Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2010 MLB Draft - Hogs/Hog Recruits Taken

Started by capehog, June 07, 2010, 06:06:40 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

capehog

June 07, 2010, 06:06:40 pm Last Edit: June 17, 2010, 10:42:11 am by Hogtropolis™
Current Senior Hogs Drafted
Bolsinger - Round 15 Pick 6 (451st overall) to the D-Backs
Heatley - Round 22 Pick 22 (677th overall) to the Marlins

Current Hogs Drafted Eligible to Return
Cox - Round 1 Pick 25 (25th overall) to Cardinals
Eibner - Round 2 Pick 4 (54th overall) to the Royals
Smyly - Round 2 Pick 18 (68th overall) to the Tigers
Wilkins - Round 5 Pick 13 (158th overall) to the White Sox
Kuhn - Round 15 Pick 18 (463rd overall) to the Tigers
Pratt - Round 16 Pick 18 (493rd overall) to the Tigers

Hog Recruits
Justin O'Conner - Round 1 Pick 31 (31st overall) to Rays
Ryne Stanek - Round 3 Pick 17 (99th overall) to the Mariners
Ben Wells - Round 7 Pick 15 (220th overall) to the Cubs
Robbie Ray - Round 12 Pick 1 (356th overall) to the Nationals
Jared Lakind - Round 23 Pick 2 (687th overall) to the Pirates
Dominic Fiociello - Round 23 Pick 18 (703rd overall) to the Tigers
Nolan Sanburn - Round 34 Pick 18 (1033rd overall) to the Tigers
Sam Bates - Round 39 Pick 22 (1187th overall) to the Marlins
Jeff Harvill - Round 40 Pick 26 (1221st overall) to the Phillies

Recruits Drafted with Ties to Arkansas
Hayden Simpson (SAU, Magnolia, AR) - Round 1 Pick 16 (16th overall) to the Cubs
Blake Forsythe (Tennessee, Logan's Brother) - Round 3 Pick 7 (89th overall) to the Mets
Zack Cates (NE Texas CC, Conway, AR) - Round 3 Pick 9 (91st overall) to the Padres
Houston Slemp (Former U of A OF) - Round 10 Pick 9 (304th overall) to the Padres
Tim Smalling (Former Hog SS) - Round 14 Pick 1 (416th overall) to the Naturals
Richie Tate (Marked Tree, AR High School) - Round 14 Pick 19 (434th overall) to the Braves
Adam Champion (UALR) - Round 24 Pick 8 (723rd overall) to the Astros
Jonathan Dooley (Henderson, DeQueen, AR) - Round 26 Pick 4 (779th overall) to the Royals
Murray Watts (Former Hog, Current ASU) - Round 28 Pick 4 (839th overall) to the Royals
Cole Lohdan (SAU) - Round 33 Pick 4 (989th overall) to the Royals
Andrew Whittington (SAU) - Round 33 Pick 6 (991st overall) to the D-Backs
Drew Benes (ASU) - Round 35 Pick 24 (1069th overall) to the Cardinals
Robert Dickmann (Pepperdine, --, AR) - Round 36 Pick 16 (1091st overall) to the Rays
James Mahler (Former Hog P) - Round 48 Pick 19 (1454th overall) to the Braves
Chad Yinger (SAU) - Round 48 Pick 29 (1464th overall) to the Angels

Pregame until the Hogs start I will update each pick until the hogs start or til I get tired.  ;)

http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/events/draft/y2010/draftlive_app.jsp
Quote from: Fatty McGee on October 26, 2010, 03:19:41 pm
I think we should beat anyone who has ideas that we disagree with and dares to make the public.  You're right on here.
Quote from: Overtheroadtruckdriver on April 28, 2010, 05:34:48 pm
Everyone and their dog on here turned in to dr. Phil. That's my favorite part. Everybody had advice. If I ever need advice, which is doubtful, hogville will be the last place I come for it.

Watching the rockets launch from the beach is way cool. Time for a new NASA to continue the mission. Crying shame we have a president that hates America. You people get what you deserve  #obamasfault

capehog

1st Pick Washing Nationals select Bryce Harper
I think we should beat anyone who has ideas that we disagree with and dares to make the public.  You're right on here.
Everyone and their dog on here turned in to dr. Phil. That's my favorite part. Everybody had advice. If I ever need advice, which is doubtful, hogville will be the last place I come for it.

Watching the rockets launch from the beach is way cool. Time for a new NASA to continue the mission. Crying shame we have a president that hates America. You people get what you deserve  #obamasfault

PigWig

capehog

2nd Pick Your Pitt Pirates select Jameson Taillen RHP Woodlands TX

ucahogfan

He is from the same high school that Brett Eibner went to.

jst01

I'd take Eibner before Cox if I were a GM with the decision.

capehog

3rd Pick Slick Ricks Baltimore Orioles select Manny Machado SS Miami FL

Killean

What are some of our recruits that we need to watch out for in the draft?  Incoming guys.. I know who to watch for on the team already :P
Everyone is born with the right to exist. When you become a Nazi you give up that right.

Hogtropolis™

Justin O'Connor and Robbie Ray are the main two.

capehog

4th Pick K.C. Royals select Christian Colon SS Cal St Ful.

Oliver

Hawgballz

Quote from: Hogtropolis™ on June 07, 2010, 06:25:23 pm
Justin O'Connor and Robbie Ray are the main two.

I think we stand a real chance to lose Bronson Gillham from Shreveport, LA.
Players Win Games And Winning Brings Players!

Shag66

capehog

5th Pick Chief Wahoo selects Drew Pomeranz P Ole Miss Rebels. Quick everyone run to Sonic for some rings and a cherry limeade

Boardon Hamsay

Curious to see if Cox goes to the Mets as projected in a few minutes.
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.

capehog

Quote from: Shag66 on June 07, 2010, 06:33:14 pm
You gotta get your Avatar back Cape!

I did not realize it was gone but I do have several browsers open to do this. Thanks. Still have not found who had yours possible slacker but dont know.

chiefsfan

Quote from: Oliver Miller on June 07, 2010, 06:32:38 pm
Come on...Cox to the Mets!

Id prefer either Cox or Bryce Brents of Middle Tennessee.   Corner outfielder with a plus plus arm and good power
Honor and Integrity no longer exist in the world of college football.  It is only filled with liar's cheater's, and traitors.

Hawgballz

chiefsfan

Alright.  Now its time to see if Cox goes here or not
Honor and Integrity no longer exist in the world of college football.  It is only filled with liar's cheater's, and traitors.

capehog

6th Pick Arizona Rattle Snakes Barret Loux RHP aTm

chiefsfan

Dear MLBNetwork   Please skip over all previous mets first round draft picks not named Ike Davis.   Its too painful to think about

Thanks again

ucahogfan

Quote from: capehog on June 07, 2010, 06:38:54 pm
6th Pick Arizona Rattle Snakes Barret Loux RHP aTm
This is a very interesting pick to me as I have never seen his name listed that high in any mock draft I have looked at.

Oliver

Come on Mets.  Don't screw up the draft too

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: ucahogfan on June 07, 2010, 06:39:50 pm
This is a very interesting pick to me as I have never seen his name listed that high in any mock draft I have looked at.

Must be going for signability.
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.

Hawgballz

3kgthog

Cox got a break there. The Mets? Get the eff outta here.

Boardon Hamsay

chiefsfan

Matt Harvey   hmmm   Id have preferred a bat

capehog

7th Pick New York Metropolitans select Matt Harvey RHP UNC Chap Hill

ucahogfan

The Mets must have thought that Cox will purely be a 3rd baseman in the pros as they definitely need a 2nd baseman.

Oliver

Way to complete frank something else up Mets.  Organization of morons.

chiefsfan

Quote from: 3kgthog on June 07, 2010, 06:43:33 pm
Cox got a break there. The Mets? Get the eff outta here.

Its not as bad as it used to be...

olivebranchhog

Whoo thank God ZC didn't go there. I would have some awkward moments at the ATL-NYM games.
Sometimes it takes a loss to make us realize what's really important

chiefsfan

Quote from: ucahogfan on June 07, 2010, 06:44:17 pm
The Mets must have thought that Cox will purely be a 3rd baseman in the pros as they definitely need a 2nd baseman.

Scouts are calling Cox a 3rd basemen now...  they dont like his defense enough for 2nd base...

ucahogfan

Ok, I really don't want him the NL East unless he is taking Chipper's place on the diamond in the near future.

capehog

8th Pick Houston Astros Delino DeShields Jr. 2nd Base College Park GA

3kgthog

Boardon Hamsay

chiefsfan

At least the Mets arent the astros.   thats a horrible pick

Harvey's terrible too because he's a projected reliever...yuck

Im hearing O'Conner to the Athletics here soon

hillbilly

ucahogfan

Quote from: capehog on June 07, 2010, 06:48:32 pm
8th Pick Houston Astros Delino DeShields Jr. 2nd Base College Park GA
LSU commit that will most likely not make it to campus.  You would have thought Manineri (sp.) would have learned his lesson last year.  Thank goodness he didn't!

olivebranchhog

ZC will probably fall to the A's or the blue birds.

capehog

9th Pick San Diego Padres select Karston Whitson RHP Chipley FL U of F recruit

olivebranchhog

Karsten is a very talented guy. His 2-seam is downright dirty.

ucahogfan

Quote from: capehog on June 07, 2010, 06:54:14 pm
9th Pick San Diego Padres select Karston Whitson RHP Chipley FL U of F recruit
Let's hope he never makes it to campus.

3kgthog

Did Gammons just say Chase Utley is going to the Hall of Fame? Uh, might want to hold off on that for awhile, Pete.

capehog

Oliver

Quote from: chiefsfan on June 07, 2010, 06:51:19 pm
At least the Mets arent the astros.   thats a horrible pick

Harvey's terrible too because he's a projected reliever...yuck

Im hearing O'Conner to the Athletics here soon

with consistent delivery issues.  We just drafted an Oliver Perez closer.  Yay!

olivebranchhog

Michael Choice reminds me of a Torii(like) player. You don't get an athlete like this that has the offensive skills that make you forget about the great defense he plays. Could be a very consistent hitter.