Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Basketball or football ?

Started by elksnort, February 04, 2009, 09:47:20 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

elksnort

The football team is going to make us happier sooner than the basketball team. Book it.

Considering that basketball teams should be able to be built more quickly, I find this very interesting. Not to mention, proportionally, our basketball program should have more advantages than our football team.

So what's the deal?

Like I said, Arkansas football will make us more happy sooner than the basketball team.

40MINSOFHELL

u base this off what information? i hope not last seasons performance lol

jschulte

Depends on how you define happiness I suppose.  More people watch football, so I guess there will be MORE happiness.  You still have no real reason to think this though.

roundball

I believe you're right on! I'm much more of a basketball fan, but it's not looking good fo Arkansas basketball.

elksnort

Quote from: jschulte on February 04, 2009, 10:29:34 pm
Depends on how you define happiness I suppose.  More people watch football, so I guess there will be MORE happiness.  You still have no real reason to think this though.
How do you know whether I have a reason or not?

One or more reasons are as follows: Other than the against the best teams, our football team competed well (exc. Miss. St. & last 4 min against Kentucky). Of course the football team could have been 0-12 as easily as 7-5. Bottom line, they made progress and they beat the defending NC without their best rb (M. Smith). Let's see.....just signed a stellar class - maybe one of the best in many years (of course, we'll see).

The basketball team has more recent greatness to build upon including facilities (Bud Walton is the best) while RRS is very nice, but not as much better than the others compared to Bud Walton.

The bottom line is that the football team WILL do more than the basketball team next year. Wait and see.

Oliver

Quote from: elksnort on February 04, 2009, 10:45:08 pm
How do you know whether I have a reason or not?

One or more reasons are as follows: Other than the against the best teams, our football team competed well (exc. Miss. St. & last 4 min against Kentucky). Of course the football team could have been 0-12 as easily as 7-5. Bottom line, they made progress and they beat the defending NC without their best rb (M. Smith). Let's see.....just signed a stellar class - maybe one of the best in many years (of course, we'll see).

The basketball team has more recent greatness to build upon including facilities (Bud Walton is the best) while RRS is very nice, but not as much better than the others compared to Bud Walton.

The bottom line is that the football team WILL do more than the basketball team next year. Wait and see.

You forgot to add this...the best football teams that we lost to in the SEC either won championships or made the best bowl games.  The best basketball teams in the SEC that we lose to will be one and done in the NCAAT or done in the second round.

elksnort

Thanks O,

I've been waiting for you help. The mods put the one thread in Vents.