Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

It's the championship game in the CWS.....

Started by 351hog, May 25, 2007, 11:39:36 am

Previous topic - Next topic

351hog

And for agruements sake both Nick and Jess are rested and ready to pitch: 

Who would you give the ball to?

TuckFexas

Todd. He has been more dominant over the past month. I don't think you can go wrong with either, but Todd has been unhittable.
Famous quote.
Follow me on Twitter: www.twitter.com
Become my friend on Facebook: www.facebook.com
The post above may or may not accurately reflect the views of TuckFexas.
Yes, they let me out of the Tavern on a day pass.

351hog

Can you imagine pitching Nick about 7-8 strong innings and then bring in Jess to finsh the game.....wow

But I would probably give the ball to Nick...he has earned it and has experience pitching in big games like that.

Hollywood_HOGan45

jess todd

not even close

9 straight Ks!!!
wow

jst01

Todd.  His stuff is nasty to right and left handed hitters.  if you load up your lineup with rightys against Nick then he can be hit hard as we've seen.  I think that we are lucky to have to make that kind of decision between two bad a**es!

chiefsfan

Todd pitches 7 and let Nick get the save  ;)

and I wont say that scenario is impossible...its just we sort of have to win 3-4 games in the regional, 2 in the Super Regionals and 4 or 5 more in the college world series just to get that far.  I could actually see a situation where we got to a game where we could win the championship and would have our pickings of schmidt and todd.  its entirely possible

problem is getting there folks, and finding at least one more player to win us games...preferably 2 more.  schmidt and todd could win a super regional for us, but could only get us so far in the College World Series and Regional play.   thats the reason I think the SECT is crucial, because this is our first chance to look at how we fair in a tournament bracket that is very much like both the regional and potential CWS setup
Honor and Integrity no longer exist in the world of college football.  It is only filled with liar's cheater's, and traitors.

hogfan064

Well considering the NC game is best of 3 then we can pitch them both on Friday and Saturday

yraciv

Nick has never come out of the pen, and you'd want to use everyone we got.  Let him go 5 or 6 or until he struggles, but let Todd come in after that and close it out strong.  Hogfan is right though that isn't much of a possibility.

chiefsfan

Quote from: hogfan064 on May 25, 2007, 04:10:35 pm
Well considering the NC game is best of 3 then we can pitch them both on Friday and Saturday

well the CWS is set up with off days.   Its possible Nick could throw twice in the CWS before the championship series on full rest, and the same thing with jess Todd.   

But lets figure out how to get there first
Honor and Integrity no longer exist in the world of college football.  It is only filled with liar's cheater's, and traitors.

Break & Run

Quote from: Hollywood_HOGan45 on May 25, 2007, 11:52:50 am
jess todd

not even close

9 straight Ks!!!
wow

You must not understand. Todd has only been playing Division 1 baseball for one year.  He doesn't have the experience in big time games.  Nick does and he can control himself more than he's shown the last month.
Quote from: Michael BernalWhat's your favorite Arkansas tradition?
"I can't be cliché and say 'Call the Hogs,' but I think I have to.  That's just something that sets our university apart.  When you're out on the field and everyone in the stadium stands up, it's amazing.  Even when we're at a football or basketball game, just to see that many people around you doing the same thing for you when you're on the field or for the other guys who are playing, it's pretty awesome."

javajockey

Jess seems to get started a little faster to me so I think he would be better if we needed someone to come into a bad situation.  I would start Nick and go after Jess at the first hint of trouble past the second inning. 

jst01

Quote from: hog_fan_08 on May 25, 2007, 08:01:01 pm
Quote from: Hollywood_HOGan45 on May 25, 2007, 11:52:50 am
jess todd

not even close

9 straight Ks!!!
wow

You must not understand. Todd has only been playing Division 1 baseball for one year.  He doesn't have the experience in big time games.  Nick does and he can control himself more than he's shown the last month.

whats to not understand?!  Todd has pitched against some of the best offenses in the country and has dominated!  Big time games??  how bout relying on Todd to win his games so we dont get swept?  or him starting a Saturday game after Nick gets crushed and winning?  We have called on Todd to pull us out of the gutter over and over the last few weeks of the reg season and he has been great.  Nick and Jess are both great, but dont use that 'big game' excuse crap.   

STRILE

Nobody's gonna pitch 3 times in the CWS.  We need one more guy to step up if we are going to win it all.
"Strile is critical to Hogville.  He accounts for 0.00077% of all posts"  anonymous moderator

STRILE

I'm going with Nick by the way.  He needs more days between starts.
"Strile is critical to Hogville.  He accounts for 0.00077% of all posts"  anonymous moderator

josh_sec33

If somehow we had both Schmidt and Todd ready to go Nick gets the start, and I ask Todd to back him up. The reason I say that is because Todd came out of the bullpen this season, and if it's the last game of the season, guess what....I'm not holding a rested pitcher who has nasty stuff over a bullpen person who at times is iffy.

But you know, there's a bunch of games to get there, and honestly, i don't see both of them rested at that point in the CWS.
Quote from: Hogstocking on February 07, 2008, 11:45:16 am
The 'fence' has been replaced by the Great Wall of China wrapped in barbed wire guarded by snipers. 

Quote from: Fayettechill14 on September 06, 2012, 05:43:24 pm
On a scale of "DGB is a Hog" to "Bobby had a girl on the back of that bike," how sure are you?

BigDave70

Thats not a fair question, I like them both but I would have to go with nick and if he got into any trouble I would put in Todd
"No coach has ever won a game by what he knows; it's what his players know that counts."  Paul "Bear" Bryant