Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

RB situation

Started by Headhog32, August 15, 2017, 06:34:37 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: tbhogfan on August 17, 2017, 09:51:16 am
David Williams is an experienced SEC running back who has yet to live up to his potential.   Against SEC competition, his yards per carry is pretty low, and he typically has one good run where he gains most of his yardage.  Against Florida last year, he had one carry for 9 yards, and six other carries for a total of 11 (1.2 per carry on his non big runs). 

Against the same Florida team, Whaley had one carry for 16 yards and 13 others for a total of 50 yards (3.8 per carry on non big runs).

Hopefully, a change of scenery will benefit Williams, but his stats show me a runner who either gets a big run or gets stuffed at the line in his three year SEC career.  I'm rooting for him, but certainly not counting on him.
totally different offense that requires a very "quick read" of the defense. In this offense, he'll have a fullback to lead him and it fits his skill set MUCH better than playing shotgun RB in the spread did.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

HamSammich

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on August 17, 2017, 11:29:43 am
totally different offense that requires a very "quick read" of the defense. In this offense, he'll have a fullback to lead him and it fits his skill set MUCH better than playing shotgun RB in the spread did.
In SC pure zone blocking I takes a quick read but the hole opens late. Its not suited to all RBs. The guy is gonna run a country mile here.

jgphillips3

We will miss RW3 because he was a great back and an amazing human being and teammate, but we have two experienced backs who can block in pass pro and two freshman who can explode so I'm not worried at all about our run game.  Hell, with AA finally having big fast guys at the wideouts, there may be gaping holes at the second level for these guys.

Headhog32

I watched Dan enos's. press conference this morning from the other day, listening to the way he talked about chase Hayden really got me excited. I think this dude could do huge things. but he also hasn't played a down of SEC football but I'm sure excited to see him get some carries

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Chase Hayden has hands too.!! Check out these highlights from The Nike Opening.
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

Headhog32

Quote from: OneTuskOverTheLine™ on August 18, 2017, 08:24:28 pm
Chase Hayden has hands too.!! Check out these highlights from The Nike Opening.

I hope we get to see this dude a lot this year! gets me excited watching this, I believe he's a stud

Headhog32

watching that video reminded me of a Joe Adams type of guy, but in a running back form. he's got some quick feet