Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

.22 Ammo Hoarding

Started by Boarslab, August 17, 2013, 08:38:14 am

Previous topic - Next topic

kodiakisland

Quote from: Razorback7281 on January 27, 2016, 11:36:29 am
How much did you pay for yours?  I've been looking at those, Academy has them for $399.

I don't remember.  I've had it at least 3 years.  Whatever it was, it was worth it.
If gun control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome. http://heyjackass.com/

LittlePigMan

It's been several years since I've seen 22 ammo at Wal-Mart. Yes it can be had at small stores, flea markets, and fb but I'm not paying those prices. I keep thinking the shortage will ease up soon but it never seems to happen. It's already gone on far longer than I thought it would.

vol_in_ar

Quote from: LittlePigMan on January 31, 2016, 02:14:08 pm
It's been several years since I've seen 22 ammo at Wal-Mart. Yes it can be had at small stores, flea markets, and fb but I'm not paying those prices. I keep thinking the shortage will ease up soon but it never seems to happen. It's already gone on far longer than I thought it would.

I agree, it's ridiculous

kodiakisland

I really do wonder where it is going.  I know they are making and delivering it.  Are there lots of guys around that have the garage filled to the ceiling with it?  I've always tried to keep at least 3,000 rounds on the shelf.  With 3 people in the family that shoot regularly, that doesn't always last as long as you would think.  I've struggled the last few years to keep more than 1,500 rounds in stock.  I can't imagine how much ammo some people must have for this shortage to have gone on as long as it has.
If gun control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome. http://heyjackass.com/

DeltaBoy

Quote from: kodiakisland on January 31, 2016, 08:38:58 pm
I really do wonder where it is going.  I know they are making and delivering it.  Are there lots of guys around that have the garage filled to the ceiling with it?  I've always tried to keep at least 3,000 rounds on the shelf.  With 3 people in the family that shoot regularly, that doesn't always last as long as you would think.  I've struggled the last few years to keep more than 1,500 rounds in stock.  I can't imagine how much ammo some people must have for this shortage to have gone on as long as it has.

In my Town the Retired guys rape Walmart every time they restock.  They got a old guy on the inside and he texts them the ammo is here.  Then you will hearing them trying to sell it for 30-60 bucks a brick on the Local Radio Swap Shop or at the local 4 time a year gun show at our convention center.  It makes me pretty pi$$y.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Boarslab

I thought Remington was building a plant another plant at Lonoke or may have been Jax to manufacture .22 lr.  Boggles the mind that they are still hoarding .22 lr. 

DeltaBoy

February 04, 2016, 09:53:58 am #256 Last Edit: February 05, 2016, 11:16:21 am by DeltaBoy
Quote from: Boarslab on February 03, 2016, 08:25:56 pm
I thought Remington was building a plant another plant at Lonoke or may have been Jax to manufacture .22 lr.  Boggles the mind that they are still hoarding .22 lr. 

Per the Arkansas Times they are building a new one and I am like you I can't understand why they keep hogging it up and my phone calls to Wal mart has fell on deaf ears.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.

theFlyingHog

I wish people would stop buying from these gougers for a while and make them suffer

DeltaBoy

Quote from: theFlyingHog on February 05, 2016, 10:36:34 am
I wish people would stop buying from these gougers for a while and make them suffer

Me too I had a guy tell me that he got over 30,000 rounds of 22 ammo he wanted to cut me a deal and sell me 2 bricks of Federal Lightnings for $20.00 bucks each when they sell for about 15 and he sells them at the gun show for 30 bucks a brick. 

grayhawg

I've got about 2000 rounds and I see 22lr at Academy pretty often.

tangman

I order from Midway. It took a year for the last 1000 rounds to ship, and I didn't like paying shipping for it, but I refuse to buy from the dirtbags.

Boarslab

Maybe ammo manufacturers will flood the market with cheap .22 lr and leave the hoarders to trying to shoot up their 30,000 rounds---or, have to sell it for a big loss.

OldCoot

Quote from: kodiakisland on January 26, 2016, 07:47:49 pm
Which one do you have?  My M&P 15-22 shoots well.  I did have to tweak the extractor though.  It would jam every three rounds or so when new, but after the fix it has gone through 1,000 rounds or so with no problem.

Going to have to go look.  It was at Walmart and paid around 225.  Remember looking them up and the cheapest anywhere else was 325.

DeltaBoy

It been very disgusting to see how people have manipulated the market

OldCoot

Quote from: kodiakisland on January 26, 2016, 07:47:49 pm
Which one do you have?  My M&P 15-22 shoots well.  I did have to tweak the extractor though.  It would jam every three rounds or so when new, but after the fix it has gone through 1,000 rounds or so with no problem.

It's a mossberg international 715T.  Haven't fired it yet.

kodiakisland

Hopefully you can find some ammo and shoot it soon.

DeltaBoy

Another Gun show in Town this past Saturday and it was Same CRAP different day.  Plenty of 22 ammo at ridiculous prices.  Most still had the Wal Mart or Big 5 store stickers on them.

OldCoot

Quote from: DeltaBoy on February 11, 2016, 09:30:21 am
Another Gun show in Town this past Saturday and it was Same CRAP different day.  Plenty of 22 ammo at ridiculous prices.  Most still had the Wal Mart or Big 5 store stickers on them.

Hope you didn't buy any.  Let them communists eat em.  That's not capitalism, it's manipulating the market.

grayhawg

Quote from: DeltaBoy on February 11, 2016, 09:30:21 am
I was at Academy in FT Smith today and they had LOTS of 22 lr, but not with the other ammo it is always at the service desk. If you have an Academy close by check at the service desk.

Hog_Swanson

Quote from: grayhawg on February 12, 2016, 07:12:37 pm
I was at Academy in FT Smith today and they had LOTS of 22 lr, but not with the other ammo it is always at the service desk. If you have an Academy close by check at the service desk.
Watch their prices.
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on February 08, 2018, 08:00:41 pm

I have gonads, and as soon as my wife gets back I'll prove it.  I keep 'em in her purse. >:(

Quote from: PorkSoda on Today at 04:03:25 pm
Okay, you are right, I should have done that first instead of going off of what other people said was said.
So basically all my complaining was for nothing and I'm a dumbass.  I should have just watch the presser BEFORE commenting.

grayhawg

February 13, 2016, 06:40:25 am #270 Last Edit: February 13, 2016, 06:55:26 am by grayhawg
Quote from: Hog_Swanson on February 13, 2016, 12:50:23 am
Watch their prices.
Last time I checked prices were about 1/3 what the guys at the gun shows charge, the down side is you can only buy one or two boxes. I have not had to buy any for a while because I managed to hit Walmart 4 times and bought 3 boxes of 550 each time and still have around 2000 rounds.

If you need an exact price just check online, when Academy has ammo in the stores it has always been the same as it says online for in store ammo. This is the case at the Fort Smith Store.

OldCoot

Quote from: grayhawg on February 13, 2016, 06:40:25 am
Last time I checked prices were about 1/3 what the guys at the gun shows charge, the down side is you can only buy one or two boxes. I have not had to buy any for a while because I managed to hit Walmart 4 times and bought 3 boxes of 550 each time and still have around 2000 rounds.

If you need an exact price just check online, when Academy has ammo in the stores it has always been the same as it says online for in store ammo. This is the case at the Fort Smith Store.

They do have a 2 box limit.  If you bring your wife or kids they can get 2 as well.  Be careful, I accidentally bought a few boxes of powerless rounds apparently only good for pistols.  I'll give those away to anyone who can use them.

They usually have match grade but those are crazy prices.

DeltaBoy

Academy been all miss other that some Federal Match Ammo that was $6:50 a 50 round box.

1highhog

Quote from: OldCoot on February 10, 2016, 06:44:51 pm
It's a mossberg international 715T.  Haven't fired it yet.

If any of you fellers watch Swamp People this new season for 2016 I can't remember the guys name but he always wears a bandana and had a dog riding in his boat.  Anyway, he had a gun that looked just about like the one you've got pictured OldCoot and after he shot his gator he laid his gun with about 16" hanging over the side of the boat on the back seat.  I told my wife, he's going to lose that gun in a few minutes, sure enough, next gator he came to he had no gun to shoot his gator.

OldCoot

Quote from: 1highhog on February 19, 2016, 08:37:02 am
If any of you fellers watch Swamp People this new season for 2016 I can't remember the guys name but he always wears a bandana and had a dog riding in his boat.  Anyway, he had a gun that looked just about like the one you've got pictured OldCoot and after he shot his gator he laid his gun with about 16" hanging over the side of the boat on the back seat.  I told my wife, he's going to lose that gun in a few minutes, sure enough, next gator he came to he had no gun to shoot his gator.

I'm betting he uses an actual AR.  I would when trying to shoot the only one inch spot that will kill a gator.

DeltaBoy

Still going on down here  I heard on old timer brag he got 40,000 rounds in his garage!  He a member of the Trade Fair, Flea market gang who keep our local walmart cleaned out.

95_alum

Quote from: DeltaBoy on March 21, 2016, 08:35:50 am
Still going on down here  I heard on old timer brag he got 40,000 rounds in his garage!  He a member of the Trade Fair, Flea market gang who keep our local walmart cleaned out.

>:(  Karma never loses an address, right?

DeltaBoy

Quote from: 95_alum on March 21, 2016, 08:55:14 am
>:(  Karma never loses an address, right?

I hope so he a old retired Rail Road guy who haunts the flea market, trade days radio and the Wed Trade fair. 

DeltaBoy

No extra money this past month I payed off my wife's Car , the kids Piano and went to the Dr. dentist and eye doc and got my first set of Trifocals.

DeltaBoy

My Wal Mart still no dice on Ammo, 

pigture perfect

You just need to load up on it when you come back home.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

howie76

Quote from: OldCoot on February 24, 2016, 06:35:15 pm
I'm betting he uses an actual AR.  I would when trying to shoot the only one inch spot that will kill a gator.
i Thot it was a quarter inch.. That's what they say on swamp people!

Hog_Swanson

Quote from: howie76 on April 26, 2016, 11:52:51 am
i Thot it was a quarter inch.. That's what they say on swamp people!
The size of a quarter, which is roughly 1 inch.
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on February 08, 2018, 08:00:41 pm

I have gonads, and as soon as my wife gets back I'll prove it.  I keep 'em in her purse. >:(

Quote from: PorkSoda on Today at 04:03:25 pm
Okay, you are right, I should have done that first instead of going off of what other people said was said.
So basically all my complaining was for nothing and I'm a dumbass.  I should have just watch the presser BEFORE commenting.

toshortrock

Toshortrock,,,,,,GO HOGS/////

DeltaBoy

Quote from: pigture perfect on April 26, 2016, 11:33:21 am
You just need to load up on it when you come back home.

Yep last ammo I got was at Christmas 2 years ago from Macks in Sugertown.

woodrow hog call

Quote from: DeltaBoy on February 16, 2016, 10:30:15 am
Academy been all miss other that some Federal Match Ammo that was $6:50 a 50 round box.

Academy in Fort Smith has a pretty good supply, just bought my 500 round limit at $8.00 per 100 of Remington, it is still at the service desk though.
"I hate rude behavior in a man, I won't tolerate it"

DeltaBoy

Thanks I will check next pay day I got Prom, and Graduation coming up this month and I will be broke.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Pudgepork on August 17, 2013, 03:12:39 pm
true.   it isn't just .22,  Hornady said at the current production of 2 1/2 shifts running it would take them 4 yrs to catch up with orders on the most popular bullets.  its only going to get worse in the coming weeks as the yearly shoot the dust off'a the rifles
season starts.

The .22 hoarders are waiting at the counters for any shipments.  They then put them on Ebay-type sites at very inflated prices.   The people who panic and pay those prices aren't helping stop the hoarding.  At some point the hoarders will be stuck and prices will tumble but it doesn't appear to be anytime soon.

I've decided to buy a 9mm instead of a .380 auto pistol for my personal carry and that's one reason why. Easier to find and a little cheaper.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: toshortrock on April 27, 2016, 09:35:51 am
i'm doing myself now

That'll make you go blind and grow hair on your palm...............so I've been told.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

ChromDome35

I was in Cabelas in Rogers this past weekend.  They had a TON of .22 ammo.

Lots of boxes of 50, 100, 325, 500, and even buckets of 1400. 

The most .22 I've seen in one place in a couple of years.

I picked up a 1400 round bucket of Remington for .06 per round. 

95_alum

Quote from: ChromDome35 on July 14, 2016, 08:38:13 am
I picked up a 1400 round bucket of Remington for .06 per round.

Ditto. Now, if I could just find a few boxes of Stingers...

ChromDome35

Quote from: 95_alum on July 14, 2016, 03:25:35 pm
Ditto. Now, if I could just find a few boxes of Stingers...

I have a brick of Stingers and a brick of Velocitor that I bought right before the run on .22lr  I thought about selling them but decided not to. Hard to find these days.  Cabela's had a bunch of Mini-Mag in stock.

DeltaBoy

Thanks my Super Center is super stocked on everything ammo except  22.

DeltaBoy

Went to my Walmart 3 times this week for other stuff and they were out of 22 every single time.

DeltaBoy

I am resigned to the fact I will be buying 22 ammo in Ark cause in Johnson County Wal Mart and Academy or either out or over priced.

Razorback7281

Cabela's in Allen had the Remington buckets.  1,400 for $85.  Also were running a deal if you spent $150 you'd get $20 back.  So I ended up with 2 buckets out the door for like $162.  At just over .05 cents per shot I figured that's the best it's going to be for a while. 
Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on September 16, 2015, 08:55:43 pmgurantee I'm smarter then you..but that's not saying much.
Quote from: talley on September 17, 2015, 09:53:38 am
you misspelled "Guarantee" while trying to talk about how smart you are.  Epic Fail.
Quote from: Lanny on October 16, 2015, 07:37:58 am
Good job everyone except Faldon.

DeltaBoy

Quote from: Razorback7281 on September 12, 2016, 10:54:12 am
Cabela's in Allen had the Remington buckets.  1,400 for $85.  Also were running a deal if you spent $150 you'd get $20 back.  So I ended up with 2 buckets out the door for like $162.  At just over .05 cents per shot I figured that's the best it's going to be for a while. 

Good deal

hogginbama

Gander here in Indianapolis gets their shipments every Friday. Have a gun shop here, Point Blank, that always has good stock. This time last year they had cases upon cases for sale of Remington (10-500 round bricks) and it was unlimited. Picked up 6 cases for friends up in Wisconsin. I have basically been able to find it anytime I need it up here. If you guys are still hurting down there in Arkansas, are up for it and don't mind waiting a few months, I would not mind stocking up some and bringing down south with me when we come in for the holidays to see family. Family is from Tuckerman/Newport area so this would mainly be for you guys that are from the Northeast part of the state. This would give some of you a chance to rebuild your stock pile back up.
My ole buddy Biscuit has crossed that rainbow bridge. Life sure is different without him around.

Boarslab

Ok, since the Republicans have all branches of govt now----will the idiot ammo hoarders stop buying all the .22LR's since their guns and ammo are not going to get taken by Obama?  Enough of that crap, maybe I will be able to buy some a Walmart again.

95_alum

Quote from: Boarslab on November 10, 2016, 07:45:45 pm
Ok, since the Republicans have all branches of govt now----will the idiot ammo hoarders stop buying all the .22LR's since their guns and ammo are not going to get taken by Obama?  Enough of that crap, maybe I will be able to buy some a Walmart again.
Good question. Also, will the Feds put the brakes on their massive orders of ammo?