Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Key to Finishing Strong

Started by lookawayquick, January 16, 2016, 10:04:52 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

lookawayquick

Miles and Thompson must improve.  Miles has to stay out of foul trouble, rebound and knock down the short jumper.  Thompson has to knock down the jumper from the FT line extended.  He was wide open tonight and tried to force the ball inside.  Good passer but he has to keep defense honest.  Those two play well the remainder of the season and the Hogs will have more Ws than Ls.  Love this team, they play hard.  WPS!

Danny J

I agree....we are getting killed at the 4 spot. Getting virtually zero offense no matter who is playing that spot. Trey must start shooting more. He simply has to start shooting that shot. He is a good jump shooter. I am not sure why he absolutely refuses to shoot that shot.

Letsroll1200

If this team had a decent 4 that could knock down the mid range jumper this team would be hard to beat. That's why I'm so excited about next season because we have two guys that will greatly improve the 4 position next season.

nwahogfan1

Will this spot be better next year?  Should we recruit more depth there?

The_Iceman

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on January 17, 2016, 12:05:11 pm
If this team had a decent 4 that could knock down the mid range jumper this team would be hard to beat. That's why I'm so excited about next season because we have two guys that will greatly improve the 4 position next season.

Cook, Thomas, and Bailey will all see time at the 4, with Thompson moving back to his more natural position to back up Kingsley.

Danny J

Quote from: nwahogfan1 on January 17, 2016, 06:44:39 pm
Will this spot be better next year?  Should we recruit more depth there?
Hard to say but  it certainly can't get any worse from a offensive standpoint especially.

lookawayquick

Willy Kouassi has been an able back up to Moses.  Plays good D and rebounds.  Hogs big missing piece is scoring from the 4 spot. Thompson should stop forcing the pass and take the FT line jumper.  Miles has shown he can knock down the short jumper but he seems to be in foul trouble at all times.  Hogs good fortune will depend on Miles and Thompson improving.