Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Henry and Britt and Snachez and Clarke!

Started by PorkerOinker, February 04, 2009, 09:24:16 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

PorkerOinker

Rebounding and free throws lost this game for us tonight, but I want to address something else I noticed. Jason Henry and Marcus Britt both need to be starting right now in place of Sanchez and Clarke. Right now Sanchez is not helping at all down low and he can not step out and play away from the basket, Henry can at least step out and shoot some and he helps just as much as Sanchez down low. Rotnei Clarke is just not getting it done right now I know he had the big game against Alabama, but they are not a very good team, Clarke is just not athletic enough right now to play a bunch of minutes against teams like Florida, South Carolina, Tenn, LSU, and Kentucky on either end of the floor. He has been getting the best defender on every team put on him, but he has to learn how to get open even against those guys and right now he cannot do it. And it is not because of bad screens or them not passing him the ball, tonight was another night I have noticed him going to the corner and not rotating or moving you can here Fortson yelling at him to rotate and by then it is to late. I am not trying to bash either of these guys I am just telling it like I see it. I think both can be good players for us I just think that right now the team and Clarke and Sanchez would all be better served with them coming off the bench.
"America promises equal opportunity, not equal outcomes"-Paul Ryan

jschulte

well... clarke isn't going to get anymore ATHLETIC.  He may get better skilled, but he is always going to be slow with inability to jump.

PorkerOinker

Quote from: jschulte on February 04, 2009, 09:27:29 pm
well... clarke isn't going to get anymore ATHLETIC.  He may get better skilled, but he is always going to be slow with inability to jump.

Your right he probably will not get anymore athletic, but he can get quicker and faster and learn how to shed defenders better. And in time he will, but that is why he is better served coming off the bench, we can still get just as much production out of him and Britt is by far a better defender right now.
"America promises equal opportunity, not equal outcomes"-Paul Ryan

Tick Hog

I agree by no means bashing a player because i will never do that but clarke does look out of place out there maybe just to slow and when he doesn't hit his shots makes it that much worse. I think he's pressing a little and i know he will start knocking them down. Will be great off the bench but with his feet think we might be losing a little on d. I don't know maybe he's the best we have right now i just don't know?

HogInThaGrove

Anybody see Keiton Page play? He's playing well, gets open shots and has confidence. It has a lot to do with the system hes in  I think Rotnei feels the weight of an entire state on his shoulders. That's a big burden to bear for a freshman. 

jry04

Quote from: jschulte on February 04, 2009, 09:27:29 pm
Clarke is about 5'11 or 6 foot and can dunk. You make it sound like he cannot jump at all. He can dunk with ease...

HawgAdvocate

Rotnei can put the ball on the floor when he wants to. He just isn't.

It's like Nolan said about him: "He needs to decide to own the game."
"The supreme benevolent force of Hogville, who is impervious to pervasive form of confirmation bias, which is inherent to ALL human beings" - intelligence 4/4/16
I used to argue with HA about how Pel ran the basketball team.  I've since learned to like and respect him.  In fact, I'd go as far to say that HA is well connected or extremely perceptive. - Porkatarian, 11/7/12

Porkatarian

Quote from: opineonswine on February 04, 2009, 10:00:06 pm
You speak a lot of truth about Rotnei.  He looks stressed.  It's mental.

Jason Henry played OUTSTANDING tonight.

Courtney played OUTSTANDING.

Stephan Welsh played OUTSTANDING.

We need more animals. 

This is the result of 5 years of decline under Stan Heath.  It's going to require patience as Nolan told the NWA Tip Off Club on Tuesday.

With Marshawn Powell being "iffy" academically and Anthony Borden not likely to help right away, Pel has to have a strong late signing period, or it may be more of the same next season.  It may be even worse if Washington declares for the NBA draft.  I do agree that what we're seeing now is a hangover from the Heath era.

Porkatarian out...
"I came here to win the SEC and that is exactly what we are going to do."

jry04

Quote from: Whatever happened to Rodney Giles? on February 04, 2009, 10:18:58 pm
With Marshawn Powell being "iffy" academically and Anthony Borden not likely to help right away, Pel has to have a strong late signing period, or it may be more of the same next season.  It may be even worse if Washington declares for the NBA draft.  I do agree that what we're seeing now is a hangover from the Heath era.

Porkatarian out...
I am hoping the Powell talk is more rumor and speculation than truth. If we get Powell on campus, and everyone returns, we will see an immediate improvement in the team. Our offensive production will go up so much more because Washington will no longer be double teamed. We will have a legit threat at the 4.