Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Starting lineup

Started by Scott7703, January 31, 2009, 01:10:08 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Scott7703

What does everyone think about a new look. I had been thinking about this for awhile and then after watching the 1st half of the Miss St vs Ole Piss game i lik eit even more. How bout a lineup that looks this:

pg: Fortson
g:Clarke
g:Welsh
f:Henry
c:Washington

It seems to work well for Miss St and think it would work well for us to. If u look at our offense we might as well play 4 perimeter players cus we have 4 on the perimeter 80 percent of the time. The only player in the lane is Washington so why not add Henry who imo recbound as well as the other bigs and use the 4 guard lineup?

Hogtropolis™

I have been thinking we might try a new line-up for the last few games, but it hasn't happened yet, and I really don't expect it to happen after a win on Thursday.

Also, it is nice to be able to bring in a scorer (Henry) off the bench.  I think that is the way that Pel looks at it.

Hog4Ever09

I honestly think he might start Henry if he was 100%

pigsooie1000

I think that would be a great lineup.  Henry had 8 boards in 19 minutes last game and a lot of those came in the first half.  It gives us another threat on the boards along with Washington as Sanchez has something like 10 rebounds in SEC play.

The_Bionic_Pig

Man do we miss Patrick Beverly who led the team in scoring and REBOUNDING!
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

songofthesword

fortson
clarke
henry
clarke
washington

606hog

Fortson
Henry
Clarke
Moore
Washington

songofthesword

i would even be for starting britt instead of henry. he plays great defense.

ThisTeetsTaken

Quote from: songofthesword on January 31, 2009, 06:26:21 pm
i would even be for starting britt instead of henry. he plays great defense.
Has a nice mid range jump shot as well.  Stays under control and make good decisions.  I'd have no problem with Britt getting much more time than he does.
***"He must increase, but I must decrease"***

Hogtropolis™

Quote from: songofthesword on January 31, 2009, 06:20:39 pm
fortson
clarke
henry
clarke
washington
That lineup would be very impressive.  ;)

UltimateHog

January 31, 2009, 09:19:55 pm #10 Last Edit: January 31, 2009, 09:22:46 pm by UltimateHog
Anyone that thinks Welsh should start needs to step away from the Basketball forum quickly.

Welsh is as cold as the rocky's. I'd be more comfortable with Sanchez/Clark/Moore taking 3's right now than Welsh, or jumpers at that.

Welsh had his flash in the pan shooting spree early in the season and he's done now.

We can not, and will not win with the performances we continue to get every game from Sanchez and Welsh.

And don't even get me started on how worthless Sanchez has become.

Talk about another local, overhyped player, and he's not even a true frosh.

I really expected Sanchez to be a 10-12ppg 7-11 rpg kinda player this year and he isn't even CLOSE to that.

You can't get 3 points combined from 2 starters and expect to win, especially on the road, and especially to the best team in the conference.

Kudo's to Clarke, Fortson, and Washington for at least keeping the score respectable and doing what they've done all year in the stat categories. Henry played pretty good as well.

Just sickens me about Welsh and Sanchez' PATHETIC, UNTOLERABLE performances the past 6 games.

I'm sick of it.

Fortson, Clarke, Henry, Moore, Washington.

If Pel is still upset about Moore's arrest then start Clark.

If Henry isn't close enough to 100% to be starting (which I think he is considering he just played 26 minutes) then go with Britt.

Get Welsh and Sanchez on the frickin bench where they deserve to be right, they DO NOT DESERVE to be wearing an Arkansas jersey, period.
Quote from: cityhog on January 14, 2012, 04:48:21 pm
I'll honestly be shocked if CMA ever goes above .500 in conference play as coach here.

Ray Piggers

Anyone who would rather have Sanchez shooting threes as apposed to Welsh should probably step away from the basketball forum. In all seriousness.

I know people are frustrated, but seriously?

Sanchez makes me more upset than Vincent Hunter.. That's right.
I'm basically Darkwing Duck

Hot_Town_Hog

Quote from: songofthesword on January 31, 2009, 06:20:39 pm
fortson
clarke
henry
clark
washington

Probably gets my vote. Maybe Welsh would do better off the bench.

UltimateHog

I'd almost rather start Britt as compared to starting Andre down low and go with a 4 guard lineup.

Multiple teams run 4 guard offenses, but the key to that is having aggressive rebounding guards, such as what P Bev did last year.

Henry would have to put up Bev type numbers in the paint, which I think he is capable of gettin in there and bangin with big SEC forwards healthy, but we all know he's not healthy, and who knows just how healthy he really is.

Clark/Sanchez starting is almost like wasting a starting spot really, at least Britt might actually score and contribute on offense, and he definitely is better on D.
I'll honestly be shocked if CMA ever goes above .500 in conference play as coach here.

Ahenso

Here is my opinion on who I would start.

PG: Fortson
SG: Clarke
G/F: Henry
F: Clark
F: Washington

Welsh gives you a scoring option off the bench
Britt plays good D and his role wont change
Sanchez will stay out of foul trouble and will be a fresh body to bring in and give you hustle

Not a bunch to work with but I would love to see a lineup change espcialy Henry in there. That kid needs his min to steadily increase throughout the rest of the year. He gives us the athletic wing player we need who can help on the boards. Hes still raw but he will only get better.

Hogbody

ua_hogs

when/if monk comes back i would start him,

fortson
clarke
henry
monk
washington

since monk isnt an option right now, i would go with clark as ahenso has said.

UltimateHog

4 guards.

Clark nor Sanchez deserve to be starting, Britt does alot more than either of them.

Start Britt.

4 Guard lineup, make Henry play down low with his 6'6" frame and grab boards. If P Bev can lead the SEC in recruiting i'm sure Henry can do pretty well too.

I'm a firm believer in earning your starting spots, and Britt has earned it, he hustles and plays lock down D. He shows alot more heart out there than Sanchez/Clark have, and he can at least contribute on offense.

Hot_Town_Hog

Quote from: UltimateHog on February 02, 2009, 08:50:45 pm
4 guards.

Clark nor Sanchez deserve to be starting, Britt does alot more than either of them.

Start Britt.

4 Guard lineup, make Henry play down low with his 6'6" frame and grab boards. If P Bev can lead the SEC in recruiting i'm sure Henry can do pretty well too.

I'm a firm believer in earning your starting spots, and Britt has earned it, he hustles and plays lock down D. He shows alot more heart out there than Sanchez/Clark have, and he can at least contribute on offense.

This was similar to one I suggested several games ago, but got shotdown with the idea. We would be small, but some of our best rebounders have been guards. We outscored LSU bigtime going to the press and speeding up the tempo. Too bad we don't have another guard to come off the bench with that line-up, but we could sub  Sanchez/Clark/Moore in at times to rest a guard and slow things down for a bit. Probably don't have the guns to use this 40 minutes, but could certainly give it a try in 7-8 minute intervals.

86rogershog

Ronti can not guard the door...This guy can heat up like alex dillerd.Alex bagged groicres,way before kurt whats his name.

hogtheball

Quote from: 86rogershog on February 02, 2009, 11:13:55 pm
Ronti can not guard the door...This guy can heat up like alex dillerd.Alex bagged groicres,way before kurt whats his name.

You just made my day!  The Ronti / groicres post.  You should join the "I just Steven Hill" thread...
Did you hear about the dyslexic agnostic with insomnia? He laid awake all night wondering if there really was a dog.

thirtythree

Was just announced that Henry will be starting in place of Sanchez tonight. I think that is good if Henry's knee doesn't give out or wears down too much during the game.

UltimateHog

Quote from: thirtythree on February 04, 2009, 05:44:48 pm
Was just announced that Henry will be starting in place of Sanchez tonight. I think that is good if Henry's knee doesn't give out or wears down too much during the game.

Who called that one HUH?!!?!

lol.

I like the move.

Sanchez has been playing horrible, but not as bad as Welsh IMO.