Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

In case anyone want's the TCU fan perspective

Started by Next1_04, September 06, 2017, 12:44:45 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Athog

Quote from: Next1_04 on September 06, 2017, 12:44:45 pm
http://forum.killerfrogs.com/index.php?threads/prediction-thread-frogs-v-hogs.210312/page-2

Couple tidbits:

"I may be drinking the Kool-aid, but I think TCU wins big. Ark switched to a 3-4 this year, so this will be the defense's first real test for making reads, ensuring there are no blown assignments, etc. Sure they have practiced all off-season, but as Tech showed over the past decade, switching defensive schemes can hinder progress.

Couple the fact that they will have a very raw secondary, I could see TCU making some big plays to open WRs. If TCU gets up and forces Arkansas to be one-dimensional, I could see this one being over early.

Hope I am right."

"I have no feel at all. Defense looked great against a pretty weak opponent. Offense and QB looked really good, but, again, a pretty weak opponent.

On the other side, Bret Bielema is an imbecile, and will run his plodding BIG10 of yore offense. 2 yards, cloud of dust. Their offensive strategy alone will keep the score low. Doesn't matter a whit that last year, when they needed a quick score, their QB threw with quick, laser-like precision. No, just hand the ball off and watch the scrum...

My purple-vision says: Frogs 34- Pigs 21"

"They may help the Freshman CB with a safety, making the other CB the one to attack. But that means one safety is occupied. It is up to Hill/Cumbie to recognize which CB is at a disadvantage. More Hill, of course."

I guess the. 3000 yards passing by Allen means we did not pass. They are saying we run all he time and we are saying we now pass too much. Should be a good game.

HamSammich

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on September 07, 2017, 09:02:16 am
You know, this is hard to figure. I think that our QB, O-Line, TE's and Defense overall will be better, RB position about the same and WR's not as ready this year compared to last year. Even with a porous defense last year we still won even if we did have to go to OT. I think we are in a better position overall this year than last year. TCU's biggest loss was 3/4 of their starting D-Line so they are the same team, albeit a year more experienced. I think that Patterson will have them trying to utilize their quickness and speed to slant, stunt and run some games to slow down our offense.

I've said right along that I thought this would go down to the wire again with both teams scoring in the neighborhood of 31 points. But the wild cards in this game that are going to probably decide the outcome should be, 1) whomever commits the most T/O's, 2) the level of play of our defense and, 3) the play of Kenny (the throat slash) Hill. If we can get to him or keep him under pressure most of the game, I think he will blow up under pressure. I've heard it said several times this week and I agree, he can either be a kid who can add 2 TD's to their total or hand the opponent 2 more TD's than they might have had otherwise.

53-1/2 hours (or thereabouts) until KO.

I was with you on it being close musko but I thought lower scoring. Im starting to get a bad feeling about this game. I think we might get outscored greatly early and play catch up the whole game.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: HamSammich on September 07, 2017, 09:14:01 am
I was with you on it being close musko but I thought lower scoring. Im starting to get a bad feeling about this game. I think we might get outscored greatly early and play catch up the whole game.

I might agree if we had the same defense that we ended the year with last year. I believe we will be giving TCU a dose of their own medicine this year and if we had 2-3 more experienced WR's right now, I would suggest that we might beat them by 14 to 21 points. We will see in a couple of days.
Go Hogs Go!

pigroots

If Vegas has TCU -3 1/2 and we have home field which should be worth 4 that means they see TCU as a touchdown better. That is worrisome to me because those guys in Vegas are really good at sizing up games

onebadrubi

Quote from: pigroots on September 07, 2017, 09:23:05 am
If Vegas has TCU -3 1/2 and we have home field which should be worth 4 that means they see TCU as a touchdown better. That is worrisome to me because those guys in Vegas are really good at sizing up games

They are so good they had TCU a touch down favorite last year. 

Also, if you are relying on the Vegas odds, they actually had us a 1.5 point favorite before big bettors that get first looks moved the line

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: onebadrubi on September 07, 2017, 09:28:42 am
They are so good they had TCU a touch down favorite last year. 

Also, if you are relying on the Vegas odds, they actually had us a 1.5 point favorite before big bettors that get first looks moved the line

Lol
This is my non-signature signature.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: pigroots on September 07, 2017, 09:23:05 am

I would suspect that TCU is favored by 3 to 3-1/2 for several reasons.

1. Every time that Patterson has had a bad season at TCU he comes back with a really good winning season the next.
2. TCU blasted Jackson State and while not showing anything, we only scored 49 and allowed a TD.
3. We ended our season on a sour note giving away 2 games we should have won.
4. They have no idea how good or bad our defense is at this point.
5. We lost all but one of our regular WR's from last season and didn't throw much in our first game.
6. TCU returns almost everyone on their team (biggest hit to the D-Line).

I can see why they are favored, but it has nothing to do with the actual outcome.
Go Hogs Go!

jgphillips3

We are at home.  Our O-line, while still struggling with edge rush is improved in run blocking and can open some holes.  This defense will rotate players, remain fresh and will not have repeated speed mismatches like they got with Ellis last year.  Sure they are gonna hit some plays.  However, we are the bigger, stronger team at home.  Barring self destructing, I don't see us losing.  Now, if we can't punch it in from the 2, turn it over and such, they can beat us.  I just think we are ready to take a step forward.

hogsanity

Quote from: Razorbackers on September 06, 2017, 01:26:41 pm
The notion that Bielema doesn't ever pass it seems to be a cross platform idea.

Where do people get this idea?

they read hogville
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Großer Kriegschwein

Opened Arkansas -1

Vegas likes us.

The money doesn't.
This is my non-signature signature.