Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

11-3....

Started by hogmolar, January 18, 2016, 09:21:02 am

Previous topic - Next topic

hogmolar

Can the Hogs finish 11-3 in these last 14 games, plus 1 in the SECT?  They showed a lot of heart Saturday and I am beginning to think that we might be able to do this. 3 five game stretches of 4-1 does not seem to crazy right?

jry04

Quote from: hogmolar on January 18, 2016, 09:21:02 am
Can the Hogs finish 11-3 in these last 14 games, plus 1 in the SECT?  They showed a lot of heart Saturday and I am beginning to think that we might be able to do this. 3 five game stretches of 4-1 does not seem to crazy right?
Don't think so, but 9-5 seems doable. That would put us at 18-13, with a chance to play our way into the NIT.

hogsanity

Can they? Sure. Will they? Doubtful. Still have the same old problems they always seem to have, missed Ft's at inopportune times, poor rebounding, and long stagnant stretches on offense.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Danny J

Still think we finish around .500

MountieDawg

The upcoming 6 game stretch is key to the season.  If they can get through the next 6 with a winning record in those 6 games NIT is possible.  But all of the next 6 games will be tough to win...  Finishing .500 in the next 6 would be more than I would expect. Four of the next 6 are home which that helps but it wont be easy.

Kentucky
@ Georgia
Texas A&M
Texas Tech
@ Florida
TN

After those 6 they travel to both Miss schools....

If they get through the next 6 with a winning record... 18 wins would be possible, big IF.
SEC!

Arazorbackguy1

If they go 11-3, Mike deserves COY.
I have 10 to 12 points to make per game.

Sharky

Quote from: hogmolar on January 18, 2016, 09:21:02 am

Uh, not sure if you are serious or trolling? We haven't gone 4-1 for any stretch of the schedule thus far, although we did just have a 3-1 run, with a couple of soft opponents, and it could have been 4-0 rather easily (or 2-2 rather easily). However, the schedule is about to get much more difficult.

To put what's coming in perspective, LSU has an RPI of 109. We only have two top-100 RPI wins (Vandy and Evansville). Only 3 of the remaining games are against sub-100 opponents (one being LSU at home). 

With a tougher schedule comes opportunity to prove ourselves--our guys are playing hard and getting better, but 11-3 would mean gelling and played out of their mind without season fatigue or injury or losing any close games. I think we're a bit short on depth and talent to make it happen.

Let's see what happens against KY.

Dominicanhog

I'd take 9-5 ... win 2 in SECT.......