Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mike Anderson should be dancing in March

Started by Niels Boar, February 04, 2009, 10:52:04 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Niels Boar

Big win in Austin tonight over Texass.  Missouri is now 3rd in the Big 12 at 6-2 behind the undefeated Sooners and Jayhawks.  They get OU at home at the end of the season.  It could be big.  They have a home and home with Kansas left.  The rest of their schedule is fairly light.  Missouri is 5-2 against the RPI top 50, and 3-2 on the road.

Olhickory

Couldn't happen to a nicer guy.  The man gave most of his adult life building up the Arkansas program.  I hope he cuts down the nets the first of April

Oliver

I'm beginning to see how we beat Texas at home.  Texas looks vulnerable to decent teams.  This is the 2nd unranked team they have lost to in Austin.  I still have no idea how in the hell we beat OU.  OU might not lose another game until the NCAAT, especially with the Big 12 almost being as weak as the SEC.

Niels Boar

Quote from: Oliver Miller on February 04, 2009, 10:56:23 pm
I'm beginning to see how we beat Texas at home.  Texas looks vulnerable to decent teams.  This is the 2nd unranked team they have lost to in Austin.  I still have no idea how in the hell we beat OU.  OU might not lose another game until the NCAAT, especially with the Big 12 almost being as weak as the SEC.

Texas is an average offensive team.  They can be defended on a given night.  Still, wins at Wisconsin, at Baylor, Villanova (neutral), and UCLA in Austin are nothing to sneeze at.

Oliver

Quote from: Niels Boar on February 04, 2009, 11:07:37 pm
Texas is an average offensive team.  They can be defended on a given night.  Still, wins at Wisconsin, at Baylor, Villanova (neutral), and UCLA in Austin are nothing to sneeze at.

No, they are a good team.  They are a true "up and down" team.  They have many quality wins and some bad losses.  Not 2 quality wins and many bad losses.

mizzouman

Quote from: Oliver Miller on February 04, 2009, 11:10:41 pm
No, they are a good team.  They are a true "up and down" team.  They have many quality wins and some bad losses.  Not 2 quality wins and many bad losses.

I see Arkansas and maybe, maybe K-State as their only bad losses.

Oliver

Quote from: mizzouman on February 04, 2009, 11:15:13 pm
I see Arkansas and maybe, maybe K-State as their only bad losses.

Though Missouri is miles better than Arkansas and K-State, a top 25 team doesn't need to lose to an unranked team on their home court.  That's a bad loss...not as bad as the Arkansas and K-State losses...but a bad loss.  That being said, great win tonight and congratulations.