think Vandy matches up really good and actually has a good chance to win this game outright, much less catching the 12 pts.  I am gonna hit this game hard......minimum $150 and maybe more.

LGHOG

I know it's still early but how is everyone leaning/thinking of the Super Bowl. Currently the Ravens are -4 and the total is 47. I'm leaning 49ers +4 and the over. Haven't bet it yet.

McKdaddy

Quote from: LGHOG on January 30, 2013, 10:47:52 am
I know it's still early but how is everyone leaning/thinking of the Super Bowl. Currently the Ravens are -4 and the total is 47. I'm leaning 49ers +4 and the over. Haven't bet it yet.

Ravens are the dog, +4, +3.5 or other + number, depending on one's site.

Huckleberry Pig

McKdaddy

WILL CLINTON

Quote from: McKdaddy on January 30, 2013, 05:24:47 pm
I like the Ravens also.

Last pick till August....Ravens +4

Last lean till August....over 47.

Waiting on Jeff to chime in though.
There is no sacred ground for the conquered.

LGHOG

Quote from: WILL CLINTON on January 31, 2013, 02:43:16 pm

In an earlier post I wrongly stated 9ers -4. I am also leaning Ravens and the Over.

Huckleberry Pig

Quote from: WILL CLINTON on January 31, 2013, 02:43:16 pm

I've already chimed in, what more could you need?   ;)

McKdaddy

Quote from: Huckleberry Pig on February 01, 2013, 10:32:29 am
I've already chimed in, what more could you need?   ;)

Exactly, if my lifetime win % of 40% doesn't give you confidence, then you're SOL.

Well I hate this game. As a steeler fan I hate the Ravens.  Don't want 49ers to win number six and tie the Steelers for all time wins. That being said I couldn't stand Ray Lewis.

I will make a 1 unit play on Ravens +4, but woul bet either team +4

I am playing under 48 / 5 units.
Let's make some waves.

LGHOG

I sure whiffed on that under call.

For two teams with supposedly good defenses they both played horribly last night.
Let's make some waves.

Hawgndaaz

Quote from: LGHOG on February 04, 2013, 12:55:43 am
Took the Ravens and the over.

i did too.

I really enjoyed playing a bunch of small player and team props last night. hit 4/5 10 dollar bets. keeps you even more interested in personnel, kind of like fantasy football.

Huckleberry Pig

I'd like to do some reading on sports betting this offseason, any suggestions on a good book?  Know there are a ton of crappy ones out there

McKdaddy

Huckleberry Pig

Hawgndaaz

thinking about betting golf. the pebble beach pro/am is this weekend. would go real small since the odds aren't great.

Phil 7-1
DJ 6-1
Sned 12-1

Playing the Pens tonight over the islanders. Revenge game.

2.5 units to win 2
Let's make some waves.

Hawgndaaz

McKdaddy

Quote from: McKdaddy on February 04, 2013, 07:03:00 pm
UF -10 (bought the hook), tomorrow night

Good loss for me tonight...no, great loss!

McKdaddy

Hawgndaaz

Quote from: McKdaddy on February 05, 2013, 08:11:37 pm
Good call on the Hogs.

#KeepTheFaith

i really didn't bet on faith i swear!

statistically 2 digit home dogs in conference play fair pretty well.

we all know arkansas is jekyle/hyde at home and on the road.

felt great about taking them. also double down at half when they were +10

McKdaddy

Quote from: Hawgndaaz on February 05, 2013, 08:15:23 pm
i really didn't bet on faith i swear!

Ha, I didn't mean to imply you did. I was unclear.

But having said "keep the faith", I want to -- we all do -- but we have a (gulp) road game coming up.

Huckleberry Pig

WILL CLINTON

Quote from: Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson on February 05, 2013, 04:53:07 pm
Playing the Pens tonight over the islanders. Revenge game.

2.5 units to win 2

Now you pick NHL?? 

Just so I'm not surprised anymore, any other sports you pick, rugby or crickey maybe? lol
There is no sacred ground for the conquered.

Quote from: WILL CLINTON on February 06, 2013, 11:48:05 pm
Now you pick NHL?? 

Just so I'm not surprised anymore, any other sports you pick, rugby or crickey maybe? lol

Lol Will. I said a long time ago that I play a little NHL, and Baseball, and do very well at both. I just don't play as much on those. How you like that two unit winner to start it off.

Yes I do play rugby and know a GREAT deal about it.  Not only national teams springboks, allblacks, and such, but also South African club teams blue bulls, sharks, free state cheetahs and so forth and so on.  Just don't post here because I wouldn't imagine much interest.

Cricket = a big fat no!
Let's make some waves.

Hawgndaaz

I dont know jack about hockey, especially betting. I would love to tail a few of your hockey bets a week just for fun. i've always wanted reason to keep up with that sport and betting would surely do just that.

Quote from: Hawgndaaz on February 07, 2013, 01:42:18 pm
I dont know jack about hockey, especially betting. I would love to tail a few of your hockey bets a week just for fun. i've always wanted reason to keep up with that sport and betting would surely do just that.

This is the honest truth. Go to an NHL game. Sit fairly close but not behind the boards unless you wanna bang on them while the checking is going on and learn the basic rules. You will love it.  For hockey newbies the HD tv makes following the puck much easier, and the more you watch the more you know where to look for it. Great game. Already bought my 2 year old his first hockey stick and Rollie puck.
Let's make some waves.

Huckleberry Pig

Quote from: Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson on February 07, 2013, 02:08:14 pm
This is the honest truth. Go to an NHL game. Sit fairly close but not behind the boards unless you wanna bang on them while the checking is going on and learn the basic rules. You will love it.  For hockey newbies the HD tv makes following the puck much easier, and the more you watch the more you know where to look for it. Great game. Already bought my 2 year old his first hockey stick and Rollie puck.

Love watching hockey.  As a former soccer player the puck movement reminds me very much of indoor soccer.  From what I've watched it seems they always try to have a triangle formed off the guy who has the puck to give him options; you also have lots of overlaps and switching of the point of attack and counter attacks as well.  Then you get the added bonus of checking and beating the dog crap out of eachother.  Their eye hand coordination and footwork are incredible. 

widespreadsooie

Been away for awhile and nothing good to report other than Ravens ML. I've been sh**ing the bed in NCAAB with a 5-8-1 record.

Hooch

Got a little cold so I backed off, but gonna roll again tonight. 

I like Texas AM +3.5 Mizzou hasn't won a game on the road in the SEC. 

I LOVE  NC State +12 their last 5 losses have been by a combined 14 pts so less than 3 pts per game.  They just took Miami to the wire, beat Duke at home by 10 and now a 12 dog, thats a big swing.

McKdaddy

NC St has moved from +10 to +11.5 in last few hours. You see why Hooch? I don't see anything, yet, but I'm looking.

McKdaddy

NC St's PG might or might not play tonight...ugh.

Huckleberry Pig

Quote from: McKdaddy on February 07, 2013, 06:51:41 pm
NC St's PG might or might not play tonight...ugh.

their backup isn't bad though, think he had 16pts or something the other night if im thinking of the right guy

McKdaddy

Quote from: Huckleberry Pig on February 07, 2013, 07:21:20 pm
their backup isn't bad though, think he had 16pts or something the other night if im thinking of the right guy

Yeah, he had a good game for a freshman against a top-10 team.

Huckleberry Pig

like the Ducks ML against the Stars if Fasth starts, but like the stars PL +1.5.  Leaning on the over of 5.

Ducks have one of the best PP% in the league (5th actually) and Dallas has been short-handed a league high 54 times, though they do have a solid PPK% of 83.3.  In the 4 games Fasth has started he has a .98 GAA and a .962 SV%.  Dallas has not beat a team that averages over 3 goals this season, Ducks average 3.4 (4th best in the league).  Dallas does have home ice advantage but being from Dallas I can tell you that it's not great.  Also, Dallas is only 2-2 at home while the Ducks are 3-1 on the road.  Like the Ducks here but think Dallas keeps it close. 

LGHOG

NBA tonight:

Toronto/Indiana over 189.
Washington -1.5
Spurs -5.

Huckleberry Pig

Quote from: Huckleberry Pig on February 08, 2013, 11:41:47 am
like the Ducks ML against the Stars if Fasth starts, but like the stars PL +1.5.  Leaning on the over of 5.

Ducks have one of the best PP% in the league (5th actually) and Dallas has been short-handed a league high 54 times, though they do have a solid PPK% of 83.3.  In the 4 games Fasth has started he has a .98 GAA and a .962 SV%.  Dallas has not beat a team that averages over 3 goals this season, Ducks average 3.4 (4th best in the league).  Dallas does have home ice advantage but being from Dallas I can tell you that it's not great.  Also, Dallas is only 2-2 at home while the Ducks are 3-1 on the road.  Like the Ducks here but think Dallas keeps it close.

Well the Ducks are starting Hiller tonight so I am taking the Over at 5 for $25.  Also like Dallas at +1.5 but its a -350 bet so not much value there.  Too much risk with too little reward.  I decided to parlay Dallas +1.5 with the Over at 5 for $25 to win $32.