Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Losing faith in Chaney

Started by Melorock089, November 09, 2013, 03:52:03 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HogLike 10

Quote from: Melorock089 on November 09, 2013, 03:52:03 pm
Too early perhaps to call for his head, but he deserves a lot of criticism for the course of the year imo.
He's a pass it around guy...the question is ..why did CB hire him to run his big boy football.

PorkSoda

Quote from: atj64 on November 10, 2013, 12:00:36 pm
Every SEC qbs that played against us this year have had career high numbers.  Our DBs play 10 plus yards off the line, they throw a short pass and our dbs (mostly Mitchell) can't tackle so yards after catch on Mitchell's side goes off the chart.  Bench Mitchell, please.  I have had enough of this and his PFs at the most inopportune time.
Mitchell is our only decent corner IMO.  who do you plan to play instead of him?
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

lumphog

Quote from: PorkSoda on November 12, 2013, 08:05:06 pm
Mitchell is our only decent corner IMO.  who do you plan to play instead of him?
Anyone that can tackle.....TM hasn't been the same since his concussion . He shies away from contact

The Boar War

Quote from: Notshavin on November 09, 2013, 09:10:54 pm
Because it's not Chaney's offense

It certainly doesn't look like any of the Wisconsin offenses either.

GoHogs1091

Quote from: The Boar War on November 12, 2013, 09:57:19 pm
It certainly doesn't look like any of the Wisconsin offenses either.

You are correct.  What I saw of the Offenses while Bielema was Wisconsin's Head Coach, they ran a lot more inside.  They were able to do that against the mediocre/subpar Little 9/Big 1 (Ohio State) Conference Defensive Lines.  This season, we have been running a lot outside.  We haven't been able to consistently and effectively open up holes on the inside against SEC Defensive Lines.

That is one aspect that has probably really surprised Bielema about the SEC, and an aspect that he probably very much underestimated.  Running on the inside can be a very difficult aspect in the SEC. 

piratepower

We run the ball to keep it away from the other offense!
We must shorten the game and control the ball to have any chance because of the lack of talent on defense. If we have the ball they can't score unless we make a mistake, and because of our youth on offense we have made some. Coaching and play calling are way over rated! Good players make good coaches! This is the first time I have ever posted, but some of you on here are not very football smart!

dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya

Quote from: piratepower on November 13, 2013, 11:26:10 am
We must shorten the game and control the ball to have any chance because of the lack of talent on defense. If we have the ball they can't score unless we make a mistake, and because of our youth on offense we have made some. Coaching and play calling are way over rated! Good players make good coaches! This is the first time I have ever posted, but some of you on here are not very football smart!

Well, you should post more!  Great first post.  Well said.

However, in my opinion, the problem with this is that you don't learn very much from it and I don't agree with the time of possession being the key.  I'd rather work on trying to score and getting better at it.  It can't get any worse, we are going to go 3-9.  Use this as a time to learn and grow, not get more conservative.
published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

R.I.P. notshavintilnuttgo 12/11/07

kingofdequeen

i know...maybe run a bi-weekly reverse pass instead of the weekly sweep pass or the quarterly special teams prayer play.

piratepower

We do not have the receivers to run a wide open offensive system at this point.
Time of possession doesn't matter to spread team because they are happy to win a 45 to 44 game.
At this point we do not have the players to win like that, so you have to do what your talent allows you to do. I was at the Ole Miss game and we were only down 3 points and had the ball somewhere around the 50 when we stalled then gave up 2 TD's because of missed tackles and a missed assignment in the secondary! When you score 24 points you should have a chance to win, and we did.

Razordiddy

Quote from: piratepower on November 13, 2013, 11:26:10 am

In addition, we do not have a defense that is capable of keeping the other offense off the field, which is key to Bielema's style.  Our defense is built to complement a fast/high scoring offense, which basically means it didn't have to be all that good because the offense was designed to put up a lot of points. I think that's why defensive recruiting lacked under Petrino - under his system he didn't need as much talent on defense as on offense.  It's going to take a while to turn things around.

rowdy1

IS THERE NNNNNOOOO PATIENCE ON THIS BOARD?  GROW UP, GET A LIFE, PLANT A TREE, RUN DOWN THE BLOCK.....geez
Stop bitching! Don't believe everything you read.  Do the research!  Believe in the Hogs~