Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rich keep getting richer!!

Started by Virgil, February 12, 2018, 03:03:47 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Virgil

Georgia already has (3) 5 stars and (4) 4 star recruits.  Absolutely ridiculous!!  I guess they don't accept anything below a 4-star. 
It's not what you push but what pushes you!!

hawg1221

According to ESPN Georgia set a record of 7 of their top 25 nationally ranked players signing with them. 

DeltaBoy

Kirby Smart walked into a great situation at GA and He learned Recruiting from Nick so yes he going to get a good haul.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Vantage 8 dude

Also never hurts to have a state, similar to Florida, Louisiana and Texas, just loaded with high quality talent.

Hoggish1

Quote from: Virgil on February 12, 2018, 03:03:47 pm
Georgia already has (3) 5 stars and (4) 4 star recruits.  Absolutely ridiculous!!  I guess they don't accept anything below a 4-star. 

Where you been, UGA has 8 5*s and 15 4*s according to 247. 

Hogdomer

Quote from: Hoggish1 on February 12, 2018, 04:15:45 pm

I think he is talking about 2019.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Hoggish1 on February 12, 2018, 04:15:45 pm
bro, he's talking about for NEXT year ALREADY! Literally LESS THAN A WEEK after signing day, they have THREE five stars!! They are cheatin somethin serious over there.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

HogFoo

Uga is in the most fertile state for recruits. They've done produced more in state top tier talent than Florida, laundry, California, texas,  it's crazy! And they just happen to be located in a very good region where every state around them has talent.  And it wasn't like Richt left the cupboard empty, the talent was already DEEP at Uga , so Kirby didn't have to even get that many players to have a good season.  They got Pittman doing what he does,bringing in top tier talent. And they are pulling in talent from the success this last season on top of it.  The changing of the guard may be at hand. Uga may be the big dog in the sec, not just the east.  Definitely will make this league way tougher when yang have 2 teams like Bama and what Uga is gonna be.    It's OK tho, the hogs will be getting some talent.  Perhaps not ever anything like Uga Bama type classes , but we don't need those type classes.  I look at Clemson and I totally agree with what Morris says that arkansas reminds him sooo much of Clemson.  Clemson didn't start getting into the top 9 until they made the playoffs.  Didn't get into the top 5 until they won the NC.  But, they mostly just worked, won, got top 15-20 classes,  then got into top15 consistently  then lived around top 10 for quite a while.  I think Morris can do the same for us.   Let Uga get their classes. Doesn't mean they'll win a title every year.
Basketball is back, baseball always, football was a dumpster fire once again..... but as the phoenix rose from the ashes, BMF Petrino has risen again!!! Lots to look forward to.  <br /><br />As the rain falls, I realize, that some where out there, some one, is wearing a mask while they shower............

cram224

Ga is very underrated for producing high school talent.

Amityvillehogger

Quote from: cram224 on February 12, 2018, 07:17:36 pm
Ga is very underrated for producing high school talent.

Underrated isn't the word I'd use. They are well known.
Member # 2987.
Registered - 02-23-2005

cram224

Everybody thinks Texas or Florida first when it comes to recruiting. I Ga produces just as many top 300 as any state.

Redhogs

Quote from: HogFoo on February 12, 2018, 07:05:47 pm
Uga is in the most fertile state for recruits. They've done produced more in state top tier talent than Florida, laundry, California, texas,  it's crazy! And they just happen to be located in a very good region where every state around them has talent.  And it wasn't like Richt left the cupboard empty, the talent was already DEEP at Uga , so Kirby didn't have to even get that many players to have a good season.  They got Pittman doing what he does,bringing in top tier talent. And they are pulling in talent from the success this last season on top of it.  The changing of the guard may be at hand. Uga may be the big dog in the sec, not just the east.  Definitely will make this league way tougher when yang have 2 teams like Bama and what Uga is gonna be.    It's OK tho, the hogs will be getting some talent.  Perhaps not ever anything like Uga Bama type classes , but we don't need those type classes.  I look at Clemson and I totally agree with what Morris says that arkansas reminds him sooo much of Clemson.  Clemson didn't start getting into the top 9 until they made the playoffs.  Didn't get into the top 5 until they won the NC.  But, they mostly just worked, won, got top 15-20 classes,  then got into top15 consistently  then lived around top 10 for quite a while.  I think Morris can do the same for us.   Let Uga get their classes. Doesn't mean they'll win a title every year.
Good post...agree.
Will I live long enough to see us win again? Will any of us?

TrueBlue

Everyone on here always said that Texas A&M is the sleeping giant but I have always contended that Georgia with the right head coach was the sleeping giant. The state produces tons of D-1 talent and there is no one else in the state that will compete with them for that talent (Georgia Tech? - get real). Alabama has to go up against Auburn in their own state and Florida has Florida State and Miami in their state.   

They SHOULD be able to recruit on the same level (if not better) as Alabama every year if Kirby does things the correct way and keeps building. 

Arthur pigby sellers.

Quote from: cram224 on February 13, 2018, 07:46:50 am
Everybody thinks Texas or Florida first when it comes to recruiting. I Ga produces just as many top 300 as any state.

That's ridiculous when you think they just have one real big 5 school there. I'm not counting Ga Tech obviously.

Georgia's recruiting gains are probably going to hurt schools like Auburn and Clemson the most as they get a lot of their recruits from Georgia.

go hogues

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on February 12, 2018, 06:48:52 pm
They are cheatin somethin serious over there.
Can't really say that about a program like Georgia. When Ole Miss or Arkansas pulls that kind of haul, then yes but Georgia should be getting that level of talent on the reg, just based on proximity and tradition.
Quote from: Leadbelly on September 24, 2019, 09:05:22 pm<br />Dude, our back has been against the wall so long, we are now on the other side of the wall!<br />

Pig in the Pokey

I guess you guys dont understand how rare it is to get 10 5*s in a 12 month cycle... Even 3 5*s would be crazy. Bama only got 2. Auburn and Notre Dame got ZERO. OU got one. Arkansas has only one on the whole team.

It isnt just "fertile Georgia" that is making this happen. The entire state, which , yes, is in the top 5 in recruiting, only produces 3-5 five stars per year.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on February 13, 2018, 09:08:50 am
I guess you guys dont understand how rare it is to get 10 5*s in a 12 month cycle... Even 3 5*s would be crazy. Bama only got 2. Auburn and Notre Dame got ZERO. OU got one. Arkansas has only one on the whole team.

It isnt just "fertile Georgia" that is making this happen. The entire state, which , yes, is in the top 5 in recruiting, only produces 3-5 five stars per year.
Personally I've never said that Kirby isn't doing a terrific job of recruiting. However, let's NOT ignore the fact that Georgia produces a fairly good number of 4 and 5 star kids. And that's not even considering the close proximity to Florida,  which we all know produces a ton of those as well. Put it to you this way: just what IF the Hogs were located smack dab in the middle of a prime recruiting area (yes, I realize we're not that terribly far from Texas) AND our state produced say a minimum of 10-15 four/five star recruits a year (not certain what the average # might be for the Peachtree State). Think our numbers might not be at least slightly better ???

Hoggish1

Quote from: Hogdomer on February 12, 2018, 04:27:06 pm
I think he is talking about 2019.

Oh, missed that.  didn't see that identified. 

Virgil

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on February 13, 2018, 09:24:19 am
Personally I've never said that Kirby isn't doing a terrific job of recruiting. However, let's NOT ignore the fact that Georgia produces a fairly good number of 4 and 5 star kids. And that's not even considering the close proximity to Florida,  which we all know produces a ton of those as well. Put it to you this way: just what IF the Hogs were located smack dab in the middle of a prime recruiting area (yes, I realize we're not that terribly far from Texas) AND our state produced say a minimum of 10-15 four/five star recruits a year (not certain what the average # might be for the Peachtree State). Think our numbers might not be at least slightly better ???

Yes 6 of the 7 kids are from GA.  The other one is from FL.  The state of GA produces a lot of talent.
It's not what you push but what pushes you!!

cram224

We you look at schools that Ga really goes against it's Clemson and Auburn. Both schools are located on the state line.

The Hogfather

Quote from: cram224 on February 13, 2018, 07:46:50 am

Completely agree.  I think underrated is the right word.

The Hogfather

Quote from: HogFoo on February 12, 2018, 07:05:47 pm
They've done produced more in state top tier talent than Florida, laundry, California, texas,  it's crazy!

Laundry totally dominants.  They are the most dominate program ever.

redleg

Texas A&M joining the SEC was the worst football recruiting thing that could have happened to Arkansas. Forget the Longhorns, they were never a threat to join because of their collective greed.

But the Aggies joining seriously hampered Arkansas' ability to recruit the state of Texas. Instead of Hogs coaches being able to tell players to come to Fayetteville and play in the best and toughest conference, now they don't have to leave their home state, and Aggies coaches use that fact to their advantage.

That is why hiring a head coach with strong ties to Texas high school football is, hopefully, what Arkansas needed to turn the tide back in their favor, even just a little bit!
If Morris' offense is as dynamic in 2018 as it was at SMU, Hudson Henry, Treylon Burks, Darius Thomas, and any other in-state player should be thrilled to play for Coach Morris.....and the same could be said for recruits in Texas, especially in the Dallas-Ft. Worth metro area and eastern Texas.
If it ain't broke, fix it till it is.

99toLife

Quote from: The Hogfather on February 13, 2018, 12:33:41 pm
Laundry totally dominants.  They are the most dominate program ever.

Because Laundry recruits so well.    ;)  even though they have some Dirty laundry