Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Did anyone...

Started by showhimthewhip, November 08, 2012, 10:54:59 am

Previous topic - Next topic

showhimthewhip

catch the "Legends" documentary on TVG about D. Wayne Lukas???  I never have been a fan.  This documentary PARTIALLY changed my mind on him.  It was pretty interesting if you are into the actual horse aspect of the business and not strictly a handicapper.  I must disclaim that I feel like he has gotten terrible about running good horses into the ground, but the numbers don't lie so there must be a method to his madness.  Let the lynching begin. 

Also, on HRTV was a documentary on Zenyatta that i found pretty catchy.  I caught the tail end of it last weekend and it is supposed ro reair again this weekend.  I have my DVR set this time.  Again, it is for the horse people out there and not the strict handicappers.

husker71

Have not seen it yet but will keep an eye out for it.  Think he really changed with the terrible accident that happened to his son.  He was a successful basketball coach in Wisconsin who during the summers would take his small stable to now defucnt Park Jefferson in South Dakota along with Bill Mott and several other trainers who started small.  Understand he invented a shoe to help you jump higher during his coaching days.  Took some Chuck Taylors and put bbs in the soles.