Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

May 06, 2024, 01:21:56 am

Question for the darksiders.

Started by quest4excellence, September 23, 2006, 08:28:12 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

quest4excellence

Will Houston ever get credit in any victory this year?  Tonight, I've read that nutt calls all the plays accept for the good ones, to me that sounds a little crazy.  But, seriously any credit at all?  We are 3 - 1 with a true freshman quarterback and a entire offense learning a new playbook.  That sounds pretty good to me.

Word to ya motha! -Vanilla Ice

Cavehog

HDN is about as relevant to this team as my mother in law is to my marriage.
If you never streaked down Sorority Row, caught the Bud Man twice in one night, or threw a pitcher of beer under the table when ABC came into the Hog Trough . . . you're just a wannabe.

Count_Porkula

Looks like Coach Nutt has the program headed in the right direction.

RazorRaider

Quote from: flhogfan on September 23, 2006, 08:28:12 pm
Will Houston ever get credit in any victory this year?  Tonight, I've read that nutt calls all the plays accept for the good ones, to me that sounds a little crazy.  But, seriously any credit at all?  We are 3 - 1 with a true freshman quarterback and a entire offense learning a new playbook.  That sounds pretty good to me.

He gets credit for every win. He is always bragging about how well he did or  that he called that play brother. :)
Quote from: LA HAWG on January 18, 2007, 08:00:42 am
No BCS Bowl Games.
No SEC Championships.
1 10 win season.
2-5 in bowl games.
0-2 in SECCG.

How many times do we need to post this stuff?

HogFaninGA

Quote from: Cavehog on September 23, 2006, 08:28:54 pm

I agree---Nutt's saving grace is Gus and the Springdale 4.  Without them he would of already been gone.  No, he will not ever get any credit, nor should he.  He has been given 8+ years to make AR competetive and utterly failed.  How long is long enough?  Nutt has been given chance after chance.  He is on life support and his only saving grace is Gus and the boys.

Gonzo

It was a fine finr win today for the Hogs, and I give the players and the staff (mostly the players as always) the credit for that, but even the biggest hugger should admit that the kicker for the opponent was the biggest factor in an Arkansas vicotry for the second straight week.

Go Hogs! Beat Auburn!

SPAL

You want us to give credit to nutt for what we saw today?....we tried our hardest to give away another home game, but bama tried even harder to make us keep the gift. If teams in the SEC could kick FG's we woudl be 1-3 (0-2) with loses to a horrible team and 1 mediocre football team, a blowout at home and a close win over a horrible utah state team....we simply arent good, and that falls on nutt.

nwarazfan

None of our coaches deserve much credit tonight.  Gus called ONE good drive.  Herring made nice halftime adjustments that lasted about a qtr.

TOM "tbw1"

Even if we were 0-12 the huggers would praise Nutt.

As so many have said, this season is for the players.
Well see, there's your problem. What you should be thinking is, what would Harry Rex do?

HatfieldHog

He'll get the credit when his coaching is what causes us to win, and it's obvious!

REALITY: We won today, because Bama can't kick a field goal!

I'm not griping about the win, I love it, and we were due some good luck, but if you see this win as anything but great luck, you're stretching!

See ya
Give a man a fish, he will eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he will spend all of his money on fishing tackle.....!

football17

Quote from: Cavehog on September 23, 2006, 08:28:54 pm

Now, that was funny...

The only thing Houston deserves credit for is that he still knows the words to the fight song...

football17

Quote from: nwarazfan on September 23, 2006, 08:37:33 pm
None of our coaches deserve much credit tonight.  Gus called ONE good drive.  Herring made nice halftime adjustments that lasted about a qtr.

You are certainly a Gus and MM hater... dont you realize what the first four game would've been like without them?

Cavehog

HDN is following in Frank's footsteps.  Developing another great assistant, GM, who will learn the college game, go to another school as head coach and compete for a national championship.  While we sit home and wonder what could have been . . .
If you never streaked down Sorority Row, caught the Bud Man twice in one night, or threw a pitcher of beer under the table when ABC came into the Hog Trough . . . you're just a wannabe.

quest4excellence

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on September 23, 2006, 08:36:31 pm
You want us to give credit to nutt for what we saw today?....we tried our hardest to give away another home game, but bama tried even harder to make us keep the gift. If teams in the SEC could kick FG's we woudl be 1-3 (0-2) with loses to a horrible team and 1 mediocre football team, a blowout at home and a close win over a horrible utah state team....we simply arent good, and that falls on nutt.

If we would of lost it would have been because we beat ourselves, however, I love MM, but those 3 picks were costly. 

Besides, I thought I just read that the HC isn't relevant to the game.  If that's true then winning or losing doesn't lye on the HC's shoulder at all right?

BlackKnightHogFan

Balls fall where they may... despite the fact you wish we were 1-3 we aren't.  We beat a decent team today, why don't you celebrate the win?
Upon the fields of friendly strife are sown the seeds that upon other fields; on other days, will bear the fruits of victory.  -Douglas MacArthur

Member #:  9524

HogFaninGA

Quote from: BlackKnightHogFan on September 23, 2006, 08:41:05 pm

Balls fall where they may... despite the fact you wish we were 1-3 we aren't.  We beat a decent team today, why don't you celebrate the win?

Just b/c he is against Nutt doesn't mean he isn't happy that we won.  You can be a hog fan w/o supporting Nutt.

hogfan47

Quote from: tbw1 on September 23, 2006, 08:37:46 pm

even if Arkansas went 12-0 some on the darkside would bytch
C L martin

Fort Smith Ark    

start the healing process now

Hong Kong Sooey

Quote from: HatfieldHog on September 23, 2006, 08:38:35 pm
He'll get the credit when his coaching is what causes us to win, and it's obvious!

REALITY: We won today, because Bama can't kick a field goal!

I'm not griping about the win, I love it, and we were due some good luck, but if you see this win as anything but great luck, you're stretching!

See ya
Amen HH!  Houston gets credit for what he does.  What he does is play not to lose and give games away.  Today, Mike Shula wanted to give it away more. 

SPAL

Quote from: BlackKnightHogFan on September 23, 2006, 08:41:05 pm

why do you dang huggers keep insisting that we want the hogs to lose...thats the most asinine thing i have ever heard. I like winning more than anybody on this board, but im not a blind sheep...i see that we arent up to par and we should not have won today....balls fall where they may and they bounced our way, but we cant rely on luck in the SEC...we arent a good football team right now....quit playin it off because we beat bama....at home....a game we shoudl have won, but we nearly loused up anyway.

HogFaninGA

Quote from: hogfan47 on September 23, 2006, 08:43:22 pm
Quote from: tbw1 on September 23, 2006, 08:37:46 pm

even if Arkansas went 12-0 some on the darkside would byitch

LOL your love for Nutt is distracting you from common sense.  Nutt has had his chance.  Now it is time for a change.

lunchbox72703

I called those four missed kicks Brotha!!!  I called the wind change last week Brotha!!!  I called the devil to thank him for our "deal" brotha!!!   Nuttamania!!!!!!

Hoggam's Razor

Lets keep it simple.  He gets all the credit for the wins and the losses.
Period.
I hate it when people complain.

nwarazfan

Quote from: football17 on September 23, 2006, 08:39:40 pm
Quote from: nwarazfan on September 23, 2006, 08:37:33 pm

You are certainly a Gus and MM hater... dont you realize what the first four game would've been like without them?

Nope, just a realist and not a SD homer.

HogFaninGA

Quote from: lunchbox72703 on September 23, 2006, 08:45:22 pm

I called those four missed kicks Brotha!!!  I called the wind change last week Brotha!!!  I called the devil to thank him for our "deal" brotha!!!   Nuttamania!!!!!!

Now that is funny!!!

Cavehog

Let's see.  Darksiders (like me) would want HDN gone even after a winning season and we're INSANE.  But huggers want him to stay after TWO losing seasons and they're LOYAL?  Guess I need a straightjacket.

strawhog

Quote from: HogFaninGA on September 23, 2006, 08:46:33 pm
Quote from: lunchbox72703 on September 23, 2006, 08:45:22 pm

Now that is funny!!!
Your the man thats awesome

quest4excellence

Quote from: phitauhog on September 23, 2006, 08:45:59 pm
Period.

That's what being a HC is all about right?  I get pissed at Nutt when we lose, but I gotta say good game coach if we win too.  He deserves just as much credit as the bama kicker.

HogFaninGA

Quote from: Cavehog on September 23, 2006, 08:46:55 pm
Let's see.  Darksiders (like me) would want HDN gone even after a winning season and we're INSANE.  But huggers want him to stay after TWO losing seasons and they're LOYAL?  Guess I need a straightjacket.

Huggers don't make any sense.  They are blinded by the kool-aid Nutt gives them.

hogfanforlife

IF you BLAME him for the losses you MUST credit him for the wins

SPAL

Quote from: HogFaninGA on September 23, 2006, 08:48:28 pm
Quote from: Cavehog on September 23, 2006, 08:46:55 pm

Huggers don't make any sense.  They are blinded by the kool-aid Nutt gives them.
is it the koolaid or is it the "best grass in the world" he pushes

Hoggam's Razor

Quote from: flhogfan on September 23, 2006, 08:48:10 pm
Period.

That's what being a HC is all about right?  I get pissed at Nutt when we lose, but I gotta say good game coach if we win too.  He deserves just as much credit as the bama kicker.

Blame the Alabama kicker on Shula and the win on Nutt.
I hate it when people complain.

TulsaHogFan

Why do you care about who gets credit?

I am just glad we won a game in the SEC. 

Why is the person who gets the credit a big deal to people? 

Who cares whether it was Gus that did it, or HDN.  We won.

Count_Porkula

Hogville really ought to print up some "Coach Nuttmania" t-shirts for us to wear to the Little Rock games.

PigPusher

Okay where did you read that?  I don't believe the part about it being reported that Nutt is calling the signals because you dan plainly see by watching the sideline a little that this is not the case. They to converse with each other but not in long conversations.
A loyal and proud Hogville Hog since 07-01-2003 "pushing" our hogs: And a loyal Razorback fan since 1954.

Flatfoot

How bout that time out letting precious seconds run off the clock with about 1:47 left in the game.  I am sorry, I am excited as anyone we won, but that was gutless.  That was absolutely horrible.

Hire Butch Now!
Thank God for Hogville.  I get my Hog Therapy here everyday.

John Futrall

Period.

Not on this board he does.

PorcineSublime

Quote from: TulsaHogFan on September 23, 2006, 09:15:12 pm

Why do you care about who gets credit?

I am just glad we won a game in the SEC. 

Why is the person who gets the credit a big deal to people? 

Who cares whether it was Gus that did it, or HDN.  We won.

I gotta say that these are prety much my feelings as well. I am to tired of it all fronow. We won, and that is enough today. Tommorrow or Monday, I will reassess if HDN is "good" or "evil", but today I am happy for the guys.

I would also put forth that Mitch learned way more from today than he has in all his other games. You learn more from adversity, and Lord knows we had some today. It may be ugly in two weeks, it may not. Either way I will enjoy the next two weeks more than if the kicker had hit that FG or PAT.WPS
Sittin in the morning sun, I'll be sittin here when evening comes.

Idahog

The Razorbacks will get all the credit for wins, the Head Coach will get all the credit for losses.

Its simple. its how it is, it is how it should be.

See my sig.
Quote from: Pork Twain on February 11, 2015, 07:11:54 am
Let me explain how this works...  If I have four really good meals in a row, I am thankful for that and I do not withhold my thanks for fear that the next meal might suck.

Hogwill

What most of you are missing is the fact that this is a team sport.  The Blame and Credit goes to the Whole team.  I wonder how many of you out there actually have played this game and understand how much has to be contributed by all to get a win or a loss.  That game today was VERY sloppy.  We were lucky to win.  But you know what-  I have heard it many times in football that people would rather be lucky than good.  It also takes luck to win.  I am just excited that we won an SEC game at Home against a ranked opponent.  because guess what - yes they missed the kicks,  but you who mention this should also take into consideration that we turned the ball over 3 times......we still won.  and for all of MM mistakes which we all should expect from a true freshmen,  in the clutch of the moment HE ( not the coaches,  but he and BC)  found a way to win in a pressure situation,  That is what I am hanging my hat on tonight.  Come on guys-  we all want the hogs to win,  we all want them to improve.  we want to have a great TEAM.  lets focus on that and at the end of the year- lets make the needed adjustments to continue to improve-  if this means getting rid of some coaches so be it ,  but know is the time to get behind the program.  this is sort of like when this contry goes to war.  we do not need to criticize anyone at this time.  it is after the battles that we look back and analyze what needs to be adjusted.  so my message is-  Dark siders-  compile your facts and at the end of the year lets evaluate Nutt on the facts.  but for know lets all get behind the program 100% so that we give these boys no reasons to give it 100%  I sure would hate it if we fans were the cause of these players not having 100% confidence in the Program.  not whale we are in the middle of the season.

EastexHawg

We don't need a new coach...we just need to schedule more teams with kickers who suck.

Can't you darksiders see the genius in Nutt's strategy?

jamie72921

It feels good to have won. Realistically, 4 missed field goals is why we won. If you want to give Nutt credit for that go ahead. You sound like those guys on Sat Night Live from the Ditka skit however, just replace Ditka with Nutt.
Bless your heart

Hong Kong Sooey

Quote from: Hogwill on September 23, 2006, 09:47:16 pm
What most of you are missing is the fact that this is a team sport.  The Blame and Credit goes to the Whole team.  I wonder how many of you out there actually have played this game and understand how much has to be contributed by all to get a win or a loss.  That game today was VERY sloppy.  We were lucky to win.  But you know what-  I have heard it many times in football that people would rather be lucky than good.  It also takes luck to win.  I am just excited that we won an SEC game at Home against a ranked opponent.  because guess what - yes they missed the kicks,  but you who mention this should also take into consideration that we turned the ball over 3 times......we still won.  and for all of MM mistakes which we all should expect from a true freshmen,  in the clutch of the moment HE ( not the coaches,  but he and BC)  found a way to win in a pressure situation,  That is what I am hanging my hat on tonight.  Come on guys-  we all want the hogs to win,  we all want them to improve.  we want to have a great TEAM.  lets focus on that and at the end of the year- lets make the needed adjustments to continue to improve-  if this means getting rid of some coaches so be it ,  but know is the time to get behind the program.  this is sort of like when this contry goes to war.  we do not need to criticize anyone at this time.  it is after the battles that we look back and analyze what needs to be adjusted.  so my message is-  Dark siders-  compile your facts and at the end of the year lets evaluate Nutt on the facts.  but for know lets all get behind the program 100% so that we give these boys no reasons to give it 100%  I sure would hate it if we fans were the cause of these players not having 100% confidence in the Program.  not whale we are in the middle of the season.
I wonder how many newbies are going to post "How much football have you ever played?  I bet it ain't much".  We have had 8+ years to evaluate Houston Dale.  I don't really need more time.  I can say with confidence that HDN sucks.

Tusks

For those that missed Ida's sig line.

"If anything goes bad, I did it. If anything goes semi-good,we did it. If anything goes really good, then you did it. That's all it takes to get people to win football games for you. If you have an intercepted pass, I threw it, I'm the head coach. If a punt gets blocked, I caused it. A bad practice, a bad game, it's up to the head coach to assume responsibility." ~The Bear
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

BigoBoys

Quote from: Hong Kong Sooey on September 23, 2006, 09:53:07 pm
I wonder how many newbies are going to post "How much football have you ever played?  I bet it ain't much".  We have had 8+ years to evaluate Houston Dale.  I don't really need more time.  I can say with confidence that HDN sucks.
Take a breath!  We are 2-0 in the SEC and 3-1 overall.  Either get on the wagon or get off.  Don't derail the wagon.  I've been here way longer than 8+ years.  All I can say is that we won.    You need to decide whose side you are on.

loserhog3-7

As far as I'm concerned the Head Coach gets everything. The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly. No matter what. He oversees everything on both sides of the ball. Win or lose he's ultimately responsible.

Hong Kong Sooey

Quote from: BigoBoys on September 23, 2006, 09:59:01 pm
Take a breath!  We are 2-0 in the SEC and 3-1 overall.  Either get on the wagon or get off.  Don't derail the wagon.  I've been here way longer than 8+ years.  All I can say is that we won.    You need to decide whose side you are on.
Get a clue.  I know whose side I'm on.  I'm a Hog Fan, not a Houston Nutt fan.  The wagon has a warped wheel, a busted tongue, and the trace chains are dragging the ground.  You get on if you want, I'll kep my feet planted firmly on the ground.

Hogwill

It is true I am a newbie to this forum but I am not a newbie to football or for that matter Razorback football.  I have been a dedicated fan from the age of 4.  I have seen this team play under 7 coaches and I am as excited about this TEAM's future now as I have ever been.  this is with or without HDN.  because like the president in government,  the HC gets to much credit AND to much blame.  this is what I mean about a team effort.  their is plenty of blame and praise to go around games like the one we had today.  as far as HDN being as bad as this board makes him out to be.  I can tell you that their have been a significant number of games in the Past 9 years that I would call the best I have ever seen.  I will never forget the feeling I had in 2000 in Dallas seeing us put it to Texas.  I will never forget the feeling sitting in a sportsbar in Tempe AZ as I say us almost (thanks Client) beat a really good Tennessee team.   These games were great and they belong to the team,  the whole team (this includes the coaches)

hogfanforlife

Well said.

hogfanforlife

Don't forget the win over LSU in Little Rock

HogFaninGA

You can be for the Hogs and the players and not support Nutt.  To say otherwise is unfair and ignorant.