Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

May 01, 2024, 04:53:21 pm

7/22 97yd , 1TD..3INT

Started by leggman131652002, September 23, 2006, 08:11:09 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

BlackKnightHogFan

Quote from: leggman131652002 on September 23, 2006, 08:23:16 pm
leave him in the game...let him learn..u guys are unreal...Who is to say that Casey couldnt have did better...he did win a couple and let us have a chance against LSU last year!!
I still stand with the opinion that Mitch was stuggling and should have been replaced with Casey in this game.. Mitch could have still learned..he cant throw into triple coverage and get by with it..

Yes he is learning, but would have Casey put the ball on the money to Ben in the second overtime...we will never know.  What is sooooooo...encouraging from this game is the freshman QB can make some mistakes and we can still win.  If that is the case, just think what lies ahead of us as he gets assimilated into the offense.
Upon the fields of friendly strife are sown the seeds that upon other fields; on other days, will bear the fruits of victory.  -Douglas MacArthur

Member #:  9524

Hong Kong Sooey

Quote from: fineswine on September 23, 2006, 08:29:38 pm
A defensive score and poor kicking by Bama equates with Mitch being wonderful tonight??  I'll have what you people are having.
No, Mitch was not even good tonight.  Mitch is, however, the future of the Razorbacks.  Pulling him today might have given us a slightly more impressive win, but what would it have done for the program?  After those INTs, that OT TD pass was just what the Dr ordered.  His confidence took a big hit, but he kept slinging and recovered it and won us the game.  Casey may have won more easily, but Casey will never have a shot at a Heismann or NC...Mitch has the talent to achieve either.  I'm not saying he will get either, but the potential is there.  It isn't there in any other QB on our roster.

strawhog

Mitch is the future of AR football go up and like it

nwarazfan

Quote from: BlackKnightHogFan on September 23, 2006, 08:36:07 pm
leave him in the game...let him learn..u guys are unreal...Who is to say that Casey couldnt have did better...he did win a couple and let us have a chance against LSU last year!!
I still stand with the opinion that Mitch was stuggling and should have been replaced with Casey in this game.. Mitch could have still learned..he cant throw into triple coverage and get by with it..

Yes he is learning, but would have Casey put the ball on the money to Ben in the second overtime...we will never know.  What is sooooooo...encouraging from this game is the freshman QB can make some mistakes and we can still win.  If that is the case, just think what lies ahead of us as he gets assimilated into the offense.

Most Div 1 qb's could have and should have made that throw.  Great play on the ball by Ben.

strawhog

Quote from: WestMemphisHogFan on September 23, 2006, 08:29:05 pm
I posted this in another thread, but it actually fits better here:

I agree that MM didn't have a good game.  But great ones who have "IT" find a way to come up with big plays in spite of playing bad.  My man Peyton Manning has done it for years.  He can have a HORRIBLE game, but make a big play at the end of the game.  No, I'm not comparing Mitch to Peyton, but again the great ones play through the bad games, and find a way to win! Bottom line, Mitch is 3-0 as a starter, 2-0 in the SEC.  I will take it.  He will be a better QB because he stayed in and played through his struggles.
I smell what your cookin Memphis I agree 100%

football17

Quote from: nwarazfan on September 23, 2006, 08:38:52 pm

Most Div 1 qb's could have and should have made that throw.  Great play on the ball by Ben.

You obviously have something personal against Gus and MM

jforte

We won the game....nuff said...MM connected when it counted...

HogFaninGA

Mitch is a winner and that is all that matters for now.

nwarazfan

Ah, the double standard gets trashed. 

HogInTigerLand

Running out of bounds in OT...I seem to remember a seasoned SEC veteran QB (Jamarcus Russell)...Being tackled inbounds during the final minutes of the Auburn game...Granted it wasn't OT, but he did it none the less...Yes Mitch's performance could have cost us the game, but it did not...The HOGS offense had the guts to call that play in OT and execute...It was a dangerous pass, but the result was TD...Our offense and defense will learn from this experinece and press on...Let's at least enjoy this vicotry, even if momentarily before we start bashing!

Salvaboar Dali

Quote from: football17 on September 23, 2006, 08:42:13 pm
Quote from: nwarazfan on September 23, 2006, 08:38:52 pm

You obviously have something personal against Gus and MM

Or he has eyes and the mystical power of independent thought.