Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Nolan discusses Pelphrey and the young team

Started by MrKnowItAll, February 04, 2009, 06:46:16 am

Previous topic - Next topic

hoglee

Noland's problem was with Frank.  After what happenned the last couple of years I have some sympathy for his point of view.  Noland was and probably is a great coach who deserves respect.  JMHO ;D

darkhogfan

Quote from: Lazarus P. Hog on February 04, 2009, 09:43:47 am
Why is Nolan crawling back to us now???? Enough with him already!

What's up with all the Nolan hatin?  He made arkansas a basketball powerhouse in the 90s.  Now I know some will say he left the cupboard bare, but I really believe his hands were tied by Frank Broyles.  After everything that happened with Frank and Nutty I really believe that Nolan was right about the shenanigans going on. 
"She had a weakness for writers...and I was never that good with words anyways"-Ben Nichols

40MINSOFHELL

From the things I've seen with my eyes and from my 40 years of experience coaching the game I love on all levels from seventh grade up through the international leagues, I think our program - and I say our program because you can't coach somewhere for 17 years and you not love it - has a brilliant young coach," Richardson said. "All he needs is some patience and time. You can't build a program in two years. We all want it to be great right now, but nothing happens that fast."

people that are impatient, give it time ;)

LRMedHawg

I am glad that Nolan is coming back out and supporting our program.  How could this be anything but positive when he is supporting the coach and players.  I have often wondered what it would be like to have Nolan as a consultant to Pel.  I know this would probably never happen for a lot of reasons, but Nolan is an expert at the style of play that Pel is trying to institute here at Arkansas.

Dwight_K_Shrute

Quote from: darkhogfan on February 04, 2009, 12:11:29 pm
What's up with all the Nolan hatin?  He made arkansas a basketball powerhouse in the 90s.  Now I know some will say he left the cupboard bare, but I really believe his hands were tied by Frank Broyles.  After everything that happened with Frank and Nutty I really believe that Nolan was right about the shenanigans going on. 

Usually when people are still hating after 7 years even after olive branches and contrition it's because they are unhappy with something in their own life, so they project their hate on an easy target.  It could be a failed marriage, unsuccessful career choices or business venture, possible feelings of inadequacy, or a number of other things.  The thing is don't try to figure it out or change their minds.  Just pitty how miserable their situation must be to still be wasting energy on hate after all these years.  Very sad, very sad indeed.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

BrooklynRoss

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on February 04, 2009, 03:33:02 pm

Usually when people are still hating after 7 years even after olive branches and contrition it's because they are unhappy with something in their own life, so they project their hate on an easy target.  It could be a failed marriage, unsuccessful career choices or business venture, possible feelings of inadequacy, or a number of other things.  The thing is don't try to figure it out or change their minds.  Just pitty how miserable their situation must be to still be wasting energy on hate after all these years.  Very sad, very sad indeed.

Excellent post. I've been doing a lot of research on message board culture for the last 3 years and everything I've found points to what you just said.
I support the Razorbacks in the city that never sleeps.

3kgthog

Those at the UA should be ashamed for completely ignoring our greatest era of basketball.

Hoggy1

Quote from: 3kgthog on February 04, 2009, 03:44:16 pm
Those at the UA should be ashamed for completely ignoring our greatest era of basketball.

agree 100%
You must be smokin somethin if you think I ain't smokin nothin

RZRBack_FAN

Nolan can and should be used to better our program. He us a great asset to have and anybody that still hates the man is clearly a sad individual.

MaconBacon

Quote from: 3kgthog on February 04, 2009, 03:44:16 pm

+1    The last time I checked Nolan brought more wins to the team than anyone else in my 39 yrs.  Could we have a new assistant shortly??  I would love it!

thirtythree

Because of what he has done for the UofA. NR has always been interested in the program. It was the people at the top of the program who was keeping him out. Having NR speaking about the program is a good thing.

Obadiah

I like Nolan, always have.  So when Razorback Nation eventually whole heartedly accept him with open arms, LEAVE HIS DAMN HORSES ALONE!

Corkscrew Johnson

Nolan doesn't want to leave NWA.  He really loves the people, and he really loves his farm.

Pel is a great young coach, but he has a few things to learn, and he has a few battles to win in the living rooms.  What better way to accomplish both of those things than to bring Nolan back to the sidelines in a Rob Evans-esque role  Can you imagine Nolan walking into a living room?  Living legend, not just because of victories, but because of mystique...40 minutes of hell and the fact that he essentially disappeared ala Barry Sanders. 

To this day, I have still seen NO TEAM play defense like Nolan's did. 

mbgrulz

Like Nolan needs us.

We are lucky to be able to lay claim to him.

Worst post of the day.