Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

BB Presser

Started by rzrbackramsfan, November 04, 2017, 07:23:46 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

bondhue

Quote from: The ColonelHog on November 05, 2017, 01:34:12 am
I couldn't remember the other battle rag flying poster other than Deltaboy but thanks for reminding me!  What does a Yankee have to do with anything?  If I remember correctly though, the Yankees won, so I will have more winners please!  LMAO!
Unfortunately our two yankees can't beat anything other than a bottom feeder team.  What are our signature wins lately?  And your #1 concern is political correctness?
That's a pretty girl.  I caught her twice.  12.5 pounds.  I hope she's still alive.

10thPlanet

1:02  His health really needs to improve.

sigpooie

Hey Pete was born and raised in sf ca. As far as calling these losers yankees, I think that we should just stick with knowledge and ability to run a football team. Long and blimpena have shown was what 5 years of their work can do. It's time to stephens-tyson-jones-walton they asses.
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride! Hunter "my buddy" Thompson

Nosboar Accubond

Most telling for me was when TJ said he'd never even practiced that screen play the he housed for 60+....

Let that sink in... he'd never ran that play until this game... he was surprised they called it with him in...

CBB never gives his other coaches credit, is turning into a defensive ass clown, and is FAR from demonstrating leadership qualities.

Bacons Rebellion

Quote from: TebowHater on November 04, 2017, 09:14:45 pm
Surprised his "I called that play" rant wasn't included.

Made a big deal about how "I made the decision as the head coach to go regular tempo and we scored. I made the decision as the head coach to run regular tempo and go out there and score a touchdown and win the game and that's what we did" Must have said I like six+ times with great emphasis

3:36 mark.

I agree. He started going on about "I made the decision as head coach not to go tempo and we won the game." I said "I called that play brother." He's resentful of fans being upset with him and his team and he's reassuring himself he's a good coach. Mentally done.

It didn't upset me. It made me wonder if he already knows he is gone at the end of the season.

RexMentor

The presser was concerning. CBB's attitude was argumentative, dismissive of the questions, defensive and not what one would expect of a coach who just won a game by one point that they should have won by 31 points.

twistitup

Quote from: Switchback on November 04, 2017, 08:13:09 pm
Who cares, all SEC coaches get made fun of for their sideline demeanor.

Link?
How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

hawgon

Quote from: The ColonelHog on November 05, 2017, 01:34:12 am
I couldn't remember the other battle rag flying poster other than Deltaboy but thanks for reminding me!  What does a Yankee have to do with anything?  If I remember correctly though, the Yankees won, so I will have more winners please!  LMAO!

Yankee has nothing to do with the Civil War.  It is simply a generic insult for someone from the north.  I could call him a fat loser and so on and so forth, but since being a Yankee is at least as shameful as any of that and the term applies to him, I use it.  There are many fine people from the North who have overcome this particular disability and unfortunate circumstance in life, but when the chips are down and you need a handy insult to hurl someone's way, Yankee is always acceptable for the true Arkansan.

Großer Kriegschwein

BAB has deflected much of the criticism over the last 5 years primarily because mainstream media figures have always written and asked questions where it was possible for him to give an answer that paints him and the program in a positive light. They had a vested interest in staying on the good side of the administration and staff.

Those questions are no longer getting asked. He is getting asked the critical questions that he probably should have been asked all along. There is no longer much worry about losing press credentials anymore. To pull one would be even more destructive to the staff's reputation.

The only way he can answer all these questions is to push past coachspeak into just incoherent babbling.
This is my non-signature signature.

twistitup

CBB is done....no matter what J Long says- he's done. His attitude, our play on the field, and lack of fans on Homecoming tells the story

The fans are done w CBB- J Long can't control that...

solitons

I felt CBB is ready to fight with anybody who asked him question, specially the negative question.
so he knows that his day as our head coach is ending soon.

longpig

Quote from: commonnonsense on November 05, 2017, 05:50:56 am
Go have sex with yourself!!  This type of comment is what pisses Southerners off so much. You think we're all lazy and stupid??  The reigning champ, Dabo Swinney, is from Alabama. How did he ever overcome his laziness and stupidity to beat the great Northerner Nick Saban?
Also laziness and stupidity is prevalent everywhere in our society now, see the great northern cities of Chicago and Baltimore.

Saban was born and raised in West Virginia. 
Don't be scared, be smart.

HogFansReunited

Did Long storm in and fire Bret at the end? That's all I want to know.
My girl told me to whisper something sexy in her ear...so I leaned in and said....Dominic Fletcher.

Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pm
Remember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!

Member #3568

Switchback

Quote from: twistitup on November 05, 2017, 07:03:24 am
Link?
No link, common knowledge.

Jones turns purple, Gus eats boogers and looks like he's about to take a dump, Muschamp is out of control, etc.

hotdog hog

Quote from: HogFansReunited on November 05, 2017, 10:41:18 am
Did Long storm in and fire Bret at the end? That's all I want to know.
I just hope our people are meeting this morning with his people. He seems to want to focus on the positive. That is the only positive resolution I can actually think of!

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: Nosboar Accubond on November 05, 2017, 06:47:33 am
Most telling for me was when TJ said he'd never even practiced that screen play the he housed for 60+....

Let that sink in... he'd never ran that play until this game... he was surprised they called it with him in...

CBB never gives his other coaches credit, is turning into a defensive ass clown, and is FAR from demonstrating leadership qualities.
I find it incredible, in not down right unbelievable, for a HC to say something like that and THEN the young man goes out and executes with a long TD. Gosh, I have to wonder what TJ could do if he actually got to practice such a play. Perhaps he might even be able to break one for 90+. BTW this "well the young man is still learning the play book" is total bull. He may have been battling some injuries the first year or so of his college career, but obviously that hasn't stopped him from being able to execute at a very high level and even bail ole Bret's rear out of the fire yesterday. And yet to hear CBB tell it this has all been planned like TJ is some "secret weapon" that we've been holding back to spring at just the right time. On second thought perhaps he is a "secret"-primarily to the coaching staff. Reading between the lines several of the players, including Kelly, were obviously mystified about why Hammonds isn't being used more.

hawgon

Watch for TJ to be much less effective in the last three games.  Why?  Because the idiot of a head coach will refuse to make him an every down player and the other teams will be keying on him whenever he is in there.  If you play him as a slot player, he will be much less effective, but this staff has never done anything smart.

longpig

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on November 05, 2017, 10:47:32 am
Anyone told you lately you're an arrogant ass ???

It only takes a few minutes to research who the top program's ADs and HCs are but you stereotypically chose the lazy and unintelligent insult. 

Tusks

That was the press conference of a coach that's been told he's not coming back next season.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: longpig on November 05, 2017, 10:58:32 am
It only takes a few minutes to research who the top program's ADs and HCs are but you stereotypically chose the lazy and unintelligent insult. 

His was not a lazy and unintelligent insult...it was a question.  A yes or no answer would have sufficed.
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

longpig

Quote from: tusked on November 05, 2017, 10:58:55 am
That was the press conference of a coach that's been told he's not coming back next season.

And nobody responding favorably to his love letters.

MTBrookHog

Quote from: JimDandy on November 04, 2017, 07:38:19 pm
A few bits that stood out to me, paraphrased.

*edit* yeah, started with obviously...

-On if we played down to a 1-7 team: Yeah but we had a good week of preparation.

-On not playing TJ Hammonds earlier in season, "negative people think negative thoughts. We'll play him moving forward and focus on the positive."
-Follow up question later regarding negativity of fans. "outside world looking in is hopefully happy we                   won the game. All the wins count the same. Gotta do a better job of executing our game plan to beat LSU. We don't really bring the outside world to our program."
        -also made a comment about how the negativity was coming from the reporter

-Didn't get any breaks, ball didn't bounce the right way, etc. etc.

-Was post-game a celebration? "Continue to move forward, have a great week of a preparation."

During the conference he came off as emotionless, other than flustered and annoyed with the questions.
I am sick of hearing this canned statement every week. OBVIOUSLY, we didn't to let a Sun Belt team beat us everywhere other than the scoreboard. So, OBVIOUSLY practices are more important than the games.

MissippHog

Quote from: 10thPlanet on November 05, 2017, 05:27:32 am
1:02  His health really needs to improve.
That will be his "out."  He'll "resign" at the end of the season to focus on his health.

Hoggish1

Quote from: rzrbackramsfan on November 04, 2017, 07:23:46 pm
http://www.wholehogsports.com/videos/2017/nov/04/13778/

Prepare to  :puke:

Where was the  :puke:?  Didn't make me  :puke:

I was glad to see BB have a little spunk in the presser. Maybe he channeled a little Saban.  If so, it's about time...

Hoggish1

Quote from: rzrbackramsfan on November 04, 2017, 07:28:51 pm
Omg a reporter said that after they scored to go up 2 tds in the fourth quarter the camera went to him and he had a glazed over look...

Say more?  Because you left out his response...

rzrbackramsfan

Quote from: Hoggish1 on November 05, 2017, 11:10:30 am
Say more?  Because you left out his response...

"Cause I didn't want you guys to see the word I was about to say!" 

Hoggish1

Quote from: bondhue on November 05, 2017, 01:42:15 am
Unfortunately our two yankees can't beat anything other than a bottom feeder team. 

That appears to be true.  I guess UK is the latest bottom feeder.

Art Vandelay

Quote from: longpig on November 05, 2017, 09:46:41 am

It's pretty impressive then that he's one all of those championships considering he's dumb and lazy.

RazorbacksFTW

Quote from: commonnonsense on November 05, 2017, 11:26:58 am
It's pretty impressive then that he's one all of those championships considering he's dumb and lazy.

rofl
It's won not one.

Tusks

Quote from: longpig on November 05, 2017, 09:46:41 am

So was Lou Holtz
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

longpig

FrankCourtneyNicodemus

Quote from: Hoggish1 on November 05, 2017, 11:09:37 am
Where was the  :puke:?  Didn't make me  :puke:

I was glad to see BB have a little spunk in the presser. Maybe he channeled a little Saban.  If so, it's about time...

Yeah. There's not a single difference between fielding the best team in CFB history and fielding the worst team in CFB history.

"Channeling a little Saban." I hope you're being sarcastic.

FrankCourtneyNicodemus

Quote from: Pigstie on November 04, 2017, 09:22:24 pm
BS ... if we were winning everyone would be saying what a great stoic calming presence he is on the sideline. When your losing everything is wrong.

Yes. If we were winning, I wouldn't mind the stupid look on his face. You are correct. Great point.

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: JimDandy on November 04, 2017, 07:38:19 pm
A few bits that stood out to me, paraphrased.

*edit* yeah, started with obviously...

-On if we played down to a 1-7 team: Yeah but we had a good week of preparation.

-On not playing TJ Hammonds earlier in season, "negative people think negative thoughts. We'll play him moving forward and focus on the positive."
-Follow up question later regarding negativity of fans. "outside world looking in is hopefully happy we                   won the game. All the wins count the same. Gotta do a better job of executing our game plan to beat LSU. We don't really bring the outside world to our program."
        -also made a comment about how the negativity was coming from the reporter

-Didn't get any breaks, ball didn't bounce the right way, etc. etc.

-Was post-game a celebration? "Continue to move forward, have a great week of a preparation."

During the conference he came off as emotionless, other than flustered and annoyed with the questions.
Bret has said every single week that the team has a great week of preparation. Why does it NEVER carry over into the game? I call bs.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

twistitup

Quote from: MissippHog on November 05, 2017, 11:07:14 am
That will be his "out."  He'll "resign" at the end of the season to focus on his health.

Possibly

Buff

His eyes are literally fattening shut, so it's about time.

Inhogswetrust

When coaches are getting densfensive in PC's then there are three guesses as to why:

1) was asked a dumb question

2) has never like PC's and is always defensive in them

3) knows thing are bad

I think we are all smart enough to know which one it is.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

HoggieStyle

Quote from: twistitup on November 05, 2017, 05:25:51 pm
Possibly

The old Urban Meyer method...

jrulz83

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on November 06, 2017, 07:22:44 am
When coaches are getting densfensive in PC's then there are three guesses as to why:

1) was asked a dumb question

2) has never like PC's and is always defensive in them

3) knows thing are bad

I think we are all smart enough to know which one it is.

I'd add 4 and 5 to the current head coach:

4) Got asked a "tough" question and never has faced one.

5) Is an arrogant braying ass that thinks he shouldn't be questioned.
Lenin is cautiously optimistic.

twistitup

Quote from: HoggieStyle on November 06, 2017, 10:23:54 am
The old Urban Meyer method...

Instead of saying "I failed"...it's "I'm dying"

A little different circumstances...Meyer actually won, but it was too stressful for him at FL and in the SEC. CBB's stress is coming from the opposite - losing - but the common denominator is the SEC - it's a grind that will take a toll on you.

CBB came in too LOUD and ARROGANT- he should of taken a more humble approach. Now he is eating humble pie....and it looks like lots of it, Jen must have a good recipe.

farmhawg

Quote from: jrulz83 on November 06, 2017, 10:41:52 am
I'd add 4 and 5 to the current head coach:

4) Got asked a "tough" question and never has faced one.

5) Is an arrogant braying ass that thinks he shouldn't be questioned.
I actually laughed out loud at #5.
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!