Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

May 12, 2024, 07:32:25 pm

Question for the darksiders.

Started by quest4excellence, September 23, 2006, 08:28:12 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

sandiegohog

No he will not get credit because we really should have lost the last two games.  His time is running out.

Sandiegohog

Hong Kong Sooey

Quote from: Hogwill on September 23, 2006, 10:10:02 pm
Quote from: Hong Kong Sooey on September 23, 2006, 09:53:07 pm
Quote from: Hogwill on September 23, 2006, 09:47:16 pm
What most of you are missing is the fact that this is a team sport.  The Blame and Credit goes to the Whole team.  I wonder how many of you out there actually have played this game and understand how much has to be contributed by all to get a win or a loss.  That game today was VERY sloppy.  We were lucky to win.  But you know what-  I have heard it many times in football that people would rather be lucky than good.  It also takes luck to win.  I am just excited that we won an SEC game at Home against a ranked opponent.  because guess what - yes they missed the kicks,  but you who mention this should also take into consideration that we turned the ball over 3 times......we still won.  and for all of MM mistakes which we all should expect from a true freshmen,  in the clutch of the moment HE ( not the coaches,  but he and BC)  found a way to win in a pressure situation,  That is what I am hanging my hat on tonight.  Come on guys-  we all want the hogs to win,  we all want them to improve.  we want to have a great TEAM.  lets focus on that and at the end of the year- lets make the needed adjustments to continue to improve-  if this means getting rid of some coaches so be it ,  but know is the time to get behind the program.  this is sort of like when this contry goes to war.  we do not need to criticize anyone at this time.  it is after the battles that we look back and analyze what needs to be adjusted.  so my message is-  Dark siders-  compile your facts and at the end of the year lets evaluate Nutt on the facts.  but for know lets all get behind the program 100% so that we give these boys no reasons to give it 100%  I sure would hate it if we fans were the cause of these players not having 100% confidence in the Program.  not whale we are in the middle of the season.
I wonder how many newbies are going to post "How much football have you ever played?  I bet it ain't much".  We have had 8+ years to evaluate Houston Dale.  I don't really need more time.  I can say with confidence that HDN sucks.
It is true I am a newbie to this forum but I am not a newbie to football or for that matter Razorback football.  I have been a dedicated fan from the age of 4.  I have seen this team play under 7 coaches and I am as excited about this TEAM's future now as I have ever been.  this is with or without HDN.  because like the president in government,  the HC gets to much credit AND to much blame.  this is what I mean about a team effort.  their is plenty of blame and praise to go around games like the one we had today.  as far as HDN being as bad as this board makes him out to be.  I can tell you that their have been a significant number of games in the Past 9 years that I would call the best I have ever seen.  I will never forget the feeling I had in 2000 in Dallas seeing us put it to Texas.  I will never forget the feeling sitting in a sportsbar in Tempe AZ as I say us almost (thanks Client) beat a really good Tennessee team.   These games were great and they belong to the team,  the whole team (this includes the coaches)
I'm not questioning your football knowledge, you are questioning mine along with the other 10000+ posters on Hogville.  I am very excited about the future also, but that excitement ie tempered by the fact that Houston Dale is still our HC.  We have alot of talent on campus, but we did in 2003 also.  What did that get us?  Who are you  to judge anyone on here based on a thread about the game?  Welcome to Hogville.

jamie72921

I am afraid his time card just got extended today. His time is in no way running out.
Bless your heart

HogFaninGA

Quote from: jamie72921 on September 23, 2006, 10:29:15 pm
I am afraid his time card just got extended today. His time is in no way running out.

No it didn't.  His time might of stopped going down, but its not going up either.  He beat a team, that he was favored to beat.  Unitl he beats teams that we are not supposed to beat, he will be under fire.  He beat a average at best team b/c of a kicker.

HatfieldHog

Quote from: lunchbox72703 on September 23, 2006, 08:45:22 pm

I called those four missed kicks Brotha!!!  I called the wind change last week Brotha!!!  I called the devil to thank him for our "deal" brotha!!!   Nuttamania!!!!!!

It's Amazign what One Guy and a Mouse can do....!
See ya
Give a man a fish, he will eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he will spend all of his money on fishing tackle.....!

BigoBoys

Quote from: HogFaninGA on September 23, 2006, 10:15:42 pm
Quote from: BigoBoys on September 23, 2006, 09:59:01 pm
What most of you are missing is the fact that this is a team sport.  The Blame and Credit goes to the Whole team.  I wonder how many of you out there actually have played this game and understand how much has to be contributed by all to get a win or a loss.  That game today was VERY sloppy.  We were lucky to win.  But you know what-  I have heard it many times in football that people would rather be lucky than good.  It also takes luck to win.  I am just excited that we won an SEC game at Home against a ranked opponent.  because guess what - yes they missed the kicks,  but you who mention this should also take into consideration that we turned the ball over 3 times......we still won.  and for all of MM mistakes which we all should expect from a true freshmen,  in the clutch of the moment HE ( not the coaches,  but he and BC)  found a way to win in a pressure situation,  That is what I am hanging my hat on tonight.  Come on guys-  we all want the hogs to win,  we all want them to improve.  we want to have a great TEAM.  lets focus on that and at the end of the year- lets make the needed adjustments to continue to improve-  if this means getting rid of some coaches so be it ,  but know is the time to get behind the program.  this is sort of like when this contry goes to war.  we do not need to criticize anyone at this time.  it is after the battles that we look back and analyze what needs to be adjusted.  so my message is-  Dark siders-  compile your facts and at the end of the year lets evaluate Nutt on the facts.  but for know lets all get behind the program 100% so that we give these boys no reasons to give it 100%  I sure would hate it if we fans were the cause of these players not having 100% confidence in the Program.  not whale we are in the middle of the season.
I wonder how many newbies are going to post "How much football have you ever played?  I bet it ain't much".  We have had 8+ years to evaluate Houston Dale.  I don't really need more time.  I can say with confidence that HDN sucks.
Take a breath!  We are 2-0 in the SEC and 3-1 overall.  Either get on the wagon or get off.  Don't derail the wagon.  I've been here way longer than 8+ years.  All I can say is that we won.    You need to decide whose side you are on.

You can be for the Hogs and the players and not support Nutt.  To say otherwise is unfair and ignorant.
I didn't think that Darksiders WHINED. 

Hogwill

Quote from: Hong Kong Sooey on September 23, 2006, 10:27:27 pm
It is true I am a newbie to this forum but I am not a newbie to football or for that matter Razorback football.  I have been a dedicated fan from the age of 4.  I have seen this team play under 7 coaches and I am as excited about this TEAM's future now as I have ever been.  this is with or without HDN.  because like the president in government,  the HC gets to much credit AND to much blame.  this is what I mean about a team effort.  their is plenty of blame and praise to go around games like the one we had today.  as far as HDN being as bad as this board makes him out to be.  I can tell you that their have been a significant number of games in the Past 9 years that I would call the best I have ever seen.  I will never forget the feeling I had in 2000 in Dallas seeing us put it to Texas.  I will never forget the feeling sitting in a sportsbar in Tempe AZ as I say us almost (thanks Client) beat a really good Tennessee team.   These games were great and they belong to the team,  the whole team (this includes the coaches)
I'm not questioning your football knowledge, you are questioning mine along with the other 10000+ posters on Hogville.  I am very excited about the future also, but that excitement ie tempered by the fact that Houston Dale is still our HC.  We have alot of talent on campus, but we did in 2003 also.  What did that get us?  Who are you  to judge anyone on here based on a thread about the game?  Welcome to Hogville.
I am not questioning your football knowledge because you are not talking football, you are talking nothing but hatred for HDN,  and in this hatred the darksiders let this blind them from the facts sometimes.  And last i checked, in 2003 we were decimated by early departures to the NFL and were left with only One star- MJ  who along with the team had a lot of close losses.  I am not a nutt hugger-  there are a lot of things he has done that I do not agree with (stupid comments, he sounds like a preacher all the time wether it is appropriate or not,  his predictable play calling, stuburn about getting an OQ.....)  but I do not hang every thing that is wrong with the program on his shoulders. that is unfair and unrealistic.  I just have one important question for all the Dark siders.  If this TEAM,  the Whole team where to show solid improvement over the next 2-3 years and lead us to greater things would you still hate HDN.  If the answer to this is YES,  then you have let your hatred blind the fact that you are a Razorback fan.

Hong Kong Sooey

Quote from: Hogwill on September 23, 2006, 10:42:03 pm
It is true I am a newbie to this forum but I am not a newbie to football or for that matter Razorback football.  I have been a dedicated fan from the age of 4.  I have seen this team play under 7 coaches and I am as excited about this TEAM's future now as I have ever been.  this is with or without HDN.  because like the president in government,  the HC gets to much credit AND to much blame.  this is what I mean about a team effort.  their is plenty of blame and praise to go around games like the one we had today.  as far as HDN being as bad as this board makes him out to be.  I can tell you that their have been a significant number of games in the Past 9 years that I would call the best I have ever seen.  I will never forget the feeling I had in 2000 in Dallas seeing us put it to Texas.  I will never forget the feeling sitting in a sportsbar in Tempe AZ as I say us almost (thanks Client) beat a really good Tennessee team.   These games were great and they belong to the team,  the whole team (this includes the coaches)
I am not questioning your football knowledge because you are not talking football, you are talking nothing but hatred for HDN,  and in this hatred the darksiders let this blind them from the facts sometimes.  And last i checked, in 2003 we were decimated by early departures to the NFL and were left with only One star- MJ  who along with the team had a lot of close losses.  I am not a nutt hugger-  there are a lot of things he has done that I do not agree with (stupid comments, he sounds like a preacher all the time wether it is appropriate or not,  his predictable play calling, stuburn about getting an OQ.....)  but I do not hang every thing that is wrong with the program on his shoulders. that is unfair and unrealistic.  I just have one important question for all the Dark siders.  If this TEAM,  the Whole team where to show solid improvement over the next 2-3 years and lead us to greater things would you still hate HDN.  If the answer to this is YES,  then you have let your hatred blind the fact that you are a Razorback fan.
I can honestly answer that last question with a resounding "We'll never friggin have to find out because no team has ever improved under HDN's leadership".  On the 2003, sorry meant 2002...too many Adult Beverages.

BigoBoys

It is true I am a newbie to this forum but I am not a newbie to football or for that matter Razorback football.  I have been a dedicated fan from the age of 4.  I have seen this team play under 7 coaches and I am as excited about this TEAM's future now as I have ever been.  this is with or without HDN.  because like the president in government,  the HC gets to much credit AND to much blame.  this is what I mean about a team effort.  their is plenty of blame and praise to go around games like the one we had today.  as far as HDN being as bad as this board makes him out to be.  I can tell you that their have been a significant number of games in the Past 9 years that I would call the best I have ever seen.  I will never forget the feeling I had in 2000 in Dallas seeing us put it to Texas.  I will never forget the feeling sitting in a sportsbar in Tempe AZ as I say us almost (thanks Client) beat a really good Tennessee team.   These games were great and they belong to the team,  the whole team (this includes the coaches)
Welcome to Hogville!  I thought this was a site supporting the Hogs.  Are you so consumed with outing HDN that you are unwillinging to give the players some support? 

Hogwill

Quote from: Hong Kong Sooey on September 23, 2006, 10:50:21 pm
I can honestly answer that last question with a resounding "We'll never friggin have to find out because no team has ever improved under HDN's leadership".  On the 2003, sorry meant 2002...too many Adult Beverages.
See,  this is my point,  how can you ask me about questioning your knowledge when you do not show it-  how can you make a statement about no improvement without acknowledging the improved years we had-1999 to name one,  they just do not let anyone go to the cotten Bowl,  I have been to 2 under HDN so it is just wrong for you to say that their has been no improvement.

DEVICEHIGH

Quote from: HogFaninGA on September 23, 2006, 08:46:33 pm
Quote from: lunchbox72703 on September 23, 2006, 08:45:22 pm

I called those four missed kicks Brotha!!!  I called the wind change last week Brotha!!!  I called the devil to thank him for our "deal" brotha!!!   Nuttamania!!!!!!

Now that is funny!!!

8 years: HDN = Head coach and OC
1st year HDN = Head coach and CEO

Not all problems are solved by a long shot but keep an open mind (at least until the end of December)
Hillbilly? I prefer Appalachian American

Hong Kong Sooey

Quote from: Hogwill on September 23, 2006, 11:15:57 pm
Quote from: Hong Kong Sooey on September 23, 2006, 10:50:21 pm
See,  this is my point,  how can you ask me about questioning your knowledge when you do not show it-  how can you make a statement about no improvement without acknowledging the improved years we had-1999 to name one,  they just do not let anyone go to the cotten Bowl,  I have been to 2 under HDN so it is just wrong for you to say that their has been no improvement.
How many players have come here and either been "Bigtime" recruits (see Fred Bledsoe, DeArrius Howard) or amazing as freshmen (see Cedric Cobbs, Matt Jones) and never gotten better, or actually degenerated as players in their time here.  Good grief!, Matt was here for four years and never learned how to carry a friggin football.  How many players on the team that beat Texas in the Cotton went on to at least make NFL rosters?  That team should have competed for the SEC championship and a BCS beth the next year, but instead lost a couple they should have won and got beat in the Independent Musicians of Las Vegas Bowl for the Criminally Insane.  Show me you know something other than "We went to a bowl, all is well".