Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Thompson HAS to...

Started by Danny J, January 16, 2016, 10:03:55 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Danny J

start shooting those FT line jumpers. He catches that ball out around FT line extended and not a man...not a single man on defense comes out on him. He has to start shooting that shot. He has a good shot. He is a good FT shooter and has a nice looking jumper.

CMA has to get on him about not shooting the ball. It is kind of like running football teams that throw it deep every now and again not because they think they can actually make the throw but because it keeps the D on their toes. It is the same thing here. Thompson would catch the ball and Simmons would simply back off and double Kingsley. He must have turned down a wide open shot at least 10 times....at least. You have to keep the defense honest.

I hope he starts shooting the ball more.

lookawayquick

Right on track Danny.  The key to success for the remainder of the season is Miles and Thompson improving.   Both have to hit the FT jumper, rebound and block out.  Thompson cannot ignore a wide open FT line extended shot.  Must knock it down 6 of 10 times.  If he and Miles step up just a little the Hogs will finish strong.

PonderinHog

Miles actually hit one, and only one, last night.  I was surprised.

b-ash

That was going to Jacoreys spot and his favorite shot before he forgot how to act right.

ChicoHog

You guys took the words right out of my mouth.  He had wide open looks.  Just make a couple and it draws out the defender.