Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Peavey all Hog?

Started by The Recruiting Guy, November 03, 2012, 08:50:50 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

RICKHOGHEAD

He will be a great one! WPS!

proffitthog

whosiskid

I think the only way he doesn't become a Razorback is that we hire a coach who rubs him completely the wrong way. However, the great thing about Peavey is that even if we had a coach who went to the veer, Peavey would be perfect given his speed. I love Tyler Cogswell, but if we hired a coach who did not put in a pure pro set, I am afraid that he would decommit and go elsewhere. Peavey's arm and speed and running ability makes him a great QB in any offense.

Funny thing about the photo is that he looks so young there. He plays so maturely when you look at game footage of him. Hard to keep in mind just how young he is. With Cogswell and Austin Allen this year and Peavey next year, and hopefully Ty Storey the year after that, we are set at QB for a long time.
"It's no trick to make a lot of money...if all you want...is to make a lot of money." - Bernstein, in Citizen Kane

"What if you were given the task of entertaining yourself all day but were finished by noon?" - Kierkegaard

"The disposition to admire, and almost to worship, the rich and the powerful, and to despise, or, at least, to neglect, persons of poor and mean condition [is] the great and most universal cause of the corruption of our moral sentiments." - Adam Smith

"That's libertarians for you - anarchists who want police protection from their slaves." - Kim Stanley Robinson

Break & Run

Peavey will be an excellent player.  WOO PIG!
Quote from: Michael BernalWhat's your favorite Arkansas tradition?
"I can't be cliché and say 'Call the Hogs,' but I think I have to.  That's just something that sets our university apart.  When you're out on the field and everyone in the stadium stands up, it's amazing.  Even when we're at a football or basketball game, just to see that many people around you doing the same thing for you when you're on the field or for the other guys who are playing, it's pretty awesome."

whosiskid

On an interesting but ultimately irrelevant sidenote, right now 247 has the Hogs ranked #1 in the SEC in recruiting for 2014. Obviously that will change, but if we can hold on to our instate kids and get Raymond Wingo to go along with Peavey, we have a shot at one of our best recruiting classes in years. And that is without getting any other out of state kids other than Wingo and Peavey. And that would be true even if Frazier didn't commit. Even if Frazier went elsewhere, getting Jackson from El Dorado and Chuks Ota from Jonesboro would still give us our best crop of defensive tackles from instate in ages. I could see us taking 12 or more kids from instate in 2014.
"It's no trick to make a lot of money...if all you want...is to make a lot of money." - Bernstein, in Citizen Kane

"What if you were given the task of entertaining yourself all day but were finished by noon?" - Kierkegaard

"The disposition to admire, and almost to worship, the rich and the powerful, and to despise, or, at least, to neglect, persons of poor and mean condition [is] the great and most universal cause of the corruption of our moral sentiments." - Adam Smith

"That's libertarians for you - anarchists who want police protection from their slaves." - Kim Stanley Robinson

Tim Harris

Quote from: whosiskid on November 04, 2012, 10:46:49 am
On an interesting but ultimately irrelevant sidenote, right now 247 has the Hogs ranked #1 in the SEC in recruiting for 2014. Obviously that will change, but if we can hold on to our instate kids and get Raymond Wingo to go along with Peavey, we have a shot at one of our best recruiting classes in years. And that is without getting any other out of state kids other than Wingo and Peavey. And that would be true even if Frazier didn't commit. Even if Frazier went elsewhere, getting Jackson from El Dorado and Chuks Ota from Jonesboro would still give us our best crop of defensive tackles from instate in ages. I could see us taking 12 or more kids from instate in 2014.

I'm hoping we get all 3 of the big DL.  Arkansas produces so few of those players we have to close the deal on the few we do have.

I haven't looked far enough ahead to know if there are 12+ players we would sign but I can't remember a class where we had that many.

Tim Harris

Quote from: whosiskid on November 04, 2012, 02:01:50 am
I think the only way he doesn't become a Razorback is that we hire a coach who rubs him completely the wrong way. However, the great thing about Peavey is that even if we had a coach who went to the veer, Peavey would be perfect given his speed. I love Tyler Cogswell, but if we hired a coach who did not put in a pure pro set, I am afraid that he would decommit and go elsewhere. Peavey's arm and speed and running ability makes him a great QB in any offense.

Funny thing about the photo is that he looks so young there. He plays so maturely when you look at game footage of him. Hard to keep in mind just how young he is. With Cogswell and Austin Allen this year and Peavey next year, and hopefully Ty Storey the year after that, we are set at QB for a long time.

Hopefully Cogswell sticks around.  I know you don't ever want to think of playing a freshman but without him we would be dangerously thin.

Right now the only QBs we know for sure will be here at B. Mitchell and B. Allen.

Peavey and then possibly Storey should have us set at QB for several years to come.

The Boar War

Quote from: Tim Harris on November 05, 2012, 12:40:26 pm

Right now the only QBs we know for sure will be here at B. Mitchell and B. Allen.

Do we know that for sure?

HoneyNuttPetrinoos

Don't forget about Chris Gragg's little brother..  I think he is like 6'4 now and is a soph..  He should be a good recruit also.. 

HoneyNuttPetrinoos

Quote from: The Boar War on November 05, 2012, 03:47:08 pm

Reed will be here right??  The Eldorado/Memphis transfer..  His name might be Ried instead but he started for Memphis so a year or two ahead of the incoming fresh

Tim Harris

Quote from: The Boar War on November 05, 2012, 03:47:08 pm

I guess I should say the oly ones who are already signed. I guess they could transfer out.

The Boar War

Quote from: Tim Harris on November 05, 2012, 04:19:31 pm
I guess I should say the oly ones who are already signed. I guess they could transfer out.

I didn't know if anything had been resolved with Mitchell's "situation".

Tim Harris

Quote from: The Boar War on November 05, 2012, 04:45:44 pm
I didn't know if anything had been resolved with Mitchell's "situation".

Good point.......As of right now I haven't seen anything that it is resolved.  I guess it is just wishful thinking that he would be back.  If not we would have Allen and 2 freshman for the new coach to choose from.

LJHOG

Quote from: whosiskid on November 04, 2012, 10:46:49 am
I could see us taking 12 or more kids from instate in 2014.
we movin' to the Sun Belt??

whosiskid

Quote from: Tim Harris on November 05, 2012, 12:40:26 pm

Also Taylor Reed. Don't forget that he actually has more starts and reps on the Division One level than Mitchell and Allen combined.

Right now I'm still confident that we'll keep the QBs we currently have commits from. I am assuming that we'll get a coach at least as good as Strong or better. If that happens, we should be fine. If for some reason no one - not even Tuberville or Butch Davis - wants to coach at Arkansas, then we will have a problem.

tiber

Quote from: whosiskid on November 10, 2012, 02:11:04 pm
If for some reason no one - not even Tuberville or Butch Davis - wants to coach at Arkansas, then we will have a problem.

Somebody will want to get paid, and clearly expectations aren't going to be very high.  All they would have to do is appease Long and the GOBN. 

It'll be like Mack Brown only different.