Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

May 08, 2024, 03:41:29 am

To the darksiders......

Started by Tusks, September 20, 2006, 10:28:04 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Tusks

Apathy and exhaustion.... I'm sorry fellow darksiders but it's happened.  Someone else is going to have to carry the ball, hold the rope, keep preaching on because exhaustion at watching the HDN show (the program he runs not his tv show) has finally taken its toll on this darksider.  The same gut feeling that told me he wasn't the right man for the job 1998 (reading OH and then Tn&MSU) is telling me this man is NOT going anywhere anytime soon.  He will ride MM coat tails for the next four years and hog fans have him until JFB retires and a new AD is hired.

I'll predict right here, right now, that MM will not win a SECC with HDN as the coach.  MM will win a lot of games, but I just don't think he can overcome SEC defenses and HDN at the same time.  It's really too bad because with a top national level coaching staff MM is good enough to win the SEC and take the Hogs to a BCS bowl and maybe more.

I want to add, I think MM might be the best player to ever play for the Hogs.   Providing he doesn't get hurt, he's easily the best QB to ever put on a Hog uniform.  He doesn't force things like Joe did and I think he's a better student of the game than Joe was at the same age.

Keep preaching the word and don't let the huggers get the best of you.  But I'm letting go of the rope and accepting the fact that the Hogs are a perennial 'just a play away' for a long long time.

WPS
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

Winner

Funny thing is, the Nutt supporters have accepted the fact that the Hogs are always just a play away or a year away.  They're just OK with it. 

fire_hog

I'm right there with you. The only way I've been able to endure this Cluster of Epic Proportions is to look upon it as high comedy. If I viewed it as drama, I'd end up pulling my hair out with frustration.
In a coaching business so full of phonies who talk character only to bend the rules, who consider the definition of discipline a player's weight-room attendance, who wouldn't dare pull something like this because it might hurt recruiting, here's Joe Pa, four decades on the job and not giving a damn. Except about what's right. - Dan Wetzel, Yahoo Sports

Pig Power

Don't give up!!!! There is light at the end of the Dale tunnel..... Promise  ;D

and Go Hogs GO!!!! :razorback:

whatsshakinbacon

Quote from: Pig Power on September 20, 2006, 10:34:34 am
Don't give up!!!! There is light at the end of the Dale tunnel..... Promise  ;D

and Go Hogs GO!!!! :razorback:

Whooooooowhoooooooo, chugga chugga chugga chugga, whooooooooowhooooooooo

Bacon out...

whatsshakinbacon

That light is the Broyles-Lindsey express, running roughshod over Razorback fans on the track of mediocrity.

Bacon out...

1stwordswerewoopig

I like MM and hope that he BECOMES the best QB to ever play at Arkansas.  However, I wouldn't make that declaration right now.

Injuries, poor team(s), etc.  A lot of things have an effect on a QB's career.

whatsshakinbacon

Quote from: hogapalooza on September 20, 2006, 10:38:11 am
Hmm....

I guess I'm stuck at the station of

FIRE HDN! 

Watch out for the kool-aid vendor in the corner.

Bacon out...

Pig Power

Quote from: whatsshakinbacon on September 20, 2006, 10:38:56 am
Quote from: hogapalooza on September 20, 2006, 10:38:11 am
Hmm....

I guess I'm stuck at the station of

FIRE HDN! 

Watch out for the kool-aid vendor in the corner.

Bacon out...
And the massage booth....Don't forget about the "best grass" stand next to the kool-aid vendor

HogFaninGA

Nutted: I feel the same way.  I hope and pray that Nutt is fired and fired soon, but for whatever reason this man brings the term "Teflon man" to a new meaning.  He has more lives than a dozen cats.  Like Bacon posted yesterday, I'm getting to a point that I'm becoming emotionally detached from the Hogs.  Don't get me wrong, I hope they win, but I don't get upset if they don't like I used to.  Until Nutt is finally gone, there will be a civil war going on between fans (Huggers--Darksiders).  I for one, will continue to be an outspoken critic of HDN and will not be giving any money to the Razorback foundation until there are changes on the Hill.  I have already sent them a letter stating my reasons.  I know my measly $2,500 is nothing to them, but at least it made me feel better.

P.S.  To all of you Darksiders--continue the fight--the light at the end of the tunnel hopefully will come soon.

Tusks

I finally got my cherry popped.... I had a post moved....it wasn't my intention but hey.....I'll take anything I can get that's Razorback related now days.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

Ugly Uncle

I'm weary also.  Sometimes you just get  tired.

However, I have yet begun to fight.

I have been quiet lately...but not because I am sipping at the kool-aide corner.  It  is  the quiet before the storm.  Many will come and proclaim that HDN has turned the corner...I for one will never believe it.  Our program has and will turn the corner...but turn right into a speeding Mack truck called mediocrity and wasted opportunity...driven by HDN and powered by FB and Lindsey.

This saga is exactly like watching a horrific wreck.  It is horrible to watch, but yet you can't look away.

I will do my best to do what I can to help our program get out of this life threatening situation.  I have yet begun to fight...I'm weary...but I am ready to fight for the good of our program!
Retired Radio Host

hogsNbeer

Quote from: uglyuncle on September 20, 2006, 10:53:30 am
I'm weary also.  Sometimes you just get  tired.

However, I have yet begun to fight.

I have been quiet lately...but not because I am sipping at the kool-aide corner.  It  is  the quiet before the storm.  Many will come and proclaim that HDN has turned the corner...I for one will never believe it.  Our program has and will turn the corner...but turn right into a speeding Mack truck called mediocrity and wasted opportunity...driven by HDN and powered by FB and Lindsey.

This saga is exactly like watching a horrific wreck.  It is horrible to watch, but yet you can't look away.

I will do my best to do what I can to help our program get out of this life threatening situation.  I have yet begun to fight...I'm weary...but I am ready to fight for the good of our program!

I'm with ya UU.....  I still hold out hope that the powers that be will see the light at the end of the season....I, for one, think NUTT has been here long enough, and can't be FIRED soon enough...... The guy is a disgrace to the school and an embarassment to our program........ Although, I have become kinda detached as well as the other poster...I really dont' get upset much anymore when we lose......   Kinda like I see it coming.....   Nutt will be Fired!!!!!!!

tobs54

I can't believe that most of you haters actually believe that HDN is the cause of all of the problems on the hill.  Surely the thought must have crossed at least one of your minds that FB is the true problem with the programs.  In the last few years, most of the athletic programs have begun to slip and yet FB makes no changes anywhere (with the exception of the hiring of a high school coach to fill a position in the toughest conference in the NCAA).  I am positive that HDN is not the root of all evil, and that you guys are just looking too hard to place blame.

Ugly Uncle

Quote from: tobs54 on September 20, 2006, 02:35:05 pm
I can't believe that most of you haters actually believe that HDN is the cause of all of the problems on the hill.  Surely the thought must have crossed at least one of your minds that FB is the true problem with the programs.  In the last few years, most of the athletic programs have begun to slip and yet FB makes no changes anywhere (with the exception of the hiring of a high school coach to fill a position in the toughest conference in the NCAA).  I am positive that HDN is not the root of all evil, and that you guys are just looking too hard to place blame.

I actually do believe it is FB's fault that we are in this shape.  Reason?  He hasn't fired HDN yet.  It goes back to FB for keeping one who is so coaching  challenged in that position.
Retired Radio Host

DeltaBoy

I won't stop the FB and HDN are GONE!
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.