Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Reckon the "Committee" regrets passing up Tommy Tubberville for Houston?

Started by Slacker, September 19, 2006, 09:11:22 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Reckon the "Committee" regrets passing up  Tommy Tubberville for Houston?

Yes
36 (76.6%)
No
11 (23.4%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Slacker

Arazorbackguy1

Nope, he would have come and gone faster than a 90 yr. old on anna nicole.
I have 10 to 12 points to make per game.

Arazorbackguy1

I have 10 to 12 points to make per game.

Calling All Hogs

At the time I don't think TT was better than Nutt. Nutt owned him on the field for a few years. What I do beleive is that TT has grown and gotten better as a coach and does not let ego get in the way of having a good supporting cast. Nutt has actually gotten worse and only makes the changes in staff forced upon him.

Slacker

Quote from: CallMeHog on September 19, 2006, 09:17:59 pm
At the time I don't think TT was better than Nutt. Nutt owned him on the field for a few years. What I do believe is that TT has grown and gotten better as a coach and does not let ego get in the way of having a good supporting cast. Nutt has actually gotten worse and only makes the changes in staff forced upon him.

Good point. When watching TT on the sideline, he's calm, cool and collected. Not running around looking like a chicken with it's head cut off. Example, the Aubie/LSU ame, TT looked smooth as silk on the sidelines. And that was a pressure game. Can't say the same for our HC in pressure games.

SAUhogfan

Too true 1WildHog, not to mention Nutt holding up the Hog helmet and giving the "Number 1" sign.  Glad we are tickled pink to beat Vandy.

jkcrunch

Winner

Quote from: jkcrunch on September 19, 2006, 09:40:12 pm
No because he would still Auburn's coach today

I love these arguments.  Even the Nutt supporters can't with a straight face argue that Nutt was a better choice over Tuberville, so they just create this idea that Tuberville would never have stayed at Arkansas, so Nutt is the better choice.  It's comical.  It's not based on fact, just speculation.  Tuberville got hired at Auburn the year after Nutt was hired at Arkansas.  Even if you think that Tuberville would have left for Auburn, do you really believe he would have left the next year for Auburn?  At least make a reasonable argument, like he would have gone to the NFL or something.

Root Hog

Quote from: Winner on September 19, 2006, 09:58:42 pm
Quote from: jkcrunch on September 19, 2006, 09:40:12 pm
No because he would still Auburn's coach today

I love these arguments.  Even the Nutt supporters can't with a straight face argue that Nutt was a better choice over Tuberville, so they just create this idea that Tuberville would never have stayed at Arkansas, so Nutt is the better choice.  It's comical.  It's not based on fact, just speculation.  Tuberville got hired at Auburn the year after Nutt was hired at Arkansas.  Even if you think that Tuberville would have left for Auburn, do you really believe he would have left the next year for Auburn?  At least make a reasonable argument, like he would have gone to the NFL or something.

Its the same argument they always make - Arkansas isn't good enough, be glad we have Nutt.  It REALLY makes me mad to read this crap.  Funny thing is I never hear anyone say it, I only read it.  Makes me wonder who is typing it.

ConwayHog

SAUhogfan

Why did this get moved?  It's no worse than some of the stuff on the main board, less the rectum sore comment.

imahoggie

i dont consider myself pro-nutt or anti-nutt but what makes anyone feel that TT would have come in and done any better or worse than HDN.... hindsight is 20/20.  i mean neither coach was lighting it up before the arkansas job search began. HDN seemed to be what razorback football needed at the time in order to get the fanbase re-energized and excited again. i remeber thinking that the rah-rah stuff would only slide if the results followed. we got HDN and auburn got TT. HDN had more success earlier than TT who was almost run out of town a few years ago. HDN got a 2 year pass while TT adjusted and turned AUB into a national title contender. the difference was changes made to the staff. TT changed and HDN didnt.... untill this year.

the powers that be will have a decision to make if, by the end of the year, this coaching staff and team havent shown signifigant signs of improvement. this could mean a few changes, wholesale changes, but most likely would involve another "commitee".
Arkansan by birth. Razorback fan by the grace of god.

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.