Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

In spite of crooked referees, we had our chances to win the game.

Started by JIHawg, January 16, 2016, 11:11:20 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

JIHawg

Turnovers and bad shot selection in the last two minutes cost us the game.  This will come as the team further gels.  We have to take care of the ball when it counts.  I love this team and feel we were the better team tonight.  We were just not good enough to overcome the referees.

Ben Simmons just dribbles in and gets an automatic foul call.  What kind of crap is that?

Knot2brite

We did have our chances all the way up to the horn. The last minute was a cluster of trying to do too much
Usually in EI where intelligent conversation is required

WMHawgfan

Agree, it wasn't coaching, it wasn't lack of effort or lack of talent. A missed FT, a turnover and a second chance offensive rebound for LSU in the last minute. We just didn't make the play to win it in end. I thought we played with great effort all night though. You can see things are coming together and clicking for these guys though. Just have to learn to close.

hawginbigd1

We fouled them every time the refs called it, I didn't see many bad calls, save the goal tend on Simmons, LOL! The referee issue was we got fouled multiple times with no whistle! It sucks but it is life on the road, especially in the SEC! However as the thread title states we had our opportunities to win the game!

Mistakes happen for everybody, however Kingsley should shoulder the blame for the loss, 2 lackadaisical plays cost us 5 points in crunch time including the game winner! He does this a lot, the dunk by Vandy was lack of effort by Kingsley! If Kingsley had not been standing and watching he had every opportunity to body Victor up and he would have got the rebound!

gmarv

I was proud of our guys they played very hard and did a lot of good things. they will learn from this and be a better team for it.

hogfan10

Quote from: hawginbigd1 on January 17, 2016, 03:46:58 am
We fouled them every time the refs called it, I didn't see many bad calls, save the goal tend on Simmons, LOL! The referee issue was we got fouled multiple times with no whistle! It sucks but it is life on the road, especially in the SEC! However as the thread title states we had our opportunities to win the game!

Mistakes happen for everybody, however Kingsley should shoulder the blame for the loss, 2 lackadaisical plays cost us 5 points in crunch time including the game winner! He does this a lot, the dunk by Vandy was lack of effort by Kingsley! If Kingsley had not been standing and watching he had every opportunity to body Victor up and he would have got the rebound!

Seriously, Kingsley should shoulder the blame for the loss? Plenty of mistakes in the last minute or so to go around. I think MK was exhausted, he plays a lot of minutes for a big man in an up tempo game.
The clear difference in this game was the lack of foul calls against LSU. It wasn't close to being fair.

hawginbigd1

Quote from: hogfan10 on January 17, 2016, 10:16:56 am
Seriously, Kingsley should shoulder the blame for the loss? Plenty of mistakes in the last minute or so to go around. I think MK was exhausted, he plays a lot of minutes for a big man in an up tempo game.
The clear difference in this game was the lack of foul calls against LSU. It wasn't close to being fair.
Errors of omission is a far greater sin than errors of commission in my book every day! Bell and TT both had turnovers trying to get the ball to MK, don't like it at all but they were trying to do the right thing! MK let the opposition get 5 points on lack of effort and/ or focus when the game was on the line!

HoopS

Have you ever been in that position, expecting to leap for a rebound when suddenly the dude shoots an airball? I bet you haven't or you'd understand that last sequence better.

hawginbigd1

Quote from: HoopS on January 17, 2016, 06:58:53 pm
Have you ever been in that position, expecting to leap for a rebound when suddenly the dude shoots an airball? I bet you haven't or you'd understand that last sequence better.
Been there enough, it doesn't happen frequently, which is why people look surprised many of these times! It is not about the catch of the ball, go back and watch the 5 or 6 seconds before the catch of the air ball, that is what I am referring to. Kingsley playing good D at top, ball goes to Blakeney on the other side and Kingsley is walking without any purpose and gawking at the guy fixing to shoot the ball instead of finding Victor and blocking him out! Victor was just standing on the back side!

Quite the opposite because I have lived many years as playground junkie, youth league coach and high school referee is the reason I am watching what the players on the opposite side of the court from the ball are doing! Different from the majority of fans, who follow the ball only!