Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

May 05, 2024, 06:01:58 am

Fire the Entire Staff

Started by rzrbacknTX, September 25, 2006, 04:27:57 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

rzrbacknTX

If there's any truth to this, they should let that entire red neck bunch go.....this is by Dana Caldwell...

Spoke to someone quite tight with malzahn last night and asked if they minded if i tossed this out. they gave me the greenlight. found this interesting although not exactly surprising. how solid is the source? were i still writing about the hogs, i'd print this:

1) malzahn was treated like a new kid in school when he joined the staff. shunned and disrespected. he was very offended by nutt calling him "mal-a-zahn" and referring to him 12 times as "the HS coach" during the press conference announcing his hire. first practice, herring's bunch snuffed a play and herring yelled, "How about that HS offense?!" malzahn burned him the next play. my source -- who was there -- says this was actually caught on film by some of the local TV stations, but it apparently never aired nor has been written about. ugh.

2) malzahn was shocked to learn he had to run plays thru nutt. it's been a process in getting the bulk of the calls and he finally got that vs. alabama. even most of those 'I' sets on saturday were his. his true running schemes are still being inputted and practiced.

3) the offense now seems to -- finally -- be his. he decided to distance himself from the coaches who were doing the same with him. therefore, he considers the offense his team. now that it is, the players have really embraced that. in fact, defenders have even begun coming to him for common sense and advice.

4) as i posted the other day, gameplans are scripted on thursdays with malzahn, markuson and nutt. my source confirmed that. malzahn has had more and more control of those meetings.

5) malzahn was totally bewildered and disgusted with the way nutt let the clock run before calling time out to set up the trick play.

6) there already have been feelers put out from boosters to guage his interest in being the head coach. he realizes he needs more time, but not as much as we might think.

7) malzahn has not and will not speak his mind for the record about any of this. just waiting for it to get lots better or blow up.

AND THE BIGGIE ...

did u notice gus did not have his headset on after about the first quarter? he got so disgusted with the wacky communication that he just freaking unplugged from it. (i remember seeing the headset around his neck while watching on TV and nutt running over to him and yelling). nutt didn't like it, but he got away with it. malzahn hopes that continues. so do i.

jackwalker

HOW CAN YOU FIRE A COACH AFTER A 10 WIN SEASON?

THE SAME WAY YOU BENCH A QUATERBACK WHO NEVER LOST A GAME HE STARTED

If HDN does more with less...what happens when he has more?

Oh wait...2003...nevermind. Oh...and 2007...

Landonhog

Quote from: jackwalker on September 25, 2006, 04:28:27 pm
I can't believe this was just posted.

Does no one read anymore.

http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php/topic,77557.0.html

http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php/topic,78792.0.html

::)

I'm bettin 5 bucks that he got this from the "cut and paste" job, over on hawgsillustrated... 
LOOK WHAT I FOUND!!!!

rzrbacknTX

Was just sent the info by a firend of mine via email.  I don't cut and paste posts from other sites.  Sorry if  I don't have time to sit at my computer all day and ready every post.  My apologies.  Delete the post if you like mods.

Landonhog

Quote from: rzrbacknTX on September 25, 2006, 04:37:37 pm
Was just sent the info by a firend of mine via email.  I don't cut and paste posts from other sites.  Sorry if  I don't have time to sit at my computer all day and ready every post.  My apologies.  Delete the post if you like mods.

Sorry, man...  Didn't mean to bust the ole balls so bad....  Posting info like that would probably warrant at least a little scanning to see if it wasn't already posted....