Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The crybaby calves are still complaining

Started by Rey Pygsterio, September 25, 2006, 12:37:53 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Rey Pygsterio

"Waaa! Waaa! Waaa! I still hate Nutt. Waaa!"

If you can't at least take a day's break of your constant complaining and enjoy a win like Saturday's against Alabama, something is wrong with you. The problem is probably you, not the coach. I'm convinced part of being a sports fan these days is taking out the frustration of your own life out on the local team, and I think there's a large amount of that here and on the talk shows.

And to the whiners complaining about Nutt singing the fight song after the game, I thought it was a great moment. It's called celebrating an overtime win against Alabama. Some fans could take a cue.
"Rey Pygsterio will slash the tires on your Flex Fuel Tahoe and slap your Bentonville princess wife in the face." - Latarian

hogfansrule

The fans that are complaining about the coaching should go out there and try to win ball games and have the fans not complain about your performance. And like the old saying goes "I rather be lucky, than good."

roothog

Preach on my brotha!!
I like having a coach that celebrates victories. I don't want some stoic statue with no emotions. I think that is what makes college football so great.
WOOOOO PIG SOOOOIIEEE

HogFaninGA

When I went to school there, coaches acted like professionals like they should.  I was there when Nolan and the Hogs won the NC, yet at that time, he acted very professional.  A coach is paid to coach, not act like a rah rah girl.  Nutt is pandering to the students b/c he knows his job is in jeopardy.  Nutt is going to Razorback club after Razorback club b/c his job is in jeopardy.  He is a great politician and maybe a good cheerleader, but not a good coach.  His record speaks volumes about him.

Sao Ming

Happy with win, not proud of how we got it.  That about sums it up for me.

HamHands

GIVE ME A BREAK! The win was a good thing, that I will give you. The way we won it though, that is another thing.
1.There kicker blew up and gave us the game.
2.They held the ball 3/4 of the game and methodically marched it down the field getting first down after first down.
3.Mustain, I like him, threw several interceptions and made many mistakes.
4.Our secondary got burnt several times in crucial situations.
5. Nutt running around and acting like we just won a national championship. That was stupid. Could you see Carrol, TT, Weiss, Bear Bryant or any other Championship coach acting like that?
NO, I can not feel great about the win, but I am happy for the players that we won.
One day at a time.

HawgWild

Just remember, most of the complaining comes from people with NO coaching experience and very little in the way of truly undertstanding the game.

I got a big kick out of watching Coach Nutt run up that ladder to lead the Fight Song. It shows to me that he has a lot of passion about his job. I'm sure that it got all but the Bama fans and darksiders, whom were probably weeping in their beers together after the game, feeling real good about the win. Somedays it's better to be lucky than good and I'm sure that several of you could point to games just like this where the HOGS had every opportunity to win, but didn't. It's freakin' time that we enjoyed a few wins like this and there's nobody better in OT than HDN and the HOGS!!!!

WOOOOOOOOOOO PIG SOOOOOOOOOOOOIE! GO HOGS GO!

southavenhog

You guys that are still complaining about this win, really need to find a hobby. CAN you guys be happy for at least a day????

OUT!

Rey Pygsterio

Quote from: HogFaninGA on September 25, 2006, 12:51:12 pm
When I went to school there, coaches acted like professionals like they should.  I was there when Nolan and the Hogs won the NC, yet at that time, he acted very professional.  A coach is paid to coach, not act like a rah rah girl.  Nutt is pandering to the students b/c he knows his job is in jeopardy.  Nutt is going to Razorback club after Razorback club b/c his job is in jeopardy.  He is a great politician and maybe a good cheerleader, but not a good coach.  His record speaks volumes about him.

Maybe you missed the time in Austin when Mike Anderson went to get Nolan from the back and came running back out onto the court with the inverted hook 'em horns sign.

Regarding the Razorback club meetings, all coaches go to those. Nutt isn't doing anything out of the ordinary there.

And to the admins, nice move moving this to the vent. As suspected, this is an anti-Nutt board. I could post the same thing about Malzahn and it would stay.
"Rey Pygsterio will slash the tires on your Flex Fuel Tahoe and slap your Bentonville princess wife in the face." - Latarian

HawgWild

Quote from: southavenhog on September 25, 2006, 12:56:24 pm
You guys that are still complaining about this win, really need to find a hobby. CAN you guys be happy for at least a day????

OUT!

I think that they would rather rot in hell first...HA!

It's not the end of the world and you can allow yourself a smile or two with the thought that the HOGS have learned to win ugly. Just think what this team will be able to do when it all starts to come together. Also, one other thing, don't forget all the injuries that the HOGS are suffering thru right now. Linebacking corps is thin, but holding their own. Defensive line lost arguably their best player. No Peyton Hillis. With all of these key injuries the HOGS still managed to squeak out a win. My hats off to the Players and Coaching staff!

jvegashawg

Why are some people so dense that they can't understand that you can be happy your team won but still convinced that the head coach is not the man for the job?

southavenhog

This is not what people like you are communicating!  You may think this, I doubt it, but you sure are not saying this....talking about dense...huh!