Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

May 10, 2024, 09:42:28 am

Is God a hog fan?

Started by Calico_Hog, September 23, 2006, 05:59:18 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Calico_Hog

HBTHogs

HogFaninGA

on this day he was and Nutt better put more than his 10% donation tomorrow in church.

Cavehog

Worse than that.  God may be a hugger!
If you never streaked down Sorority Row, caught the Bud Man twice in one night, or threw a pitcher of beer under the table when ABC came into the Hog Trough . . . you're just a wannabe.

PORK CHOP

wooooooooo piiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiig sooooooooooooooooooooooieeeeeeeeeeeeeee

ballhog88

If god's a hugger what's that tell ya. Its time to jump on the hugger mobile.

SuthrnFballer15

"Prepare yourself, you know it's a must Gotta have a friend in Jesus.........Goin' up to the Spirit in the sky" :razorback:
"If you're attitude is 'I was good yesterday,' you can't do that at Arkansas. Whoever your opponent is, it's a big game. Everything is up for grabs." - Coach Pelphrey

"I'm not really good at being a shifty kind of guy who likes to make moves -- I like to be a straight-line guy and run over somebody if I can."
-Peyton Hillis

"Its not the size of the dog in the fight, its the size of the fight in the dog" - Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant

JBucc

Once Paul got up there he kicked God out and took over. No more losses for us!
Read the guidelines for signature images.

nwarazfan

IT'S THE CURSE OF NOLAN!  WE ARE DESTINED TO KEEP NUTT!

Root Hog

SPAL

God has more important thing to worry about than college football.

hawgfan80

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on September 23, 2006, 07:13:14 pm

Yeah, God definitely has more importants things to worry about. But, if He did become a Hog fan, I'm not sure what changed. These games have gone against us the last 2 years, so its about time the breaks go our way.

The Hog

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on September 23, 2006, 07:13:14 pm
But he does care about his people and some are involved in a very important position of college football.
Automatic RUN!

karma26

I honestly don't think God takes sides in football. I'm happy over a win and I'll celebrate all night but I won't attribute it to God taking sides. I wish he did but if that were the case we would have beaten USC.   :)  :razorback:

Cavehog

Good post Karma.  After all if God likes football, how do you explain Phil Fulmer?
If you never streaked down Sorority Row, caught the Bud Man twice in one night, or threw a pitcher of beer under the table when ABC came into the Hog Trough . . . you're just a wannabe.

HogFaninGA

If God tells me personally to support Nutt, that will be the only way I will support that guy.  Nutt uses his religion as a way to gather support.  He exploits it.  I doubt God endorses that.

hawgfan80

Quote from: HogFaninGA on September 23, 2006, 07:46:20 pm
If God tells me personally to support Nutt, that will be the only way I will support that guy.  Nutt uses his religion as a way to gather support.  He exploits it.  I doubt God endorses that.

How does he use his religion to gather support? Just curious.

HogFaninGA

Quote from: hawgfan80 on September 23, 2006, 08:48:51 pm
Quote from: HogFaninGA on September 23, 2006, 07:46:20 pm

How does he use his religion to gather support? Just curious.

He does it like a lot of politicians do it, by mentioning their faith to gain blind faith in them.  Nutt uses this tactic at speeches he does.  I'm not saying he isn't a Christian.  I don't know if he is or isn't.  I hope he is.  But many that have faith in him as a coach do so b/c he uses his Christianity as a way to gain respect and loyalty from them.  Many people do this.  Is it right or wrong, that is for each person to judge.  I believe he should be judged by the way he coaches.  He is paid to win games and on that record after 8+ years as the leader of the program, he has failed.

The Hog

Quote from: Cavehog on September 23, 2006, 07:41:16 pm
Good post Karma.  After all if God likes football, how do you explain Phil Fulmer?
He might be one of God's chosen.  After all he did lead the Vols to a Championship.  Get real.  I hope others outside Arkansas do not read such ludicrous statement.
Automatic RUN!