Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

I wonder how many wins it would take to make the NIT?

Started by Modsquad24, February 04, 2009, 06:41:09 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Modsquad24

I know they changed the format somewhat to where they seed 1-8 in 4 different regions and try to put the small conference regular season champs that didnt win their conference tourney in now. I just am not sure what you have to do from an atlarge conference anymore, anyone know? I remember used to if you were barely above .500 overall (ex. 16-14) and you were a school like Arkansas you were a lock to go. I have accepted the fact that with this teams youth, lack of depth and all other things the NIT would be something good for us to accept if we get an offer at seasons end because these Frosh could use all the extra games we can get. GHG!

jry04

tulsafan101010

IMO, it would take at least 17 wins to get you guys in.  Since the reformatting no team with fewer than 17 wins has made the NIT.  Oklahoma State made it last year with 16 D1 wins plus a win over Rogers State, but they finished 77 in the RPI.  Arkansas with a 16-14 (4-13) record would probably be around 110 in the RPI.

cdclark09

Doesn't matter, we're going NCAA.  Too early to talk NIT.

40MINSOFHELL

Quote from: cdclark09 on February 04, 2009, 12:04:35 pm

hehe we need to turn it around, ugh im tired of looooooosing

UAfan

Quote from: cdclark09 on February 04, 2009, 12:04:35 pm
I like the way you think.  Call me crazy but I honestly still believe this team has a shot at the NCAA, its all about how we finish.

40MINSOFHELL

folks, we will only lose one more game, smite me now :D

cdclark09

HawgnCorona

February 04, 2009, 02:06:43 pm #8 Last Edit: February 04, 2009, 02:09:19 pm by HawgnCorona
Quote from: 40MINSOFPEL on February 04, 2009, 12:46:02 pm
folks, we will only lose one more game, smite me now :D

jedi mind trick there 40? hey its possibly the best thing you have said all day...;) and +1
Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all your getting, get understanding." --   Proverbs 4:7

"Live justly, love mercy and to walk humbly with the Most High."-- Micah 6:8

Hogtropolis™

Quote from: 40MINSOFPEL on February 04, 2009, 12:34:16 pm
hehe we need to turn it around, ugh im tired of looooooosing
It all starts tonight.  I say we lose 1-3 more games max and make it to at least the semis of the SECT.

UAfan

3 more losses are the max for an at large bid, or so I assume...I think we definitely have the potential to hold our own and go 8-8

WhenPigsFly

February 05, 2009, 08:17:49 am #12 Last Edit: February 05, 2009, 08:24:00 am by WhenPigsFly
You guys sure are optimistic about a team that's 1-3 AT HOME in the SEC so far.

vandybuff

We at Vandy are trying to find out - hehehehe!
What a wonderful time to rediscover the hobby for a lifetime - a great book!!!

A happy life is doing something "that matters".  So start today!!!!!

ProfusionalHog

Quote from: vandybuff on February 05, 2009, 08:50:53 am

We at Vandy are trying to find out - hehehehe!

We are with you on your quest :)